Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Keep an eye out for this upgrade to your 6.2, tuning w/o voiding warranty... WTF!

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
I do not have that feeling about my dealer who has bolted on two replacement superchargers and replaced a block, an oil cooling system and exhaust. It runs much better now and am looking forward to that man upgrading mine. He can handle a pulley, thermostat and software upgrade.
DGatzby's "Project Hellcat Upgrade" spittoon-equipped/cigar-smoking/whiskey-drinking Bed and Breakfast soon to open in upper Midwest, near trusted Dodge dealership. Discounts for those willing to shovel snow.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
DGatzby's "Project Hellcat Upgrade" spittoon-equipped/cigar-smoking/whiskey-drinking Bed and Breakfast soon to open in upper Midwest, near trusted Dodge dealership. Discounts for those willing to shovel snow.
Ha, good idea, but without wicked snow tires we are going to be disappointed at any performance gains until sometime in March! I want to read about all our fellow drag racers who upgrade and tell us how good it is soon.

Dodge is good, but introducing these upgrades when about 30% or more of us have parked the cars for the winter has some of us scratching our heads. It may be a cold dark winter worse than the 2014-2015 winter when we were in VON hell waiting on Hellcat allocations to come true.

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
Ha, good idea, but without wicked snow tires we are going to be disappointed at any performance gains until sometime in March! I want to read about all our fellow drag racers who upgrade and tell us how good it is soon.

Dodge is good, but introducing these upgrades when about 30% or more of us have parked the cars for the winter has some of us scratching our heads. It may be a cold dark winter worse than the 2014-2015 winter when we were in VON hell waiting on Hellcat allocations to come true.
Maybe they put this out going into winter so we can obsess over wanting it? You know, cancel unimportant things like 30 year wedding anniversary vacations to Hawaii so we can buy the tune in spring.

1637186396916.png
These spikey snow tires look pretty cool.
1637186127673.png

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Maybe they put this out going into winter so we can obsess over wanting it? You know, cancel unimportant things like 30 year wedding anniversary vacations to Hawaii so we can buy the tune in spring.

View attachment 57926
These spikey snow tires look pretty cool.
View attachment 57924
Get some. My buddy who lives up by Brainerd has a huge lake for you to try some top speed runs.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Talked to Craig at Koons this morning. There is no finality yet for upgrade packages. They won’t know until Dec-Jan timeframe. Told me to contact him early Jan for more info.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Talked to Craig at Koons this morning. There is no finality yet for upgrade packages. They won’t know until Dec-Jan timeframe. Told me to contact him early Jan for more info.
Yeah I just spoke to a friend at my local dealer and they just decided to officially join the program which is super cool, but I think realistically we should be ready to wait until this spring before we are getting this stuff done to our cars. I’m going to try to be the first to have it locally.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I don’t mind being the representative test pilot/ mule car for the North East

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
I will get either the Stage 2 or 3 depending on what the Stage 3 involves. As soon as Stage 3 is announced, I will make an appointment for my car to get one of the two upgrades

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
You pioneers go out and let us know how it shifts at WOT. Either they fix the hiccup, or not. For a few of us; that will determine if we want the Mopar tuner or another aftermarket tuner. Because for me, in just two more seasons the five years of warranty will be over anyway. At that point, if they don’t fix it, it may not even remain in my garage anyway. If they fix it, then it can be around for a long time. Glad I don’t and cannot be a pioneer on this, as my car is hibernating until spring.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
You pioneers go out and let us know how it shifts at WOT. Either they fix the hiccup, or not. For a few of us; that will determine if we want the Mopar tuner or another aftermarket tuner. Because for me, in just two more seasons the five years of warranty will be over anyway. At that point, if they don’t fix it, it may not even remain in my garage anyway. If they fix it, then it can be around for a long time. Glad I don’t and cannot be a pioneer on this, as my car is hibernating until spring.
Are any of the traditional HEMI tuners able to tune out the hiccup? I’m pretty sure @Hemituner was involved in this. I don’t remember where I read that, and I may have my wires crossed… but if he was involved, the hiccup should be gone.

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Will do! Once I get the goodies installed, I'll give you all a complete rundown!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
It's easy to tune out. I could do it in 30 seconds.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I can say for sure the 2021 Super Stock has no hiccups! But like you Dave my 19 Redeye sure did.

Attachments

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Are any of the traditional HEMI tuners able to tune out the hiccup? I’m pretty sure @Hemituner was involved in this. I don’t remember where I read that, and I may have my wires crossed… but if he was involved, the hiccup should be gone.
Yes, the aftermarket can do it, and it may be only a TCM change. It is most certainly in the TM part of their program.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I can say for sure the 2021 Super Stock has no hiccups! But like you Dave my 19 Redeye sure did.
Nice run JG!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Add Stage 2 to a SS and your 907.. :)
Pretty sure it doesnt work like that lol. I'm guessing it overwrites/replaces the factory tune which would mean all RE/SS would be the same afterwards. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Yes, the aftermarket can do it, and it may be only a TCM change. It is most certainly in the TM part of their program.
I read somewhere there is a TSB for it too. Not sure but I'm going to do more research.

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
Pretty sure it doesnt work like that lol. I'm guessing it overwrites/replaces the factory tune which would mean all RE/SS would be the same afterwards. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Well.. Now that I have got my head out of my @ss.. That makes sense. lol

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
That dosen't give snow a terrible name. A hooker or 2 sounds even better. Like lapster dances in the parking lot. With the heat on.

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
That dosen't give snow a terrible name. A hooker or 2 sounds even better. Like lapster dances in the parking lot. With the heat on.
Wait...what! :D