Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

More merger talk. Peugeot this time.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I laughed (at myself) when I reread your post. See, I passed right over your well written edjamacated statement. LOL. But I also really meant right now.
Perfect example. Kid at work had a new WRX turbo Subaru. Hopped it up with bigger turbo and intercooler and louder exhaust. Drove it for short while. Starts going out with a girl. Shortly after car is gone and he buys a real pedestrian 4 dr basic Honda econo box. I said what happened to the WRX. He says "ahh that thing was just obnoxious". Coincidence? DK. Did she change his outlook? DK. He's 24.
Change his outlook?...hes 24...she shows him her "econo box"...she could convince him to buy a horse and buggy

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
IDK, it will take a massive upgrade in the power grid to even handle half of the nation’s cars being electric. Taking long trips where recharging takes hours, converting gas stations to charging stations .... it may all be coming, but I think we have a good while before the ICE is gone. Still a lot of obstacles to overcome before electric takes over.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
The thing that drove the auto industry for almost 80 years...passion...without it..there would be no need for new models..design changes of any kind..we would be content driving all the same car...decade after decade....when you fool with that dynamic your asking for trouble...the powers to be are not paying attention
Yes, no passion at all it seems nowadays. Most would rather have a self driving car while glued to their smart device. I sure hope that reality is not legislated someday. Passion for cars and driving is part of why we are all here together. I will continue to vote with my dollar and it won't be for electric (at least until I have no choice).

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
IDK, it will take a massive upgrade in the power grid to even handle half of the nation’s cars being electric. Taking long trips where recharging takes hours, converting gas stations to charging stations .... it may all be coming, but I think we have a good while before the ICE is gone. Still a lot of obstacles to overcome before electric takes over.
Battery limitations will definitely keep things at bay...however big block V8s (V8s in general) are probably going away irrespective. We shall see. Good point jroyk.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Not a Mercedes expert, but isn't the AMG C63 going from a V8 to a 4 cylinder in 2020? Time will tell I guess.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Very good and valid points. But the saying goes 'where there's a will there's a way', I say "if someone's making money on it they'll figure it out". The grid will get built just like gas stations. And maybe they'll standardize car batteries and have pre charged batteries at stations you clip in and out with special machines like an 18V drill or battery tech will change. Interesting topic though. Night fella's.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Night's ass,, no conditions involved. But, energy business is a messy business. I was involved in it for 37 years, not ears, and learned a lot. Mostly over the elected president energy division. Nuke, no nuke, coal, no coal,,, get the mess. Pollution with coal, cattle emissions, or put the miners out of business. I have dealt with all the energy DE or In effencies thru a many different energy policies. Some you just do not want to speak of. I have seen Billions wasted in mixing differet coals together cause a prez got pissed off at this one. Answer is??? Wom the hell knows,, but I will drive my H/C till 93 is no longer turned into 106 shine. Easy to do and cheap to make and drink. Young ens good luck. Hickster will take the last gallon of 93 with him.

Roostking

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2011 SRT 8 Challenger 392 6M
You seem to think that politicians use common sense.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
No, they have zero common sense. They just say they’re going to do things that they can’t do any time soon. (Like eliminating fossil fuels)

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
This group....

congress.gif

Has NO....

common sense.gif

:(:(:(

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Night's ass,, no conditions involved. But, energy business is a messy business. I was involved in it for 37 years, not ears, and learned a lot. Mostly over the elected president energy division. Nuke, no nuke, coal, no coal,,, get the mess. Pollution with coal, cattle emissions, or put the miners out of business. I have dealt with all the energy DE or In effencies thru a many different energy policies. Some you just do not want to speak of. I have seen Billions wasted in mixing differet coals together cause a prez got pissed off at this one. Answer is??? Wom the hell knows,, but I will drive my H/C till 93 is no longer turned into 106 shine. Easy to do and cheap to make and drink. Young ens good luck. Hickster will take the last gallon of 93 with him.
So Hickster... if I pour cherry shine into my tank.... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

cherry moonshine small.jpg

Will the exhaust note produce the sweet fart smell of warm cherry pie? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

cherry pie.gif

Don't want to waste good shine.... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Roostking

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
No, they have zero common sense. They just say they’re going to do things that they can’t do any time soon. (Like eliminating fossil fuels)
Who says they cant do it? Look at the new green (scam) deal. That is full of no common sense, but politicians are on board with it, and will implement it if they get the chance. They dont care who it hurts, as long as it satisfies the agenda.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Who says they cant do it? Look at the new green (scam) deal. That is full of no common sense, but politicians are on board with it, and will implement it if they get the chance. They dont care who it hurts, as long as it satisfies the agenda.
They can’t without causing famine and total economic collapse. (Which may be the objective.) I think we mostly agree here.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
more often than not...they will collectively do what the gentlemen in the lobby with the big suitcases tell them to do...(which would land us common folk in jail)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So Hickster... if I pour cherry shine into my tank.... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

View attachment 5918

Will the exhaust note produce the sweet fart smell of warm cherry pie? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

View attachment 5919

Don't want to waste good shine.... :LOL::LOL::LOL:
I could give you the perfect analogy...which would undoubtedly get me banned

Roostking

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
They can’t without causing famine and total economic collapse. (Which may be the objective.) I think we mostly agree here.
That is the objective. Remember Bernie praising Venezuela??

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I could give you the perfect analogy...which would undoubtedly get me banned
Oh no... don't risk banishment to TURD WORLD.... the place reserved for all forms of TURDS... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Just a few examples.... been there done that!!! :(:(:(

turd 4.gif turd 2.gif Pje.gif turd 1.gif

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Interesting, not sure how I feel about the merger. However, if it's what FCA thinks they need to survive, then I can't blame them for doing it. They can only survive on retro platforms so long and they are far behind on certain things like MPG and EVs, and Hybrids. When it comes to V8s, I buy American all the way. However, when it comes to 4 bangers, I prefer Japanese models. I've always had great luck with Japanese 4 bangers, getting great MPG, and being reliable. So hopefully FCA can incorporate some of that. I'd consider cross shopping to a Dodge or Jeep for a daily driver, but nothing they sell appeals or meets my needs. For the first time ever I bought a Hybrid. Never thought I would, but prices have come down to reasonable levels and the extra power and mpg is great! EV vehicles are harder to push because they take awhile to charge, their range, and lack of power stations. All of that will take awhile to change before people make a real big push for EV. Right now Hybrids are more of a practical thing. I drive for a work and forgetting to charge my phone is one thing. Forgetting to charge my car would basically ruin my day, and piss off my boss, lol. So a Hybrid is much more practical for me. I bought a Toyota Rav4 Hybrid 40mpg combined, with plenty of tech and space for my needs. Plus it makes more hp than just the regular gas models do. It's no Hellcat by any means, but 219hp out of a little 4 banger is pretty damn good for me. It has some good zip to it, lol, and I appreciate that for passing power.

So Hybrid DDs, or Hybrid race/track cars I see in the future, but the full EV imo has a ways to go until it's pushing out ICE completely. Until EV's or some other tech pushes out ICE, I'm going to burn dead dinosaurs in the Redeye until it's too much money or it's outlawed, lol. (Or unless E85 qualifies my Redeye as a Hybrid, lol).

IMO change doesn't happen fast. It's usually really slow, whether you see it coming or not is another story. Hybrids have been out for about 20 years now, they (As well as EVs) are getting better and better as the years go on (But so have the ICE cars too). Glad I have my Redeye though, like others I see the V8 going away and a Hybrid of sorts taking its place. I just hope I live long enough to own a hover car!

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Someday they will be talking about the Hellcat like in Mad Max.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was disappointed to find out the SC was a fake prop. Can’t remember what TV show I was watching but the guy that bought the car put an actual functioning supercharger on it.