Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Let’s talk inflated Dyno numbers

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Twin 76s can make that power. Not saying that car does, but it has the air to do it.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Twin 76s can make that power. Not saying that car does, but it has the air to do it.
Through a restrictive, non gutted 2.4?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
It better make that power, it will need all of it to haul that huge pile of gay plastic bolted to the car. Then there is the wheels---WTF is wrong with people. If you want a Honda, just buy a lame ass Honda and own up to your automotive choices. Judging by the looks of the car I bet the 2 red things under the hood are his twin turbos.
As I was saying
The Honda crowd "grew up"
I remember seeing guys in their mid 20s to 30 back in the day with these riced up cars.

Now you can get cars with color matched HVAC vents and giant wings from the factory etc. The people buying them are the same ones who did that shit in the late 90s to early 2000s.

The guy probably always wanted his "hot hatch import" but either couldn't afford it back then or wants to recapture his youth.
But imports are not the hot cars they were 20 years ago. Now its modern muscle cars.

This car will never be raced. Its a show car and he will probably have a very long list of "mods" on a board in front of it.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
As I was saying
The Honda crowd "grew up"
I remember seeing guys in their mid 20s to 30 back in the day with these riced up cars.

Now you can get cars with color matched HVAC vents and giant wings from the factory etc. The people buying them are the same ones who did that shit in the late 90s to early 2000s.

The guy probably always wanted his "hot hatch import" but either couldn't afford it back then or wants to recapture his youth.
But imports are not the hot cars they were 20 years ago. Now its modern muscle cars.

This car will never be raced. Its a show car and he will probably have a very long list of "mods" on a board in front of it.
Great point.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Advance timing enough and you can go to the Moon...

But how many times?

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Advance timing enough and you can go to the Moon...

But how many times?
Actually not 100 percent true. You hit a point where lets say 18 to 20 degrees is 25hp. 24 to 26 degrees may only be 5hp or maybe even a loss of hp. There is usually a window of where timing makes significant differences. To get the numbers posted it would take a significant amount of airflow and or nitrous. When I see mid 8 second cars dynoing in the 1200 range makes me wonder where 500 more hp is coming from and they should be well into the 7s.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Actually not 100 percent true. You hit a point where lets say 18 to 20 degrees is 25hp. 24 to 26 degrees may only be 5hp or maybe even a loss of hp. There is usually a window of where timing makes significant differences. To get the numbers posted it would take a significant amount of airflow and or nitrous. When I see mid 8 second cars dynoing in the 1200 range makes me wonder where 500 more hp is coming from and they should be well into the 7s.

1689876981460.png

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Damn it, that was funny, you all should be laughing...

Ready?

...laugh...

Good job...

:cool:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
"my car made 1000hp on the dyno but barely and spun in the process. yet runs high 8's at 155."

Yep. And it's what makes the D170 numbers so impressive...esp at 4300lbs before a driver...

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Through a restrictive, non gutted 2.4?
I don’t see why not. That 2.4 could be getting 20lbs of atmosphere at the snout, it’ll compress it from there and make a few more.
Several GT500s making 1500+ with compound boost.

OP
Hatermkr

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Thread Starter #31
I don’t see why not. That 2.4 could be getting 20lbs of atmosphere at the snout, it’ll compress it from there and make a few more.
Several GT500s making 1500+ with compound boost.
Gt500 has a 4 cam with way better heads

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Damn it, that was funny, you all should be laughing...

Ready?

...laugh...

Good job...

:cool:
raw.gif

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Gt500 has a 4 cam with way better heads
So what’s the debate here? That it can’t make power with compound boost or that the heads don’t flow like Ford’s?
I started with “those turbos can make the steam, not sure if the car does”.
Then I was addressing the 2.4L potential of the IHI blower being less of a concern when it’s fed positive pressure by pointing out other examples of compound boost working on other platforms (they simply have more data than us).
I suppose I could say that the GENIII HEMI heads are capable of flowing enough air for that power too? That’s out of my reach… with enough pressure you can overcome a lot of limitations with heads/cam specs that are “small”.

OP
Hatermkr

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Thread Starter #34
So what’s the debate here? That it can’t make power with compound boost or that the heads don’t flow like Ford’s?
I started with “those turbos can make the steam, not sure if the car does”.
Then I was addressing the 2.4L potential of the IHI blower being less of a concern when it’s fed positive pressure by pointing out other examples of compound boost working on other platforms (they simply have more data than us).
I suppose I could say that the GENIII HEMI heads are capable of flowing enough air for that power too? That’s out of my reach… with enough pressure you can overcome a lot of limitations with heads/cam specs that are “small”.
2 76mm will flow more air than the supercharger can use

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2 76mm will flow more air than the supercharger can use
If the inlet is pressurized the supercharger flows more air than at atmosphere, no?
Similar to sequential turbos on a diesel, the LARGE atmosphere turbo is in front of the small turbo. The small turbo compresses whatever it receives, Brit atmospheric or pressurized.

OP
Hatermkr

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Thread Starter #36
If the inlet is pressurized the supercharger flows more air than at atmosphere, no?
Similar to sequential turbos on a diesel, the LARGE atmosphere turbo is in front of the small turbo. The small turbo compresses whatever it receives, Brit atmospheric or pressurized.
If that’s what you think have at it

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
The best part is that its a compounded boost set up...... find that really hard to swallow. I dont find the 1700 whp with twin 76's hard to swallow they can surely make more than that......

I was gonna TT my Redeye and put the 4l80 in it with twin 72's and go with a Fueltech but have since changed my mind. How is he controlling the 4l80 cause the stock ECU isnt doing that? I looked at the Quick6 4l80 controller they sell maybe thats what they opted for.

View attachment 110689

No way this is possible.
My car has a built 426 with a 3.8 whipple making 26 psi. This car is almost 500 more than mine. Why lie lol

Jon’s car made 200 plus just letting the car shift from 6 to 7th gear on the Dyno.

if people will lie about a dyno number what else will they ?

Last edited:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
You don't need a computer to run a 4l80.
They can be made to be a manual operation. They are really just a turbo400 with an overdrive gear.

Will the stock Hellcat ECU allow for tuning to make 1700hp is my question

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Im aware of that im referring to using it in auto mode. Id just buy a TH400 otherwise. Satera has some high HP TT Hellcats and they still use the stock ECU.

I wanted to have a flex fuel setup but was told I cant do that with 2150 injectors so I lost interest in that idea but now im moving somewhere that has E85 everywhere so the flexfuel thing doesnt mean much to me anymore.

Im gonna opt for a Fueltech on my Turbo Mustang tho so I can have rolling anti-lag. Unfortunately I have an S197 and they dont make a setup for that. They do the S550 tho but I want the benifits of anti-lag and traction control. But shit its REALLY expensive cause custom harnesses all have to be made but im considering it.

You don't need a computer to run a 4l80.
They can be made to be a manual operation. They are really just a turbo400 with an overdrive gear.

Will the stock Hellcat ECU allow for tuning to make 1700hp is my question

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
My understanding was Fuel Tech is fairly universal.
You just need to wire it to your specific car. If they don't have a harness, make it yourself