Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Insane Prices

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #81
Lol, actually yes (and the 1981 280zx turbo came w the facory louver kit, best i ever saw, but that was the only louvres ever). And the louvers werent the the problem, that big ass B pillar was the problem. But again, if.you take care you can manage anything.
I put louvers on my HC...most don't like em...like I give a fuck

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #82
I put louvers on my HC...most don't like em...like I give a fuck
I don't have louvers on the Demon...but do have em on the HC..as well as hood pins...and a carbon fiber front splitter....a couple of my buddies (really good friends) started bustin my balls @ a coffee n cars last summer when I showed up with the HC...said my car looked like it came outta a J.C. Whitney catalogue...everybody chuckled...My reply...at least my wife doesn't look like she came outta a National Geographic magazine...(and that's no Bullshit...)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Joined reading this thread again this morning where a couple of my friends here are describing how bad the sight lines are out of a Camaro.

I agree on that one. Back in 2014 sometime before I ordered my first Hellcat, I rented a Camaro for a weekend in Utah. It was an upgrade from their shit box, but no LT1 or anything. Carved up some canyon roads out of SLC, drove it around town. It drove ok, but I hated the interior and as some point out, a guy my size (regular size about 200 lbs and almost 6’) can’t see out of the SOB. So I ordered a Hellcat because a Challenger is about the same size and has sight lines about like my favorite car if all time, my former 2006 300c SRT.

The Hellcat is big and comfy, and it was the most powerful V8 we could imagine they would sell to us! Remember? That is simply the story behind my dislike for a Camaro and my recent loyalty to Dodge. In St Louis for a wedding weekend Hertz attempted to give me a convertible Camaro in about 2017 I think. Did not like that I could barely get my hang up bag in the trunk and oh yes, quickly disliked it inside so much, took one turn in the parking lot, switched back to reverse, parked it. Drive away a very happy man in one of the many Challenger R/T’s they had.

Fast forward to last year. Got a problem. I have become attached to road courses. Drag raced since I was a kid, and love it, but making the buzz last from ten seconds to driving a car around at its max capacity for 15-20 minutes, legally? No shit! What a concept, I love it. No cops to tell me I can’t run the shit out of my car? Damn, I’m in! Let’s visit more and more of these places and see how fast it will go!

Got a larger problem. Long story, but managed to get myself on a dealers list to get the MSRP on some new concept of a Ferrari looking mid-engine type car that Chevrolet has come up with! Shit, I basically have never sat in a drivers seat of a damn old man’s Vette! I have ridden in a few, even coached a few guys around my favorite track. I say to myself, even a virgin driver or two I have coached have nearly done lap times as good as I can drive a Challenger around! But, will it suck to sit in like their Camaro? Well I had to take the plunge. I know and race with all these really decent guys in a Vette club. They got me to attend one of their Saturday shows at the largest Vette dealer in this state. Okay. Finally sat in a new C8 last summer. The coupe sucks like a Camaro, can’t see to the rear or rear quarters. BUT, the convertible (even with the top up) has very different and GOOD visibility! It is more than ok. Big surprise to say the truth! Those different looking seats that look not comfy? They hug and are comfy! Getting in and out? 15 different orthopedic surgeries and four fused lumbar levels? How could that work? Those look so low and so bad? Easy to get in and out! What can I say to my Mopar bros? I hope I can earn enough cash to afford this luxury! Yes, I am a Mopar guy at heart. I want to keep this excellent hot rod (REWB) in my garage too.

Back to the thread. Are the new car prices insane and nearly impossible? Yes!! Are the price of eggs stupid at $6-$10? Yes!! Is the amount of dollars I am asking clients pay me per hour now crazy? Yes, damn it! I want to afford to continue to have fun. If Dodge can’t provide that fun with something new to keep me happy, whatever! I will add more to my “collection”, now that I am older and can! And, I don’t give a damn what is showing on the brand label as long as I can afford it and it works as they say it will.

I want to be able to go to a strip or a track and bullshit with EVERYONE. To say I don’t like GM, just because, is as ignorant as saying I don’t like to eat sushi, but never have tried to eat it. I can and do eat raw fish several times a week. But I think those who say they don’t like it, but then say they never tried it are just fools. Just sayin boys. Don’t make limiting decisions just “because”!
Been around enough chevies to never want one. I have never had sex with another man either but i can tell you I wouldnt like that either

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Been around enough chevies to never want one. I have never had sex with another man either but i can tell you I wouldnt like that either
Ha! :p That is stretching an analogy a bit.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #86
Add liver and onions to that list...;)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #87
Ha! :p That is stretching an analogy a bit.
Hmmm..are you suggesting he broaden his horizons..:unsure::unsure:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 that was a good one, here's another one

Tesla fan boys would say "Don't knock it until you try it"

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
A couple times a week I take a late nite ride to check out new car dealer lots.....all summer long most of the area Mopar dealers had little or no SRT inventory...now in the dead of winter..all have multiple units on the lot...Scat Packs..HC..and even a F8 green Jailbreak I spotted tonight...It was a wide body with the T/A style black stripe down the side..hood pins..and silver wheels.and black interior..(looked awesome)..I was shocked when I saw the window sticker...almost 99g's..now I never really followed pricing for these things as I don't want or need one...but almost 6 figures for a JB..that's sticker who knows what ADM is (if any)..is insane...It may even be an ordered and sold car...regardless..that's crazy money...especially when the Bowtie dealer next door had a new ZL1 camaro on the lot for 25g's less...If I wasn't brand loyal..and just wanted a fast street toy...I'd be wearin a bowtie
I have a recent quote
Jailbreak
$146,613.03 Canadian
MSRP

$21,300 is taxes
Thank you Canada
FJT

Good news is they are selling at 160 to 180

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #90
I have a recent quote
Jailbreak
$146,613.03 Canadian
MSRP

$21,300 is taxes
Thank you Canada
FJT

WTF???...is that 3 bedrooms...or 4:eek::eek:

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Is that effin stupid or what ?

So if someone buys it
Pays 21 K in taxes then flips it for 160 there is another 23K in taxes
44K on the same car in 6 months

I guess someone has to pay for the ASSCLOWN politicians

FJT

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
I have a recent quote
Jailbreak
$146,613.03 Canadian
MSRP

$21,300 is taxes
Thank you Canada
FJT

Makes me wonder why the northern border doesn't look more like the southern.

BTW: Coming home from Loring Land Speed Trials last summer I was driving down 95 in ME an hour from the border. Border Patrol had a checkpoint and asked our citizenship. I thought later I should have asked "aren't you guys on the wrong end?" I did a WOT departure, figured they weren't interested in traffic stuff! :)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #93
Makes me wonder why the northern border doesn't look more like the southern.

BTW: Coming home from Loring Land Speed Trials last summer I was driving down 95 in ME an hour from the border. Border Patrol had a checkpoint and asked our citizenship. I thought later I should have asked "aren't you guys on the wrong end?" I did a WOT departure, figured they weren't interested in traffic stuff! :)
Try and Get over the Peace Bridge in WNY...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The only good thing I know of in New York is Emily Compagno.

Watching her with her hair let down (and with a potty mouth) on Gutfeld is pure and pleasurable poetry in motion.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
🤣🤣🤣 Add another 0 for that. 1,670,000

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Is that effin stupid or what ?

So if someone buys it
Pays 21 K in taxes then flips it for 160 there is another 23K in taxes
44K on the same car in 6 months

I guess someone has to pay for the ASSCLOWN politicians

FJT
Canadian taxes are brutal, I would have paid almost 200-300k worth of taxes on cars I bought this year if I was in canada.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #97

Watching her with her hair let down (and with a potty mouth) on Gutfeld is pure and pleasurable poetry in motion.
The pizza and wings in WNY are the best on the planet:p:p;)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #98
🤣🤣🤣 Add another 0 for that. 1,670,000
And they sell gas by the quart.:rolleyes:.and drink milk outta a plastic bag...o_O...and we think we got it bad...;);)

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
And they sell gas by the quart.:rolleyes:.and drink milk outta a plastic bag...o_O...and we think we got it bad...;);)
Quart LMAO
That is USA shit
Its Liter aaah !!!
LOLOLOLOL

Bag milk is as baffling as Justin Trudeau s mental state

1674731218848.png

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB

Agree. She is a wonderful looking lady with a great attitude. Good luck to her.

She has a couple of others on those shows with her that are not bad either.