Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Is Vroom a Safe way to Sell

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Damn Carvana came back on my 2019 under 5k miles wide body 92k sticker for 60K 😳. And Vroom came back at 75k but that makes me scratch my head since @SunnyS is a narrow body and what was the retail on yours Sunny?
Givemethevin.com? Algo?

Wanna hear a new trick?

Enterprise rent a car is buying cars at kbb fairlyland minimum price.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
that's one reason I sold. I think I paid 64-65K at 0%. Knew I had buy out at 43K or thereabouts. so, after 4 years and 24,500 miles sold for 54500. So, around $2500 depreciation per year? I hated like hell to get rid of the car but if was ever going to do it, now was the time. Though I wish I had kept the HR5s with 305 Mickey T ET Street SSs, but the OEMs had no rubber on them at all and makes no sense to spring for new tires at that point.
A steal, just like my lease. Willing to bet a lot of dumb or unlucky leases got shafted, remember the buyout incentive last year from ccal? If you had bought at 39k and sold for 50k+ 😲😲😲😲😲😲

If you wanna get rid of something now is the time, same goes for real estate.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Yep, the new trucks in my area are now all marked up at least $2k over sticker.
Yet another reason to order, rather than dealing with what happens to be on the lot. Which apparently isn't much.

For me, about a $4K profit for having driven the 'Hawk for about 16 months, then paying almost $9K less than MSRP for the TRX which many dealers are asking 5-15K over sticker for.

Gotta love capitalism, and people's inability to buy something that's not on the lot now.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Yet another reason to order, rather than dealing with what happens to be on the lot. Which apparently isn't much.

For me, about a $4K profit for having driven the 'Hawk for about 16 months, then paying almost $9K less than MSRP for the TRX which many dealers are asking 5-15K over sticker for.

Gotta love capitalism, and people's inability to buy something that's not on the lot now.
The TRX's in my area all seem to be marked up $30k, and people seem to be buying them.

The problem for (Ford) truck buyers right now is that if you order, you may not see it for a very long time due to the chip shortage. Lots of new trucks getting sent to storage lots until the parts come in. Not sure if the order banks are closed yet. Lots of folks on another forum I belong to are getting notifications that their build dates are slipping.

This is going to have to hit Dodge/Ram sooner or later.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The TRX's in my area all seem to be marked up $30k, and people seem to be buying them.

The problem for (Ford) truck buyers right now is that if you order, you may not see it for a very long time due to the chip shortage. Lots of new trucks getting sent to storage lots until the parts come in. Not sure if the order banks are closed yet. Lots of folks on another forum I belong to are getting notifications that their build dates are slipping.

This is going to have to hit Dodge/Ram sooner or later.
It has already affected Ram, and some time ago. I ordered on 4-17 and it's still in D. And the TRX '21 order banks have closed already.

Yes, I would like to have mine before winter hits, but am not willing to pay an extra $38K+ (if ADMs are indeed as high as 30) for something that isn't built to my specs anyway.

Again, it seems that peoples' need for instant gratification is worth a lot of money. Way too much for me.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Givemethevin.com? Algo?

Wanna hear a new trick?

Enterprise rent a car is buying cars at kbb fairlyland minimum price.
KbB is bullshit. I dont even bother looking at them. Buying or selling. And why would enterprise be buying.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
It has already affected Ram, and some time ago. I ordered on 4-17 and it's still in D. And the TRX '21 order banks have closed already.

Yes, I would like to have mine before winter hits, but am not willing to pay an extra $38K+ (if ADMs are indeed as high as 30) for something that isn't built to my specs anyway.

Again, it seems that peoples' need for instant gratification is worth a lot of money. Way too much for me.
Love ur dealer too bad I was too stupid to order a durango hc through them, not realizing ally was gonna have a pretty high residual on them.

And shipping kills me too tbh

Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsboro
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango
I am in the process of selling through Vroom, so far it's been very slow, but it has been very easy to fill out documents and stuff when we have done those steps. I am waiting for them to schedule pick up. Everything else has been signed so far. They offer 53K for a Durango SRT with 43K mi. Carmax and Dealerships were offering 52K.

Member ID
Reactions
City
fort lauderdale
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 dodge challenger hellcat redeye
I have a 2021 hellcat redeye WB MINT sticker 92k vroom only offered 77k 1095 miles hellraisen color i responded :LOL:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I have a 2021 hellcat redeye WB MINT sticker 92k vroom only offered 77k 1095 miles hellraisen color i responded :LOL:
You gotta check a bunch of them. Vroom was lower than Carvana on both of the vehicles I sold, and KBB was lower than Vroom, so I sold to Carvana. Like most things, I'm sure the values on each go up and down but it seems that KBB is always low on the Instant Offer.

Others have had good luck on Givemehtevin.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Just returned from my houston trip and received word from usaa that VIN has pad off the charger loan, so the final 1k they held on to from the deal should be showing up in the mail shortly.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
...VIN has pad off the charger loan...
Just out of curiosity, what are the rates for commercial vehicles?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
All in all, with the exception of them not mentioning the hold back of the 1 grand up front I think it was very quick, simple, and easy to make this sale. I could probably have pulled a few more thousand if I'd marketed harder and waited longer, but for just making the sale at 54.5 when a year earlier the car was technically worth 43, I'm good with it.

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Ive been going back and forth with GMTV on my 2013 Boss 302. I submitted a month ago and they offered 32k......not happening. Resubmitted this week and they came back at 38k after a little back and forth with the buyer. Checked with a local collector car dealer who said they could probably get a couple of thousand more for my car but recommended I take the 38k. Unfortunately the guy I've been dealing with at GMTV isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and is slow to respond. I'll probably keep it at this point and see if the market goes up even more. The GMTV owner who does a weekly radio show said the used market is actually softening a bit but I'm not sure what's changed?

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Son of a bitch....I shouldn't have looked up Vroom for our 2018 Durango SRT we're trading next week for a DDHC......they offered $53900😟 Dealer is doing $48k and that was higher than carvana. Last year vroom couldn't touch carvana.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Son of a bitch....I shouldn't have looked up Vroom for our 2018 Durango SRT we're trading next week for a DDHC......they offered $53900😟 Dealer is doing $48k and that was higher than carvana. Last year vroom couldn't touch carvana.
That's a lot of cheese to leave in the trap.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
That's a lot of cheese to leave in the trap.
I know, 6k difference when you consider our payoff on the 18 😟. Probably would be a week or more till vroom would have finalized anyway and the new Hellcat wouldn't be held that long.

I'll admit, first time I've dropped the ball on trading/buying value for value.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I know, 6k difference when you consider our payoff on the 18 😟. Probably would be a week or more till vroom would have finalized anyway and the new Hellcat wouldn't be held that long.

I'll admit, first time I've dropped the ball on trading/buying value for value.
yeah....that sucks, Carvana came back $4k higher on my Caddy than KBB did, and $3k higher on my old F150. Once I uploaded the paperwork they wanted, they came out within 3 days and picked up my vehicles and paid me. Pretty happy with the experience overall. The used market is crazy right now.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
yeah....that sucks, Carvana came back $4k higher on my Caddy than KBB did, and $3k higher on my old F150. Once I uploaded the paperwork they wanted, they came out within 3 days and picked up my vehicles and paid me. Pretty happy with the experience overall. The used market is crazy right now.
Just did some quick math because it was bothering me. My tax saving on trading is equivalent to me getting $50,0000 in trade. Still $3900 but a little less sting.