Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

My stock Redeye WB vs Tuned Audi TTRS

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Hey guys so I managed to get like 5 runs on the street with this guy in a tuned Audi TT RS. I’ll start by saying I was very impressed how fast this car was. This car was quite a little bit faster than Porsche Turbo I raced and discussed on my other thread. So here’s the break down. First race was done around 30 mph.. Redeye spun Audi gets the win by a couple car lengths. Second race 30 roll.. not much different. Now coming to the third race.. I knew what I was dealing with.. I stopped and talked to the guy and he said his car is putting down over 500hp to the crank. So the car is really fast, not just quick. I was reading this article earlier...
With an estimated 600 horsepower produced at the crank, and 530 hp at the wheels, this AWD TT RS isn’t as powerful as, say, a stock Dodge Demon or Hellcat, but it has an important ace up its sleeve: it can actually put its power down and run the quarter mile in less than 10 seconds. And it did so, in front of the camera, in 9.76 seconds at 139 miles per hour (224 km/h). Anyways so we don’t know exactly how much HP it had. But judging by his exhaust tune sounding like it’s shooting Explosive buckshot and his confirmation it’s somewhere over 500 hp. We get the relative idea this car is definitely a contender for the cat. Now back to the Third Race. I change my transmission settings from the prior 2 races from Street to Track.. We do a 50 Roll and got to cut back quick At around triple digits but I managed to get him by half a car length. Now the 4th race we did was one of the best. Now knowing my competition we make a U turn and we have a little room to play no one in sight. He calls out which speed. I say 40 Roll! ... now this my friends is where it gets interesting. Ok so both car are ready to explode pun intended heh.. my crappy snow skate Pirellis tires are heated and I know from 40 they are capable of hooking.. getting to it.. I’m set in my custom setting. Track Trans, Traction Sport, Suspension in Street. Using paddle shifters I’m rolling in 3rd gear at around 3,500 Rpm with my 309 gears. Now just saying before I even say what happens I felt really good about this pull. As soon as I saw those Rpms and looked at him next to me.. I was just like there is no way he’s pulling on me I’m going to be right in the sweet spot once I hit it... we hit it.. I roll into the throttle like 2/3 for the first 5-8 mph. Right about 50 I’m at the floor. By the end of 3rd gear I managed to pull a full car length on him.. I was able to get most of 4th gear in too. We shut down around 110. I managed to keep a car length and gain perhaps a tiny bit. 40 Roll Redeye was the clear Victor. Then we do another 30 roll and he gets the Hit a bit.. I lose the 5th race.. at 30 he’s in the right gear and it’s no contest for the Redeye. I literally can’t use 1st or 2nd gear In the Redeye until I swap the tires soon. But anyways very respectable races. Today it was Audi 3 and Redeye 2. Can’t win them all! I will say this though.. if the Redeye is In the right gear IE.. 40 roll with 3.09 gear.. it’s very difficult for anyone to catch you as long as you hook. Final words.. from a Dig Tuned TTRS all day. 40-50 roll highway speeds the Redeye is going to eat your lunch. Best race I’ve had so far, really great competition and was a drivers race.. with the advantages to AWD and my slight lack of grip (pooprellis) not allowing me to use 2nd gear.

Last edited:

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hey guys so I managed to get like 5 runs on the street with this guy in a tuned Audi TT RS. I’ll start by saying I was very impressed how fast this car was. This car was quite a little bit faster than Porsche Turbo I raced and discussed on my other thread. So here’s the break down. First race was done around 30 mph.. Redeye spun Audi gets the win by a couple car lengths. Second race 30 roll.. not much different. Now coming to the third race.. I knew what I was dealing with.. I stopped and talked to the guy and he said his car is putting down over 500hp to the crank. So the car is really fast, not just quick. I was reading this article earlier...
With an estimated 600 horsepower produced at the crank, and 530 hp at the wheels, this AWD TT RS isn’t as powerful as, say, a stock Dodge Demon or Hellcat, but it has an important ace up its sleeve: it can actually put its power down and run the quarter mile in less than 10 seconds. And it did so, in front of the camera, in 9.76 seconds at 139 miles per hour (224 km/h). Anyways so we don’t know exactly how much HP it had. But judging by his exhaust tune sounding like it’s shooting Explosive buckshot and his confirmation it’s somewhere over 500 hp. We get the relative idea this car is definitely a contender for the cat. Now back to the Third Race. I change my transmission settings from the prior 2 races from Street to Track.. We do a 50 Roll and got to cut back quick At around triple digits but I managed to get him by half a car length. Now the 4th race we did was one of the best. Now knowing my competition we make a U turn and we have a little room to play no one in sight. He calls out which speed. I say 40 Roll! ... now this my friends is where it gets interesting. Ok so both car are ready to explode pun intended heh.. my crappy snow skate Pirellis tires are heated and I know from 40 they are capable of hooking.. getting to it.. I’m set in my custom setting. Track Trans, Traction Sport, Suspension in Street. Using paddle shifters I’m rolling in 3rd gear at around 3,500 Rpm with my 309 gears. Now just saying before I even say what happens I felt really good about this pull. As soon as I saw those Rpms and looked at him next to me.. I was just like there is no way he’s pulling on me I’m going to be right in the sweet spot once I hit it... we hit it.. I roll into the throttle like 2/3 for the first 5-8 mph. Right about 50 I’m at the floor. By the end of 3rd gear I managed to pull a full car length on him.. I was able to get most of 4th gear in too. We shut down around 110. I managed to keep a car length and gain perhaps a tiny bit. 40 Roll Redeye was the clear Victor. Then we do another 30 roll and he gets the Hit a bit.. I lose the 5th race.. at 30 he’s in the right gear and it’s no contest for the Redeye. I literally can’t use 1st or 2nd gear In the Redeye until I swap the tires soon. But anyways very respectable races. Today it was Audi 3 and Redeye 2. Can’t win them all! I will say this though.. if the Redeye is In the right gear IE.. 40 roll with 3.09 gear.. it’s very difficult for anyone to catch you as long as you hook. Final words.. from a Dig Tuned TTRS all day. 40-50 roll highway speeds the Redeye is going to eat your lunch. Best race I’ve had so far, really great competition and was a drivers race.. with the advantages to AWD and my slight lack of grip (pooprellis) not allowing me to use 2nd gear.
Nice read.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
A 9 second Audi is making WAY MORE than 600hp.
My brother has a tuned S4 (V6 supercharged) with some parts and he is as quick as my car in 500 mode, but I run away from him in 700 mode.
A close friend of mine has a tuned S6 (V8 TT) and he is as quick as I am in 700 mode. The car is really amazing, from the interior treatments, the beautiful lines, and now with a full exhaust and tune - it makes sounds that are incredible. He will need turbos to get to the next milestone, but then it'll be deep in the 10s.

They are wonderful cars, lots of tuning support, and they can certainly keep your hands full on the street.

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
At 40mph you really want to be in 2nd, even with 3.09 gears. I realize with stock tires that's a no go but when you do get tires, definitely do your 40's in 2nd

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Great story! There is one guy with a highly tuned TTRs here in town and yeah that thing is quick! He’s a half second quicker at the track than I am. I do t know what he has done or how much power he is making though.

Biggest mod you can do for these cars is rear tires. Feels like you added 100 hp! I daily drive on drag radials, lucky to live in a climate where you can basically do that year round. Yeah...it’s pretty fun :)

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
Great story! There is one guy with a highly tuned TTRs here in town and yeah that thing is quick! He’s a half second quicker at the track than I am. I do t know what he has done or how much power he is making though.

Biggest mod you can do for these cars is rear tires. Feels like you added 100 hp! I daily drive on drag radials, lucky to live in a climate where you can basically do that year round. Yeah...it’s pretty fun :)
I reraced him. By chance we met again on an open stretch. Roll race from 60.. 60-120 I had him by half a car length. He blew by me though in a hurry right at about 120 exactly and by 130 when I let off he had over a car length and a half on me. His car really pulled up high. His car was probably a half second quicker than mine I would say if we went from a dig and I could get traction in a 1/4 mile scenario. But Redeye pulls harder from 60-120. Facts! Was a very interesting roll race. We both kinda felt like we won. I was ahead most of it.. he got by me at the very end. His car is way faster In the top top end hehe.. 3rd gear I pulled on him half that car length and 4th gear kept him in check in all track mode. As soon as I shifted to 5th gear within an instant he was pulling on me and blowing by me at the speed I mentioned.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I reraced him. By chance we met again on an open stretch. Roll race from 60.. 60-120 I had him by half a car length. He blew by me though in a hurry right at about 120 exactly and by 130 when I let off he had over a car length and a half on me. His car really pulled up high. His car was probably a half second quicker than mine I would say if we went from a dig and I could get traction in a 1/4 mile scenario. But Redeye pulls harder from 60-120. Facts! Was a very interesting roll race. We both kinda felt like we won. I was ahead most of it.. he got by me at the very end. His car is way faster In the top top end hehe.. 3rd gear I pulled on him half that car length and 4th gear kept him in check in all track mode. As soon as I shifted to 5th gear within an instant he was pulling on me and blowing by me at the speed I mentioned.
That is real strange, he pulls on the 800 lb car at high speed. Very rare indeed. As MT demonstrated in a 1/4 mi -1/2 mi pull your car is one of the quickest on earth. Does that little beater have a hidden nitrous system installed?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Those cars can be highly boosted - like well over 20 pounds - and rev to the moon, I think they are little inline 5's, and the cars are super tiny and light. I think stock they are very low 11s.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Those cars can be highly boosted - like well over 20 pounds - and rev to the moon, I think they are little inline 5's, and the cars are super tiny and light. I think stock they are very low 11s.
You were right earlier, it has to be making some big power to do that. Even the lighter supercharged Vettes don't "pull away" from a HC above 130-150 ish.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
You were right earlier, it has to be making some big power to do that. Even the lighter supercharged Vettes don't "pull away" from a HC above 130-150 ish.
Yeah let’s be clear, these things would run in the 9s easy at sea level. Local guy runs 10.6 at 5350 elevation!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Considering stock is supposed to be 11.3 or so, they've done far more than just a tune to that car (in my opinion). AWD down low gives him the edge, but its nitrous or the aforementioned head twisting PSI alone that can get that walking away up top.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
My brother traded in his S4 (supercharged 6) and now has a tuned S6 TTV8. Beautiful and quick car. Traps ~125 with just the tune.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
What they need to do is produce an RS8.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
What they need to do is produce an RS8.
RS8L, you can drive.. I’ll sit in the back recliner drinking champagne 😀😂😁

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Done deal. I'm not kidding, if they'd build that I'd buy it in a heart beat. So much better than a Benz without the coneited asshole factor.