Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Laguna Seca Being Sued For Being A Racetrack

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm actually shocked it took so long for this to happen. Back when I had my Repsol 1000RR I used to fly out to Monterey for the MOTOGP race at Laguna Seca. That was 20 years ago and mansions were being built around the track back then. Kills me that people can buy property around a race track then complain about the race track. I hope they lose.

Me and Nicky Hayden at the Respol hospitality area, RIP Nicky.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
There’s one place in the country that can allow and support race tracks into the future and that is…… Las Vegas. North of Vegas where the Motor Speedway is (NASCAR and the Dragstrip) they are building hundreds of shipping warehouses. The unbelievably huge trucking delivery centers where a hundred semis are backed up to the building. There are no houses nor ever will be out there. The Air force flys training missions out of Nellis right next to the Motor Speedway. The thunder in that valley is nonstop. That’s why they built that there. God bless the Air Force 😊. I doubt there is a bigger shipping center in the country now. If there is, it won’t be for long because they are building those mile square monster buildings as fast as they can tilt them up.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
There’s one place in the country that can allow and support race tracks into the future and that is…… Las Vegas. North of Vegas where the Motor Speedway is (NASCAR and the Dragstrip) they are building hundreds of shipping warehouses. The unbelievably huge trucking delivery centers where a hundred semis are backed up to the building. There are no houses nor ever will be out there. The Air force flys training missions out of Nellis right next to the Motor Speedway. The thunder in that valley is nonstop. That’s why they built that there. God bless the Air Force 😊. I doubt there is a bigger shipping center in the country now. If there is, it won’t be for long because they are building those mile square monster buildings as fast as they can tilt them up.
Are those being built because of the laws in California regarding tractor trailers?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Are those being built because of the laws in California regarding tractor trailers?
Don’t know. Could be. The land out there in the nothingness north of Vegas. For a while now I’ve seen the new freeways and interchanges going in that said something big was planned. I was saying wtf do they need an eight lane freeway out here for? It’s on I-15 that runs right into California about 50 miles south.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
Don’t know. Could be. The land out there in the nothingness north of Vegas. For a while now I’ve seen the new freeways and interchanges going in that said something big was planned. I was saying wtf do they need an eight lane freeway out here for? It’s on I-15 that runs right into California about 50 miles south.
Sounds like that might be a possibility?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Picture an Amazon distribution center. Now picture 100 of those and counting.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
Picture an Amazon distribution center. Now picture 100 of those and counting.
This shit is popping up all over. I've seen quite a few being built in the middle of nowhere except there's a highway intersection.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
The good things are…. I get 1day Amazon delivery and…. There’s no country club neighborhoods to shut down the race tracks! The bad thing… there are trucks. Sooo many trucks 😵‍💫

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
The good things are…. I get 1day Amazon delivery and…. There’s no country club neighborhoods to shut down the race tracks! The bad thing… there are trucks. Sooo many trucks 😵‍💫
We can hear I95 when the wind blows from the east.

Last edited:

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I don't like to support globalists. Just my preference.
I understand. My "preference" too. I don't support China either and will buy American when I can, but half of everything I have came from that fkn place.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Not a surprise, there has been considerable bitching about the noise for years now & I can remember the track implementing 'noise restrictions' on the race cars. Does suck that the surrounding properties can be developed, ppl move in KNOWING the track is there, but then get their way bitching about it & forcing them out. Politicians are all too compliant as dense subdivisions generate more tax $$ than a track :mad: As usual, forget what's 'right' and follow the $$.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
I understand. My "preference" too. I don't support China either and will buy American when I can, but half of everything I have came from that fkn place.
People bitch about our Toyota Tundra. Its the highest percentage of American parts and labor of trucks sold today. The Honda truck is #1.
What does this tell you about the "American" manufacturers?

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #14
Not a surprise, there has been considerable bitching about the noise for years now & I can remember the track implementing 'noise restrictions' on the race cars. Does suck that the surrounding properties can be developed, ppl move in KNOWING the track is there, but then get their way bitching about it & forcing them out. Politicians are all too compliant as dense subdivisions generate more tax $$ than a track :mad: As usual, forget what's 'right' and follow the $$.
I remember watching Roadkill where they were black flagged and I think thrown out because they were too loud.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
We can hear I95 when the wind blows from the east.
Complaining about the noise won’t get I-95 shut down but it would if it was a race track…and noise barriers don’t work.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #16
Complaining about the noise won’t get I-95 shut down but it would if it was a race track…and noise barriers don’t work.
Why would I complain when I knew that when we moved in? We hang out back where we don't hear it.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Why would I complain when I knew that when we moved in? We hang out back where we don't hear it.
A lot of people know about the highway noise when they buy a house close to a highway but that won’t stop them from complaining when they realize how it affects them. However, I wasn’t talking about you personally but talking about anyone not happy with the traffic noise. They are not going to effect a change unless there are big extenuating circumstances. Not the same with local race tracks. Seems like there is always an exception to being grandfathered in when it comes to race tracks.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #18
A lot of people know about the highway noise when they buy a house close to a highway but that won’t stop them from complaining when they realize how it affects them. However, I wasn’t talking about you personally but talking about anyone not happy with the traffic noise. They are not going to effect a change unless there are big extenuating circumstances. Not the same with local race tracks. Seems like there is always an exception to being grandfathered in when it comes to race tracks.
I'm just stating that you need to do your due diligence. It's your fault if you don't.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Plymouth
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
California at it again...