Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Incoming new to me Hellcat Challenger

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
My daughter picked up a set of Demon wheels (new set of after market wheels) for her 2014 SRT Charger. I was very pleased with the construction - they look strong and the look makes the world of difference for the car: 70E1E4FC-61A4-4C01-8DCD-6C9A5729D7F0.jpeg C8C24FF6-F3D6-4F33-A56D-FCD20B997A7E.jpeg
They made me contemplate the wheels on my Hellcat Challenger - especially when considering I would like to go with a little more tire...
Personally I would go with Black as well, but I would see this this is an opportunity to fill the wheel wells a little more (lol)

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
Thanks for the input Hayabusa! Your HC looks amazing! Definitely worthy of the HCOTM.

Definitely looking forward to ragging on her a bit on the 3 hr ride home next week. The weather is supposed to be in the 50’s around here.

I do like the red interior...usually I don’t like that kind of contrast, but at least it’s not the FULL interior as being red. I could live with it and the suede material was definitely my number 1 choice.

As far as changing the exterior, definitely thinking matte black wheels. Also considering stripes; I LOVE stripes. My Viper has silver stripes on Graphite Metallic paint. I’d say a the color is a mix between Granite and DG, but definitely metallic flakes. I was wondering if silver would look good to sort of match my Vipers scheme. Although black would probably make the most sense. I’d also consider wrapping the hood flat black. I like that look as well.

Will do my research on what tire will work best for me. Not looking drag with this car. If anything, I may give it a go on an AutoX track just for fun.

Will keep you posted and will have other questions along the way. I’ll be doing all my own wrenching, so I’ll be referencing various fluid questions and such.
Had the red alcantera in my 1st 2 Hellcats and liked it. I did love the GC '16 with the satin hood but sold it a while back. Now I'm a stripes guy. The car I currently own that was bestowed HFCOTM recently is attached. Was like a kid again when the vote was going on, like when I won a Marvel Comics "No Prize" back in the day.

I came up in NY about a half century ago. Huntington, Hempstead, Centereach, Brooklyn and the Bronx were my stomping grounds and I ran a worked '69 Camaro, pic attached. It was congested back then...can't imagine what the L.I.E, Northern and Southern State Pkwys are like now. Haven't been back there in 30 years.

These are pics from when I saw my Sublime car for the first time on the lot...the splitter protector was removed right away (avoiding the inevitable "get the banana off" attack :LOL:). Wanted to get your stripe lust going. Included a pic of a stripe that was offered in 2019 or 2020 model year by Dodge that I think would look great on Destroyer and compliment your red interior. It was a black stripe with a thin Octane red highlight (I think it was described as Octane, it had a metal flake in the stripe 42D1D542-5025-4DDE-A6AE-26F32825C255.jpeg )
9F0944E5-8B9A-44BA-A252-D47047D98B9A_1_201_a.jpeg E9E7C22B-5962-467D-B13B-9EAA539EA73E_1_201_a.jpeg 307A2116-D034-4AAC-A5B3-BCF3D171E7C4_1_201_a.jpeg 24E4BC3B-33D9-4259-A72F-ED7BFE0E392E_1_201_a.jpeg

OP
thetalonguy

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Thread Starter #23
That’s awesome man! You certainly had some beautiful cars! The newest HC looks amazing with the black stripes; congrats!

Lol, LI is definitely still very congested. I’m in eastern Nassau County. I try to spend as little time on the LIE and Southern/Northern Parkways. Unfortunately I have a lot of seat time sitting in traffic in bumper to bumper traffic here. I’m the Regional President of the NY/CT Viper Owners Association, so I spend a lot of time crossing back and forth over the Throgs Neck Bridge attending various events. Nothing like sitting in bumper to bumper traffic during the hot summer months and having to turn off the AC because your car starts to overheat.

I remember one time I was coming back from an event in NJ and it was 100 degrees and humid. My AC had a leak and it was literally bumper to bumper all the way from the GWB to the Cross Island. I honestly thought I was going to pass out. I ended up pulling off on Northern BLVD and found a supermarket in ran into stick my head in the frozen food aisle.

Am definitely considering moving to a free state. Things are just so expensive and we’re taxed to death. Trying to figure out which state (warm weather state) would still be free in the next 5-10 years; since NE’ers are leaving in droves but perhaps bringing their bad political views with them...I digress.

Anyway, thanks for the ideas and support. Can’t wait to get my hands on her.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Hello,

I’ve been hanging out and lurking here for awhile; commenting here and there, but mostly reading as much as I can.

Have been looking to step into a Challenger for the last couple of years...2020 threw a wrench into those plans. So stayed my ground and kept stashing some more coin away. I had planned to make a move this year, but take my sweet time. However, with Tim K saying the 6.2 Supercharged engine was numbered, and the SRT dissolution (don’t want to turn that into a discussion thread here) persuaded me to make a move soon.

Initially I was looking at a 2015 a couple miles away from me, but it sold a couple hours before I had a scheduled PPI. Then I had a deposit on a 2015 with Vroom, but pulled out after researching the company. Went back to the drawing board and took another look at 2017 Destroyer Grey (my personal favorite) on one of the used car websites...price was a tad high and there were only a few pictures on line. Probably something most people would just gloss over in their search. So I contacted them and it was still available, then a couple hour later I received an auto generated email from them that the price was dropped another $2.5k, which put it right my budget zone for a 2017. So I immediately put down a $500 deposit until I got there this morning (3 hr drive).

They gave me the black key and said have fun! Everything felt great, smooth and stable. Thank God there’s still another 200HP though, lol!

After the test drive I made them put it in the air and I checked everything out underneath and all looked great.

The dealer has a 7 day return policy and 60 day bumper to bumper. Car itself still has 19 months of power train warranty remaining.

The car itself was pretty much in great condition except for the standard 22k miles of street use, needs to be polished/buffed to clear up those light clear coat scratches and the brass monkey have some scratches. TBH, not entirely sure I like the look of gold on grey. AND they put brand new tires on it last weekend...however they’re a brand I’ve never heard of Ironman Imove Gen2 SUV A/S. I might just keep them as a cold weather set and put some Summers on. I was looking at Discount Tire Direct and they have Demon Replicas for only $175 a wheel. That just seems way too cheap to be true. Anyone familiar with those? I like the style and color.

Anyway, assuming all funding comes through timely, I should be picking it up at some point next week.

Here are a couple pics. View attachment 39025 View attachment 39026 View attachment 39027 View attachment 39028 View attachment 39029 View attachment 39030 View attachment 39031 View attachment 39032
Congratulations and welcome from the east valley in Az. Now the only problem I see is it’s got one too many pedals. 😉 Now go get you some.