Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Lease Deals for April

Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I can't even get thru to US Bank to talk to a real person about it...
I feel your pain, was on hold forever this morning

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
As of right now, no joy for me. The automated system (US Bank, not CC) gave me a buyout $3k higher than the residual on my original paperwork. When I finally got thru to a person I was offered a "discount" that basically put me right back to my residual value :rolleyes:. I still have a few weeks, so maybe I'll try again later.

Last edited:

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
As of right now, no joy for me. The automated system (US Bank, not CC) gave me a buyout $3k higher than the residual on my original paperwork. When I finally got thru to a person I was offered a "discount" that basically put me right back to my residual value :rolleyes:. I still have a few weeks, so maybe I'll try again later.
The incentive is only on Chrysler Capital leases

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Yes, I know. But if one lender is doing it, others may follow suit. They're all in the same boat. It didn't hurt to ask, and FWIW, they did offer a slightly better buyout, just not good enough to be worthwhile.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I'll have to call and talk to someone different. Last person at CC said no incentives on residuals..🤔

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I'll have to call and talk to someone different. Last person at CC said no incentives on residuals..🤔
I've talked to another CC person and no residual incentives are available. Can one of you that has received this deal PM me some contacts so I can see what the deal is with that?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I've talked to another CC person and no residual incentives are available. Can one of you that has received this deal PM me some contacts so I can see what the deal is with that?
PM sent Octane

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Just as an update for any other non-CC lessees out there looking for alternatives- Still no movement on the buyout price for me, but I did get offers for 1.09% financing (60 mo) and an option to extend the lease up to 6 months. This is from US Bank.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I’m sure I’m missing something but it seems to me leasing is like kissing your sister. What’s the point? 🤷🏾‍♂️

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I’m sure I’m missing something but it seems to me leasing is like kissing your sister. What’s the point? 🤷🏾‍♂️
That's a whole other thread..

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Still hoping something comes out of this soon before my lease ends. I'm also through US Bank

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
sometimes it's better to lease than buy, if you have a business and can write off said lease it's always better to lease. Different situations, different cars, different uses, captives, etc etc

Long story short sometimes leasing is like kissing your sister and sometimes it's like dating a supermodel without any cons.

In the case of the $500 hellcat deals it's definitely the latter.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Macedon
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
sometimes it's better to lease than buy, if you have a business and can write off said lease it's always better to lease. Different situations, different cars, different uses, captives, etc etc

Long story short sometimes leasing is like kissing your sister and sometimes it's like dating a supermodel without any cons.

In the case of the $500 hellcat deals it's definitely the latter.
Kissing your sister vs. dating a supermodel...an excellent analogy. I have a friend that’s been married several times. Always to really good looking women. His current girlfriend is really putting the pressure on him to get married. He made the comment to me, “I wish I could lease, rather than own.”

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
if you have a business and can write off said lease it's always better to lease.
Not ALWAYS better to lease for business owners. Section 179 and bonus depreciation can be better depending on current tax laws (like right now).

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Not ALWAYS better to lease for business owners. Section 179 and bonus depreciation can be better depending on current tax laws (like right now).
Monetary wise it probably depends on the situation but for ease of use I find that leasing is simpler, 100% writeoff + no logbooks = winner. With depreciation if you get audited and have no logbooks of trips it's a gg. Cpa told me with a lease if you can write off 100% of the lease then logbooks and trip tracking isn't an issue. Just what a few cpa's have basically told me.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cooper City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Contusion Blue Hellcat Challenger
Yeah. When a lease starts to creep up towards $1000mo on a ballparked $70,000 ride, I would tend to move into purchasing. My viewpoint is that the lease payment is significantly less than a purchase price, hence the attraction and affordability.

But I've never leased a performance or high dollar car, so. I dunno. 😂
Good rule of thumb is that if you can get a monthly lease rate @ 1% of MSRP, it is a good deal. I have probably leased 20 cars over the years, and some have been a good deal and others have not. My current 2017 Hellcat Challenger was good. MSRP of $66k, $0 down, $605/month (+ tax). My wife's 2018 SRT392 Charger was also a good deal. MSRP $60k, $0 down, $560/month. Obviously it depends on OEM programs, but they do come around. I have paid $800+ for a $60k car in the past just because I wanted it, but it was painful. Hopefully COVID beats the OEMs down enough so that they start giving them away.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Good rule of thumb is that if you can get a monthly lease rate @ 1% of MSRP, it is a good deal. I have probably leased 20 cars over the years, and some have been a good deal and others have not. My current 2017 Hellcat Challenger was good. MSRP of $66k, $0 down, $605/month (+ tax). My wife's 2018 SRT392 Charger was also a good deal. MSRP $60k, $0 down, $560/month. Obviously it depends on OEM programs, but they do come around. I have paid $800+ for a $60k car in the past just because I wanted it, but it was painful. Hopefully COVID beats the OEMs down enough so that they start giving them away.
that 1% rule is the dumbest thing, rv,mf, incentives, captives, state taxes, etc etc play a huge role.

There are a myriad of factors that affect payment, you should negotiate a lease based on those variables and not the 1% rule.

Forget you ever saw that rule

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I talked to USBank today about my lease. My residual buyout was $28.3. When she put my car in the system there was a negotiation price that lowered it to $26.3. I know others have said they don't lower them but they did mine. It could have something to do with what is going on and they may have changed things starting in May. I was waiting until May to call just to see.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
I talked to USBank today about my lease. My residual buyout was $28.3. When she put my car in the system there was a negotiation price that lowered it to $26.3. I know others have said they don't lower them but they did mine. It could have something to do with what is going on and they may have changed things starting in May. I was waiting until May to call just to see.
I called again too yesterday. US Bank offered me 3 options:
- original residual ($30k) + 1.09% financing or
- $26.4k and find my own financing
- extend my lease (and miles) up to 6 months at my current payment

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I called again too yesterday. US Bank offered me 3 options:
- original residual ($30k) + 1.09% financing or
- $26.4k and find my own financing
- extend my lease (and miles) up to 6 months at my current payment
Looks like yours changed a lot from 3K over. You going to buy yours now?