Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New PB At HRP Track Day 1/9/21

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Had a awesome day at B Mason's track rental day at Houston Raceway Park (HRP), 20 car max. The DA started at neg.1309 to neg. 492, humidity started at 74% & went down to 57%. Beautiful day all day. Previous best 9.83 with skinnies, now back on stock front wheels & tires, she went PB 9.77 @ 141 with 1.41 60ft. , posting my time slips, I'm car # 5.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Congrats !

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Damn MC, that’s moving! Nicely done. (y)(y)

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
Damn MC, that’s moving! Nicely done. (y)(y)
Thanks buddy, I believe we broke like 4 records yesterday, & Ron (@DRAGRCR ) with his SS ran real good but I'll let him announce his ET's. , he's got a nice looking SS.

From what B Mason said, I have the HC record with 2.85 pulley on 93 tune ? ... not sure but sounds good to me.

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thanks buddy, I believe we broke like 4 records yesterday, & Ron (@DRAGRCR ) with his SS ran real good but I'll let him announce his ET's. , he's got a nice looking SS.

From what B Mason said, I have the HC record with 2.85 pulley on 93 tune ? ... not sure but sounds good to me.
We can keep throwing parts at these cars and keep going faster but it is also fun to maximize what you have to see how fast you can go. Like you I would be ecstatic to be fastest stock Charger. Having a combo like yours going into the 9's on 93 is awesome:cool:

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Had a awesome day at B Mason's track rental day at Houston Raceway Park (HRP), 20 car max. The DA started at neg.1309 to neg. 492, humidity started at 74% & went down to 57%. Beautiful day all day. Previous best 9.83 with skinnies, now back on stock front wheels & tires, she went PB 9.77 @ 141 with 1.41 60ft. , posting my time slips, I'm car # 5.
Wtg bud and keep getting faster.

We should see you in Houston again this year.

Regards,
Colby

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
We can keep throwing parts at these cars and keep going faster but it is also fun to maximize what you have to see how fast you can go. Like you I would be ecstatic to be fastest stock Charger. Having a combo like yours going into the 9's on 93 is awesome:cool:
Yeah, I'm happy where she's at, I have probably maxed out my 2.85 on 93 with a safe tune. 10.0's in decent DA & 9.7's in excellent DA. I don't want to do E or race gas. I also still have cats & stock exhaust.
I had 7/8 of a tank of gas at the start of the day (not good for the weight), my dumb ass filled it up after last time to the track & thought I would drive it some b4 Track Day to burn some fuel off but I didn't so I showed up way too heavy, oh well, it's 1 hour drive to track & back & when I got back home from racing all day, I still had a little over 1/2 tank LOL, I should of showed up with that :rolleyes:. So it could have been a little better ET. Car weighed 4480 with me in it after first pass.
I'm not chasing a record or know what the records are for any given set up, but B Mason keeps up with a lot of that & he said that for my set up that is probably a record. Doesn't matter either way, I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Years ago I would of never thought I would have a 10 second car much less a 9 second car without having a totally stripped down, monster built motor trailer queen not street legal. Man have times changed, we could drive across country in comfort with a/c, race at some drag strip, kick ass & drive it home (hopefully). :LOL::cool:

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
Wtg bud and keep getting faster.

We should see you in Houston again this year.

Regards,
Colby
Thanks Colby @Dman007, sounds like a plan, can't wait for the next time.

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Awesome job! I gotta put in more work at the track. If I'm lucky, I will catch you at some point.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
Awesome job! I gotta put in more work at the track. If I'm lucky, I will catch you at some point.
Thanks & you can Do It & good luck !!

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks & you can Do It & good luck !!
Is there anything else done to your car besides what you have listed in your signature?

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Awesome timeslips and looked like you all had a fun day. Track rentals are great because your not rushed and can get a lot of runs in not to mention hanging out with Mopar guys/gals. 👍

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
@Mean Cat
Nice runs! What rear rims are you running? And did you have have any issues dragging water to the starting line with your stock front tires on?

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #14
Is there anything else done to your car besides what you have listed in your signature?
Nope, that's it. Well there is The Driver Mod :LOL:

@Mean Cat
Nice runs! What rear rims are you running? And did you have have any issues dragging water to the starting line with your stock front tires on?
Forgestar D5's, & I haven't had any issue with dragging water up from the fronts, I do a extended burnout past where any water may be, or you can drive around the water box & back up to water box but I don't.

Last edited: