Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Live action from FUMANCHU182.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My Tazer switches from my Custom mode to street traction. (Possibly street mode).
It only does it if I use the line lock. It also doesn't always switch immediately. It switched on me while staging and that's when I unplugged the damn thing.
When it switches I just press another mode then back to my Custom mode.

If I remember this started with the update that allowed you to set a Challenger up with easy entry/exit

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm going to test mine this week and see what it does.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
All the hard work and perseverance paid off!
Congrats...looks like you will be deep into the 9's now...

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
My Tazer switches from my Custom mode to street traction. (Possibly street mode).
It only does it if I use the line lock. It also doesn't always switch immediately. It switched on me while staging and that's when I unplugged the damn thing.
When it switches I just press another mode then back to my Custom mode.

If I remember this started with the update that allowed you to set a Challenger up with easy entry/exit
Yes, same here, it only changes when I used the line lock, that's way I don't use it anymore just to make sure my settings don't change b4 a pass.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #285
Mine has switched it this year also after putting it in the trunk. Next outings going to put back under the dash. Never had an issue with it under the dash
I'm going to test mine this week and see what it does.
Yes, same here, it only changes when I used the line lock, that's way I don't use it anymore just to make sure my settings don't change b4 a pass.
So what I'm hearing is that I should get back into my CANBUS programming and build race modules that Tazer but aren't a Tazer. ✔

Congrats !!!
Finally the work pays off.👍
Yes finally! Long time coming... 👀

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I love the line lock option so I will keep using it

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
It's nice to be in Love :LOL:

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #288
She is dialed in. The 60’ was the plan for tonight. I love pro tree. They were running a .500 tonight. Last run had a great 60ft. Track was sticky! So sticky a drive shaft came out and hit a guy. ;(

8FC153B0-2808-4FD8-99D1-BB21C6F8AD38.jpeg

057310EF-1AF3-45A9-8569-1E571B5865FE.jpeg
8F761F96-6A78-4DDD-B498-D5D04ED08D10.jpeg
I think Im on point to be a 10.00 car for the mhsh. Ill put the seat back in or add gas 🤣

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Man your local track is really prolly getting to know you. Every weekend it seems like. Good work. Have to feel good to pull out so many 9 second passes.
If 9s were easy everyone would be doing it.
Have you put any thoughts on what you’d have to do to run 8s? I have. I need a short block 😂

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #290
Man your local track is really prolly getting to know you. Every weekend it seems like. Good work. Have to feel good to pull out so many 9 second passes.
If 9s were easy everyone would be doing it.
Have you put any thoughts on what you’d have to do to run 8s? I have. I need a short block 😂
I have 1300-IDX arriving next week Cat oos going onto E85. Interchiller should be here next week as well. A 3.09 has been sourced and is on the way as well (demon one). Maybe a cam/converter or some suspension work. I’ve been talking with the track owners on the daily. They support me as I support them for re-opening an abandoned track. They are great guys and next season is going to be great for them.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Now you Got It
Thats a great 60.
Are you running MS109? Or What?
Linda :)

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
You know, I'm almost wondering if your track has the 1/4 mile timer off a couple feet. Those are really good 60' and the MPH as well. That would be a high 9.7x in my car at my local track. My 1/8 mile times are a hair better, but all this time it could have been where those timers were set.

P.S. You can't tease me about my pro tree RT anymore though LOL

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
She is dialed in. The 60’ was the plan for tonight. I love pro tree. They were running a .500 tonight. Last run had a great 60ft. Track was sticky! So sticky a drive shaft came out and hit a guy. ;(

View attachment 55281

View attachment 55280
View attachment 55279
I think Im on point to be a 10.00 car for the mhsh. Ill put the seat back in or add gas 🤣
Congrats, she is rollin now, I was at HRP today for MSHS / Lone Star Mopar Fest & was in the Finals in the 10.0 index class, I lost to a lot faster car that was letting off at the end but I almost pushed him out the back door, it was close.
I'm going to post a thread tomorrow.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
You know, I'm almost wondering if your track has the 1/4 mile timer off a couple feet. Those are really good 60' and the MPH as well. That would be a high 9.7x in my car at my local track. My 1/8 mile times are a hair better, but all this time it could have been where those timers were set.

Hard to say. Remember we had almost identical time slips and I had 1mph more and you went 2 tenths faster.
I wish had that log still to know but I’m sure there was knock. For whatever reason In the log I double clicked record and didn’t notice so I didn’t get the pass.
regardless he is moving with that mph.
But I do agree with that 60ft and mph his et should be better

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #295
Now you Got It
Thats a great 60.
Are you running MS109? Or What?
Linda :)
Thank you!

Hahaha, yes I can, I usually cut .1 on the pro tree. Anyway the logs never lie. I think I'm hitting torque management issues finally. I am doing a deeper dive but right now in the logs either the ETC A/B kicked in and said you are making way to much torque, close TB or I banged off the rev limiter, which not going to lie, it felt like it was falling over from 1-2, just not a hard shift. I am going to do a deep dive in the current revision and see what I have set for those limits. If the OSS speed is not set high enough, I'm going to raise it a smidge to move it out of the way and Torque MGMT be damned!

Congrats, she is rollin now, I was at HRP today for MSHS / Lone Star Mopar Fest & was in the Finals in the 10.0 index class, I lost to a lot faster car that was letting off at the end but I almost pushed him out the back door, it was close.
I'm going to post a thread tomorrow.
Man I can't wait to see, that's awesome!

Hard to say. Remember we had almost identical time slips and I had 1mph more and you went 2 tenths faster.
I wish had that log still to know but I’m sure there was knock. For whatever reason In the log I double clicked record and didn’t notice so I didn’t get the pass.
regardless he is moving with that mph.
But I do agree with that 60ft and mph his et should be better
I saw in my logs that the TB closed from the 1-2 shift. Either I banged the rev limiter (most likely) or the Torque MGMT kicked in. I'm doing a dive tonight in the log/tunes. I'll report back soon.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I had to play with the rev limit and 1-2 shift point on mine to dial it in. Commanded shift of 6400rpm doesn't always equal 6400. Things are happening real fast on the 1-2

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #297
I had to play with the rev limit and 1-2 shift point on mine to dial it in. Commanded shift of 6400rpm doesn't always equal 6400. Things are happening real fast on the 1-2
I evaluated logs from 10/1 and 10/8. 10/1 was the first time I was in the 9's and I didn't review the logs till today (bad on me). It looks like for all the runs I met some sort of limiter in the first to second gear shift. I have attached all six logs to the post just in case someone else wants to look at them. So I can't tell if Torque Management (TM) was at play or if the car closed the throttle body to help make the shift happen. Here's some data from the logs.
  • 10/1, run 1, 1->2 shift: 6829
  • 10/1, run 2, 1->2 shift: 6882
  • 10/1, run 3, 1->2 shift: 6576
  • 10/8, run 1, 1->2 shift: 6878
  • 10/8, run 2, 1->2 shift: 6787
  • 10/8, run 3, 1->2 shift: 6764
The OSS/RPM shift schedule is set to 6594 (engine rpm) for the 1->2 shift in all of the aggression patterns that matter to me. Although scheduled shift vs when a shift occurs is another thing like you said @Speedy!, so for the next plan of changes to my tune I have th following in mind:

Engine side:
Update Maximum Flywheel Torque by 10% across the board. These numbers have been updated from stock but I think they are conservative.
TM Disable Electronic Throttle Cut A/B

Transmission side:
Moderately adjust the Main Torque Intervention tables and adjust all negative values by -25%. This is probably the safest on the Hellcat HP90. Do it all for Normal, Perf, Sport, Max.
Adjust the Max Torque Limit table to match the Gear Max Torque Limit Normal, right now they do not match and the latter table has a higher value (which I will be keeping).
Adjust the shift pressures slightly, +3% in the oncoming clutch ramp tables.

I don't know if increasing the WOT shift points will help, I think having a little more pressure to make the shifts at WOT would help more than raising the shift points. Does anyone know what is the highest safest shift point in a HP90 to date?

Attachments

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I evaluated logs from 10/1 and 10/8. 10/1 was the first time I was in the 9's and I didn't review the logs till today (bad on me). It looks like for all the runs I met some sort of limiter in the first to second gear shift. I have attached all six logs to the post just in case someone else wants to look at them. So I can't tell if Torque Management (TM) was at play or if the car closed the throttle body to help make the shift happen. Here's some data from the logs.
  • 10/1, run 1, 1->2 shift: 6829
  • 10/1, run 2, 1->2 shift: 6882
  • 10/1, run 3, 1->2 shift: 6576
  • 10/8, run 1, 1->2 shift: 6878
  • 10/8, run 2, 1->2 shift: 6787
  • 10/8, run 3, 1->2 shift: 6764
The OSS/RPM shift schedule is set to 6594 (engine rpm) for the 1->2 shift in all of the aggression patterns that matter to me. Although scheduled shift vs when a shift occurs is another thing like you said @Speedy!, so for the next plan of changes to my tune I have th following in mind:

Engine side:
Update Maximum Flywheel Torque by 10% across the board. These numbers have been updated from stock but I think they are conservative.
TM Disable Electronic Throttle Cut A/B

Transmission side:
Moderately adjust the Main Torque Intervention tables and adjust all negative values by -25%. This is probably the safest on the Hellcat HP90. Do it all for Normal, Perf, Sport, Max.
Adjust the Max Torque Limit table to match the Gear Max Torque Limit Normal, right now they do not match and the latter table has a higher value (which I will be keeping).
Adjust the shift pressures slightly, +3% in the oncoming clutch ramp tables.

I don't know if increasing the WOT shift points will help, I think having a little more pressure to make the shifts at WOT would help more than raising the shift points. Does anyone know what is the highest safest shift point in a HP90 to date?
IMHO, those shifts are perty high.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Took a peek at your logs. You're 100% hitting the rev limiter on the 1-2. Take a look at the PID "Throttle Torque Source" in your logs and you'll see it change from "pedal" which is normal to "rpm limit" above 6800 RPM. I personally wouldn't shift it that high.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Took a peek at your logs. You're 100% hitting the rev limiter on the 1-2. Take a look at the PID "Throttle Torque Source" in your logs and you'll see it change from "pedal" which is normal to "rpm limit" above 6800 RPM. I personally wouldn't shift it that high.
That's what I said too. Your speaking from experience.

Trying to get every .01 is not worth a engine, at lease to me.