Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Live action from FUMANCHU182.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Yes but that’s the pb I’m getting older and slower by the day.
I know what you mean. But you should wait on that perfect day in the Fall & go get that 9.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I know what you mean. But you should wait on that perfect day in the Fall & go get that 9.
I plan to but now in a Super Stock 😂

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
So the 9s still elude me, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The most recent revision has timing in it, we resolved all fueling issues with the dual pumps and it's go time! The car actually made me hold on each time as I had to steer it. I also did a lot better than I thought. I felt as if I was leaving at 3k rpm only cause I couldn't tell but after reviewing the logs I left at the following RPM: 1001, 1352, 685, 1506 and 1455. The 685 was me just seeing how it felt launching from idle. Here is the data from the day:

View attachment 51092

Friends with similar cars said my car is pushing those numbers, in high humidity with heat, the fall weather is going to make the car really wake up. Sending logs to tuner and hopefully I'll have some videos up tomorrow. Was really more testing the new tune and fudged some videos... time for beer.
Still good passes, & yes your right, with some negative DA, you'll be in the 9's easy.

So on your first pass, best pass 10.18, that was the 1001 rpm launch ?
wonder if that was result of the rpm or if that pass was the most cool down pass & DA.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #184
Still good passes, & yes your right, with some negative DA, you'll be in the 9's easy.

So on your first pass, best pass 10.18, that was the 1001 rpm launch ?
wonder if that was result of the rpm or if that pass was the most cool down pass & DA.
Empirically the 60' was better, da was lower and temperature as well. I also have another theory, I've been taking the Tuning School ZF course and I have a theory on the TCM as it gets hotter, the torque holes (period of oncoming clutch vs offgoing clutch -> this is the rpm drop till the next clutch engages) was longer. Here is a side by side comparison, run 1 on left, run 2 on right.

1628478242496.png

The 1-2 shift had a quick recovery time and that could have helped a lot saw, 13.5* of spark on the recovery as opposed to 12.0 on the second run. Which means the spark modifier tables came into play for temperature. The ZF transmission is a fickle beast but I'm wrapping my head around it, even more so than the stupid 6.2 HEMI with tables upon tables and models upon models. The ZF tuning theory is simple: decrease "torque hole" width and you can shave measurable time off. Maybe one day I'll tune my trans... Till then I leave it to my tuning wizard.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Empirically the 60' was better, da was lower and temperature as well. I also have another theory, I've been taking the Tuning School ZF course and I have a theory on the TCM as it gets hotter, the torque holes (period of oncoming clutch vs offgoing clutch -> this is the rpm drop till the next clutch engages) was longer. Here is a side by side comparison, run 1 on left, run 2 on right.

View attachment 51138

The 1-2 shift had a quick recovery time and that could have helped a lot saw, 13.5* of spark on the recovery as opposed to 12.0 on the second run. Which means the spark modifier tables came into play for temperature. The ZF transmission is a fickle beast but I'm wrapping my head around it, even more so than the stupid 6.2 HEMI with tables upon tables and models upon models. The ZF tuning theory is simple: decrease "torque hole" width and you can shave measurable time off. Maybe one day I'll tune my trans... Till then I leave it to my tuning wizard.
I'm no tuner or can read data logs but it makes sense to me from what you said about torque holes at the shift points & trans being too hot.
I've noticed that when I end up having to idle too long (with chiller) waiting to make a pass, my ET's aren't as good. I think the trans is too hot when that happens. That's what happen on my 10.20 pass, idled too long b4 pass. I was expecting to do better than the 10.17 or the 10.18 but it went a little slower.
I know you'll figure it out with the tuning side of it.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Log IAT advance and ECT advance to see spark being pulled for temps.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #187
Log IAT advance and ECT advance to see spark being pulled for temps.
Good call, thanks to the way I log for OST already had that data, added it to the charts and it tells more of the story. At the start the IAT dropped -3.0* then recovered to 0. As temperature rose on ACT, IAT spark went from 0 to -2.5* of spark on the top end. ECT didn't modify Coolant Advance at all. Attached logs. Fastest pass (run 1) vs slowest pass (run 5). The temperatures were definitely in play with how the car ran.

Attachments

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yep, the IAT is getting on up there at 160. I'd see about perhaps having the IC pump speed increased if it's not already in the race tune setup.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #189
Video of the crash from last night. I was in the lanes right behind the guys. It was nutty. Having a cage was on my mind if I ever went 9s, now it will be mandatory after watching the carnage from last night.

Pics from a friend.
1630776570828.png

1630776584719.png

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Was the guy ok ?...What happen ?....did it blow & got in his own oil ?... doesn't surprise me that it's a mustang.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #191
Was the guy ok ?...What happen ?....did it blow & got in his own oil ?... doesn't surprise me that it's a mustang.
His wheels were up I think for the length of the run and when it came down, veered to the right.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Oooops,,,, dead stang. Legs up. 5.0 gone.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #193
New video is up, still in potato vision so might wanna wait a bit:

Data for the night:
1630814615103.png

I set a PB across many of the checks on the list but disappointed once again no 9s pass. Some serious timing was being pulled in passes one, two and four.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Nice camera, do you have another you can just watch the exhaust with? That would be important to see especially with the timing pulling thing going on. Was tour IAT’s super hot again? What the difference from tune with no STKR to the tune giving you the STKR timing pull?
I Can’t review your logs at the moment at Animal hospital with the pup, just waiting outside for news, bowl obstruction 🤞🙏 she’s ok
B9014F60-D0D8-4313-B719-715ABB9EDFD3.jpeg 03B44E80-F41E-4661-9140-05BA7F5CD9FD.jpeg

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Nice camera, do you have another you can just watch the exhaust with? That would be important to see especially with the timing pulling thing going on. Was tour IAT’s super hot again? What the difference from tune with no STKR to the tune giving you the STKR timing pull?
I Can’t review your logs at the moment at Animal hospital with the pup, just waiting outside for news, bowl obstruction 🤞🙏 she’s ok
View attachment 52883 View attachment 52884
Now you know why your short a few nuts on rebuild every time. She may have just eaten some dirt in the yard and has an impaction. I know someone who had a small Yorkie that did that and that was it. Hope she didn't get into something in the garage. Good luck with her!

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #196
View attachment 52883 View attachment 52884
Well more importantly hope the puppers is okay, seems like a very cute snuggle buddy compared to my 120lb bed hog. I can review all the footage as it is a 360 camera and see if any black puffs come out in the runs (technology is fun). These runs are from Friday night when the timing was wonky, I think you have seen logs one and two, I am attaching all of them in this thread to keep things sort of neat. Only shit on the other thread cause I was frustrated to hell at the track and Wi-Fi was spotty.

So in the tune from runs 1 & 2 the spark table was modified and timing was added, in HP Tuners it had this as a difference (lets call this R8):

1630855853616.png

In run 3 I reverted back to the previous revision (R7) which didn't have the added timing above. Then on run 4 I added a small bit of timing back in, about 50% to R8:

1630856132797.png

For fuel mixture I run 1/4 93 then Mix in 1/4 Sunoco GT Plus 260 (104). I think the 93 I had that week was Sunoco, maybe I should switch back to BP.

Attachments

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
THANK YOU on the pup front, yea she’s our little snuggle bug, only about 9 months old, we found out she was born on Christmas Eve about the same time we were putting the one she replace down about 10 pm this past Christmas Eve, so she’s beyond special too us. Just got a call from the Hospital, sounds like it was just a huge poop ball stuck in her butt, think of baseball size to us. X-rays clear of any intestinal blocks, hopefully releasing her this afternoon. Poor little baby.

On the camera thing, best view is being able to see the exhaust tips and about 3ft behind them, detonation puff balls aren’t big and dissipate quick, there mostly ash and carbon that getting shocked loose off the piston tops, combustion chamber, exhaust valves and track, around the valve pocket, their best seen from a chase car or track observer or video from behind as their not really smoke.

O, I know what you mean by 120 lb bed hog, we had a huge shep long ago, put him down on 9/11 18 years ago:( in a few days, wedding anniversary today, really didn’t need another bad memory at the moment.
RIP old buddy, miss you still
image.jpg

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Glad the pup is doing well.
The good news of the day.👍

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well $700 later and the stuck poop ball has been dislodged, poor pup lol
On our way home.
Diagnosis, “dietary indiscretion sphincter blockage” nice lol I guess that means her butt isn’t as big as her mouth lol
98DD6596-80CB-4224-8BE0-8D7756595B48.jpeg D36ABF7C-F47B-4FCE-A2FF-0C00182D9A3C.jpeg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I have that problem 3 days a week. Call me next time and I willl give you the name of the stool softner that works. Other than an enama. BEER TIME??? Quit pup. Going to visit my cat today. Laurie has had him now for 8 months Since the hospital situa tion poooped up. Keep up the learning curv. Interesting.