Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

MSHS Kentucky. Stinkeye sends it...

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
@HellcatFan

We need to get these guys (and gals too!) a banner. We tried to do something over at the other place and I could never get any consensus on what the deal was to earn the banner.

I say this time we make it simple.

Banners for anybody that can post a legitimate time slip gets a Xsec banner

10sec Pass
9sec Pass
8sec Pass
7sec Pass :eek:
I agree !

I want my 9 second banner !

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Me three!

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #84
Thanks Ron.... yeah we were real happy with that .90. So happy that I called it quits and was ready to go home a happy truck driver. That being said, the most startling thing was on the pass before. Leading up to the trip out we were working on getting a Autometer tach with a shift light to work. Because I’m manually shifting, I wanted to use a shift light to help get it done at the right time. The damn thing has been a major pain in the ass that just will not work right. So I ended up shifting just basically on timing. Like 1,2,3,shift. After the sun went down and the track cooled, the prep was incredible. Tim told me that after experiencing their radial prep, I would never want to run on another track again. He was right. You could not spin the tires and that is saying something. The increased performance was more starting line than DA. As it cooled down the humidity was dripping. My glasses were fogging up 😂 I think you have clicked of a sub 1.3 sixty ft and know what that feels like. Yahoo! On the time slip I posted here with the 1.26 sixty, I went thru first gear so fast that the 1,2,3,shift needed to be 1,2,shift because I hit the limiter so hard it fell on its face. I lost 4.5 mph in the 1/8 and still ran a 9.04 1/4. The next run was the 8.90 with a 1.31 sixty. That 1.2 sixty was probably a mid 8.80 if I had been in front of that shift. I had no idea that this thing at that weight could sixty like that. I may never see that again but for that 1.2 seconds I was loving life!!

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Ron,

Yes, I have a lot of passion for racing, just love it. I woke up this morning and wonder why was I so pissed last night? Over what? If he ran it at night, it is still a good pass, he worked hard, not easy to go that ET with all the weight. I been thinking about this all day, I think the contagion is really weighing on me, being self employed the "economy" is hammering me.

There is no excuse, I need to address this, I am really pissed over the contagion, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Marc, rock on, my bad, stress has a strange way of showing itself.
Cole - It’s interesting how everything going on has impacted attitudes. I was talking to my son earlier tonight about me having such a bad attitude right now. It seems like the US has been turned upside down and I’m stressing about what we will be in another year.

I’m not trying to change the subject, but want you to know many, if not most, of us are feeling stressed too.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Haha. That comes pretty close. I thought I was pre-staged and when my opponent light his, I started the usual creep toward stage. After a little while my ‘does not compute’ light in my head was on because I wasn’t getting the bottom light. So I stopped and was going wtf when the other car staged. That started the clock to complete my stage. I started rolling forward again and the starter yelled at my crew to get out of the way. When he did... my pre-stage went out and either the starter or the timer activated the tree. His was green and mine was red. My crew started yelling and that’s when the starter called him a dumbass and told him his foot was in the lights. I found all that out when the story was told later. He felt terrible and I couldn’t even be mad about it. He had been working his ass off in the heat and it was just a rookie mistake. You can imagine how he felt. A 2000 mile drive to get there with the strongest running car in the field and we pulled a Keystone cops. I’m pretty sure we won’t do that again. That’s racing... love it or leave it! It really did kick that drive to get a 8 Into high gear. That long drive home with a 9.01 wasn’t going to be a good one.
So many ways to lose a race. You can check that one of the list.

You had great runs no matter what happened in eliminations. The hard work is paying off.

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
@HellcatFan

We need to get these guys (and gals too!) a banner. We tried to do something over at the other place and I could never get any consensus on what the deal was to earn the banner.

10sec Pass
9sec Pass
8sec Pass
Let me look into it.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Yea well I am making my 1 second banner... [neener]

Congrats to all of you who put the hard work and dedication it takes to make these cars produce #'s as we are seeing. [cheers]

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
Race day for me was a goose egg. Sometimes a mistake combined with some bad luck.... and that happens. I entered two classes because it was two for the price of one. I was there to race Heavyweight. That class is a 4400 lb minimum with unlimited mods. I also entered the 8.50 index Super Pro class just for fun. Both are heads up pro tree classes. First round in S/P, the tree malfunctioned and I did not make a pass. Just a drive down the track. On returning to the pits, I was told to be back in staging within ten minutes to rerun it due the malfunction. At the time I was being told that... they called Heavyweight to the lanes. Heavyweight pairings are done with a chip draw and the drivers have to be there to do that. I had no choice but to withdraw from S/P or risk not making H/W. First round of H/W I was paired with Phasthemi. One of my pit crew while “helping” me stage, stepped into the pre-stage beam causing my light to go on. I thought I was pre-staged and stopped to wait on my opponent. Courtesy staging was in effect and there are rules to follow. My crew standing in the staging light was a rookie mistake and I did not know that was happening. After my opponent was staged and my crew stepped out of the way, my light went out. I was disqualified at that point and watched Phasthemi make a solo pass for the win. I was out in the first round without ever making a pass. I apologized to Simon for the circus on the starting line and told him it was not intentional. I actually didn’t know what the story was until later. This is racing. Mistakes happen, bad luck happens, and sometimes the fastest cars loose. None of this was a part of this thread and that’s why it wasn’t mentioned. I posted my times and the cars performance because that’s what this forum is about. It ran what it ran and there’s nothing misleading or dishonest about anything I posted. I spent $2000 out of pocket and over 70 hours behind the wheel towing to do do this. The goal was to further the progress with the car and have some fun. Mission accomplished on that and the rest is lessons learned. And that makes me a POS......
Mark,

Just wanted to chime in and tell you that there is nothing to be ashamed of here. It's racing and shit happens. There are only a handful of guys I'll let line me up and what happened to you is one of the reasons why.

I can certainly respect your effort, not to mention driving 2000 miles to attend. That's a serious commitment on your part, win or lose.
I've been racing with Cole for years and know him well. Sometimes his drinking gets the better of him, as was the case here. I've been known to take his phone away from him when he's had a couple ...or a dozen too many...lol Glad he decided to make things right on here when he sobered up.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #90
Mark,

Just wanted to chime in and tell you that there is nothing to be ashamed of here. It's racing and shit happens. There are only a handful of guys I'll let line me up and what happened to you is one of the reasons why.

I can certainly respect your effort, not to mention driving 2000 miles to attend. That's a serious commitment on your part, win or lose.
I've been racing with Cole for years and know him well. Sometimes his drinking gets the better of him, as was the case here. I've been known to take his phone away from him when he's had a couple ...or a dozen too many...lol Glad he decided to make things right on here when he sobered up.
Thanks I appreciate it. Hopefully Atco will still be running in November and we can make it. I think I have one more long haul in me and maybe we’ll have a rematch in Heavyweight. Who knows.... I may even get a shot at Cole in S/P. Could be close if he’s not spraying. Who would like to see that race?

Last edited:

FlyByU

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2010 Challenger SRT
ATCO should be on schedule and if its not, we have Cecil locked in for the following day. It will be a big one as it always is!!! That would be an amazing appearance if you made that one, wow.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
@HellcatFan

10sec Pass
9sec Pass
8sec Pass
Yes please! This would be awesome for the forum. Kinda like the faster you are.... the baddest banner you get. No cry babies allowed! Lol
If you get a 11-12 second pass you get a cry baby banner. Lol
Just some ideas.... lol my first pass with the new power I’m probably gonna get the cry baby banner. 😂😂😂

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yes please! This would be awesome for the forum. Kinda like the faster you are.... the baddest banner you get. No cry babies allowed! Lol
If you get a 11-12 second pass you get a cry baby banner. Lol
Just some ideas.... lol my first pass with the new power I’m probably gonna get the cry baby banner. 😂😂😂

Well and like I said, I've got zero chance of getting into the 10s, not that I'm in the 1320ft game anyway, but if I was, I'd be in the sidelines watching.

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Should we do a banner for just 8 and 9? Or 8,9,10?

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
All 3
8s 9s 10s :)
For some getting into the 10s takes a little seat time! And 10s are still a great accomplishment!

Linda :)

Last edited:

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
All the 3
8s 9s 10s :)
For some getting into the 10s takes a little seat time! And 10s are still a great accomplishment!

Linda :)
Thanks Linda

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Don't forget about Epling, 7 second banner for him and those that go 7's in the future. In addition, 6 second should be made up Grumpy and Epling are heading there.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #100
I think something like that is a nice idea. Especially for the guys who manage to get into the nines. That is actually not a easy thing to with one of these things and for a daily driver and the person driving it, it is an accomplishment.