Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New guy. Looking for previous owners

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Oh man someone is getting a drunk dial this weekend…:p

Should we coordinate times?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The hardest parts are 1. Not ever riding in a stock hellcat so I don’t have anything to compare it to. And 2. Not knowing the extent of what’s been done to the car. I don’t know what they used to tune it with. I don’t know if it has stock internals, transmission etc. It smells like it’s running a little rich while it’s idle but the A/F gauge is showing 9-10.
There should be some on this forum not obscenely far from you. Maybe @Mean Cat that could help you with some info.

OP
H

Hihoslvr

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #43
If at gauge is showing 9 to 10 afr the car is tuned for e85. It means the stoich point is changed in the tune to reflect e85.
or it means you are in car over temp but even if it is in the 9s that would be rich for cat over temp
See this is what I’m trying to understand. I was under the impression if it was tuned to E85 it wouldn’t even run in 91+. How could it be tuned to e85 but run perfectly off of 91+. I miss the diesel days when diesel was diesel and it was all the same shit.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
See this is what I’m trying to understand. I was under the impression if it was tuned to E85 it wouldn’t even run in 91+. How could it be tuned to e85 but run perfectly off of 91+. I miss the diesel days when diesel was diesel and it was all the same shit.

Stay out of high boost until you resolve this...

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
When a well tuned one is on the money you can basically idle or just barely lay your foot on it and they are more than good for street driving!

I can drive mine like a bad ass Harley, with a RPM range about 1500-2200!! Get to 8th and use the torque just like I do on a well built/tuned bike. Amazing. But press down and complete violence breaks out, especially when the Track Mode is engaged (thank you Mr @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC for waking up the torque monster).

But like is said above, don’t really nail it seriously until someone like Jon has looked at everything. It can be a little off and a non-Hellcat person could believe it still is very bad ass until something makes a very bad and wrong noise.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
All I know until I saw some data is 9.8 is stoich for e85 so if that is what it is idling at that is what it wants. These cars can make up 30 percent in the fuel trims. But it won’t be happy for very long. Also timing for e85 is way more aggressive.
you could go back to that dealeeship and they could hook up their scanner to it and they can at least tell you what your fuel trims are.