Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

LTTR BOX Journey

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Pulled the trigger last night, anodized red looks pretty cool! Now if only all of the damn snow would melt and all of the salt wash away.

Jewelry for the undercarriage. Looks SaWeeeet.👍

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Holy crap, I was not aware of that diff! I will be keeping the OEM diff for now as this is more of a street car. I just want to maximize traction. Something I need to address is a driveshaft for the M6, but it looks like everyone has issues with the single piece driveshafts. I am having a hard time imagining dropping $3K+ on a Mark Williams 2 piece!!!
No issues so far with my Wiles 4” aluminum 1 piece ds. Minimal interference issues with my Barton shifted M6 either. Highly recommended, although I have not got the car into triple digits since installation 2 months ago. NY hibernation ‘ya know. 🤬
955008ED-3D94-4D50-AC1C-1075B12D368D.jpeg

OP
greasy

greasy

Member ID
Reactions
City
HOFFMAN ESTATES
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #63
Jewelry for the undercarriage. Looks SaWeeeet.👍
Thanks Jeff!

No issues so far with my Wiles 4” aluminum 1 piece ds. Minimal interference issues with my Barton shifted M6 either. Highly recommended, although I have not got the car into triple digits since installation 2 months ago. NY hibernation ‘ya know. 🤬
View attachment 38327
I will definitely be checking out Wiles, also going to see if I can convince the local driveshaft shop near me to make a custom 2 piece.

Also why in the hell was I under the impression you were in the South suburbs of IL? Did you recently move? I thought this was you on here, but your location was fucking me up :LOL:

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Thanks Jeff!

I will definitely be checking out Wiles, also going to see if I can convince the local driveshaft shop near me to make a custom 2 piece.

Also why in the hell was I under the impression you were in the South suburbs of IL? Did you recently move? I thought this was you on here, but your location was fucking me up :LOL:
Ralph was interested in making a 2 piece last time we talked, in the fall, however he wasn't satisfied with the carrier bearing he had engineered. Reach out to him though, maybe he’s made some progress?
Always lived in LI, NY, btw, but can’t wait to get out as the politics and expense is killing me slowly but surely.

OP
greasy

greasy

Member ID
Reactions
City
HOFFMAN ESTATES
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #65
Ralph was interested in making a 2 piece last time we talked, in the fall, however he wasn't satisfied with the carrier bearing he had engineered. Reach out to him though, maybe he’s made some progress?
Always lived in LI, NY, btw, but can’t wait to get out as the politics and expense is killing me slowly but surely.
Ok now I feel stupid :LOL: There is a guy on a Chicago based car forum with the same looking/color Challenger with a Wiles 4" posting on the Chicago forum around the same time you responded here. He also has a 4" Wiles so I was assuming incorrectly that it was you. My bad!

I will be reaching out to Ralph, but glad to hear you are not having issues with the 4"!

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Couldn't handle the gap anymore so I got to installing the Eibachs for the the much needed drop. Started working later in the evening, but got the car done. Left the rear isolators out on the top and just covered the top coil in some 5/8" heater hose for that little bit extra drop. Might need to change that later down the road.......more to follow.

Fkg Beautiful Challenger!!!!

OP
greasy

greasy

Member ID
Reactions
City
HOFFMAN ESTATES
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #67
OP
greasy

greasy

Member ID
Reactions
City
HOFFMAN ESTATES
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #68
Tires are mounted on the new wheels and did a test fit on the car this afternoon. Looks Mean!!! Don't mind how filthy the car is, I couldn't hep but take it out on Saturday because it was in the 50's, but there was a lot of snow melting.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Looks good. How did feel driving? Moar better😁

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Noice.

OP
greasy

greasy

Member ID
Reactions
City
HOFFMAN ESTATES
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #71
Looks good. How did feel driving? Moar better😁
Thanks Jeff!

Not sure on the drive yet, just test fit in the garage on one side of the car. I bolted the fronts up first and then did the rears. Wasn’t sure if the rears would fit without shortened sway bar end links or with how low the rear sits. The sway bar is nowhere close to touching the wheel, but the rear of the car may need to come up a tad once I install the AAD stuff/get the camber/toe properly set.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Congrats on the car. You have been one busy guy.

OP
greasy

greasy

Member ID
Reactions
City
HOFFMAN ESTATES
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #73
Congrats on the car. You have been one busy guy.
Thanks Mark! It is a work in progress for sure, absolutely LOVE these cars.