Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

MOTORHEAD..HC's..AND OLD FAT GUYS

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #121
WTF...I've aged 5 yrs since I started this thread...Golden Corral ...Red Lobster..Choking down steaks at 4 in the afternoon...8pm bedtimes...and WTF is a Matlock...This all started with that melon head Motorhead pickin on you old guys...LOL
Sorry Motorhead...I just couldn't resist..lol

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I've been doing bands in PT, I was just trying to push harder... though you're right, maybe pushing harder isn't the approach.
I've transitioned to doing more volume than heavy lifts. You can lift something really heavy once, or lift something moderate 100 times - sure there are benefits to both. But, only one builds the kind of strength that will sustain you.

I found the volume component of this program (https://jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101078918-building-the-monolith-5-3-1-for-size) to be very daunting - no matter how long it took me I did those 100 reps of whatever. The mental wall you break through is incredible. Every journey starts with just one step, and your body will come along even if it is initially reluctant.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
You are now in command of the most precious commodity on earth...YOUR TIME...you get a finite amount...and not a minute more...and now you have the luxury to spend it as you see fit...I commend you...and envy you...you did good...
Ditto Brother, Ditto.... :)

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
There’s enough old dudes on here to start a Shriners club. Old elk lodge... lol

maybe a hellcat club?? Ohh yeah it’s called hellcat forum.org

What’s next, we meeting at Golden Corral?
Oh man... WhipperSnapper, you're on a roll.

You made me laugh so hard with that one, my teeth fell out.... damn it... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dentures.gif

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Isn't Shoney's the big thing down there in FLA?
Remember...we gotta get there before 4 pm for the early bird specials :)
Ah yes, we deserve the special treatment.

Bus tokens, Movie Discounts, Discounts or FREE food from fast food joints...

HELL yes, it's time for the old farts to claim the prize for years of abuse.... :ROFLMAO:

After all, we have paid our dues raising our kids. What a treat that was... :ROFLMAO:

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
you know! I prefer a location with open bar happy hour. But most of these guys gotta be in bed before 8pm to catch that Matlock rerun.
WhipperSnapper, you would be amazed at how much stamina us old farts have. We have been conditioned to endure a lot of pain and suffering through the years unlike the young that don't know just how good and cushy they have it nowadays.

I could show any youngster a thing or two mentally, any day of the week.... as soon as I find my bifocals. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Just messing with you guys. Waiting for someone to send me a bomb in the mail lmao
Please provide an address.

AND... Please use font size 30 or greater, so I don't have to scope it with a coke bottle... :LOL:

I want to get this right, so you get it... :LOL:

You will have to light the candle when it shows up, of course. :LOL:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Please provide an address.

AND... Please use font size 30 or greater, so I don't have to scope it with a coke bottle... :LOL:

I want to get this right, so you get it... :LOL:

You will have to light the candle when it shows up, of course. :LOL:
You know you did it right when the dog gets up & leaves the room ...............................................

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Reading the young and old stuff makes me think of a moment about five years ago. Me and at the time a 72 year old took an old friend that was 92 to lunch. He happened to be my first mentor, who hired me out of college and introduced me to my current boss (the 72 yr old at lunch and company owner who was then a subcontractor to us, we were the general contractor) the first day I worked for him. This was one whom retained his mind 110%, but lost the battle with heart failure three months later. We had to pick him up at home in between hospital visits. He looked at his two friends during lunch at his favorite old place in NE Minneapolis and said, "I am going to tell both of you something, you want to live as long as me? Then both of you need to get a lot tougher!" Damn, we both looked at each other and did not say a word. If you know the two of us, that is a very rare moment.

You whipper snappers remember that next time you think about screwing with some of us old farts.[boxface]

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #130
Reading the young and old stuff makes me think of a moment about five years ago. Me and at the time a 72 year old took an old friend that was 92 to lunch. He happened to be my first mentor, who hired me out of college and introduced me to my current boss (the 72 yr old at lunch and company owner who was then a subcontractor to us, we were the general contractor) the first day I worked for him. This was one whom retained his mind 110%, but lost the battle with heart failure three months later. We had to pick him up at home in between hospital visits. He looked at his two friends during lunch at his favorite old place in NE Minneapolis and said, "I am going to tell both of you something, you want to live as long as me? Then both of you need to get a lot tougher!" Damn, we both looked at each other and did not say a word. If you know the two of us, that is a very rare moment.

You whipper snappers remember that next time you think about screwing with some of us old farts.[boxface]
I've always said...be very careful when you pick on an old man...if he doesn't think he can beat you...he just may kill you...

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
WTF...I've aged 5 yrs since I started this thread...Golden Corral ...Red Lobster..Choking down steaks at 4 in the afternoon...8pm bedtimes...and WTF is a Matlock...This all started with that melon head Motorhead pickin on you old guys...LOL
This is us older and distinguished gentlemen paying you younger whippersnappers back. There is justice after all... lol @1971demon! 1581669704490.png

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
I've transitioned to doing more volume than heavy lifts. You can lift something really heavy once, or lift something moderate 100 times - sure there are benefits to both. But, only one builds the kind of strength that will sustain you.

I found the volume component of this program (https://jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101078918-building-the-monolith-5-3-1-for-size) to be very daunting - no matter how long it took me I did those 100 reps of whatever. The mental wall you break through is incredible. Every journey starts with just one step, and your body will come along even if it is initially reluctant.
Google my cousin, Danny Padilla, a great body builder, IBBF Hall of Fame. Still training, using the old ways. But had to slow down due to heart problems. Great genes, but Father Time catches up to all of us. You seem to be doing all the right things to keep fit, but do it in moderation & take ur rest breaks.

Last edited:

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
You know you did it right when the dog gets up & leaves the room ...............................................
dog fart.gif

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I wanted more weight on even the leg press machine last night and the prick said NO! Just work it even slower and more reps. Have to say the back does NOT hurt this morning and the legs have not felt better in oh....decades!

Here is one I have never seen before. Wrap some bands just above the knee. Then stand there and start some squats with NO weight to 90 degrees with the floor before doing some machine work;) Easy? Your ass (glutes) are not screaming? Do 15-20 slow for about three sets. THEN go perform some moderate presses on a machine even s l o w e r than you have ever done them. He is doing stuff like that with me. Worth every penny I have paid him.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I wanted more weight on even the leg press machine last night and the prick said NO! Just work it even slower and more reps. Have to say the back does NOT hurt this morning and the legs have not felt better in oh....decades!

Here is one I have never seen before. Wrap some bands just above the knee. Then stand there and start some squats with NO weight to 90 degrees with the floor before doing some machine work;) Easy? Your ass (glutes) are not screaming? Do 15-20 slow for about three sets. THEN go perform some moderate presses on a machine even s l o w e r than you have ever done them. He is doing stuff like that with me. Worth every penny I have paid him.
Dave, your PT guy is dead on. Slower and more reps will do more for your PT than more weight. I'm feeling your pain and gain. Hope you continue to improve. ;)

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Some of my best friends (clients) are older folks. Much respect...appreciate the knowledge and wisdom they share.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dave, your PT guy is dead on. Slower and more reps will do more for your PT than more weight. I'm feeling your pain and gain. Hope you continue to improve. ;)
I hope to motivate my buddies here. Sounds like a lot of us are alike. Can't say enough about how much better I feel (and maybe will look soon) after just six weeks!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Some of my best friends (clients) are older folks. Much respect...appreciate the knowledge and wisdom they share.
yeah, yeah....now get off my lawn would ya...you're gonna mess it up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

my neighbor is one of those guys who's mental about his lawn....everytime he says something to me about mine I tell him...it'll rain and grown again...don't you worry...it's just grass

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
yeah, yeah....now get off my lawn would ya...you're gonna mess it up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

my neighbor is one of those guys who's mental about his lawn....everytime he says something to me about mine I tell him...it'll rain and grown again...don't you worry...it's just grass
get f off of my lawn.gif

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #140
I hope to motivate my buddies here. Sounds like a lot of us are alike. Can't say enough about how much better I feel (and maybe will look soon) after just six weeks!
I start every year first week in march...120 day program..lotta stretching..road work..lift for flexibility..and yeah...even yoga..done in June...the summer's to short to be sweatin gruntin and groanin