Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Important Emissions Recall UB4

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
California is not imposing anything on other states in this case (you're exactly right that that cannot be done). It is only mandating what has to happen if you want to sell a car in California. The companies are the ones that decide it is better to hit the "one size fits all" configuration for economic reasons than to offer different models in other states. CA has no control over what these corporations decide to do; it can only impose laws that affect cars sold in California.

Just as an aside, CA air is not all that great, but the efficacy of the law is not part of the question, only whether the constituation of the united states (and its enabling statutes and regulations) allow (and in fact protect) those efforts by states to control non-Federally-pre-empted areas of life and law within their own borders and that's an established fact. I've been involved in both constituational, and to a lesser extent, environmental law, and that's just the way it is. California can't say "you have to build cars with X" they can only say "if you want to sell cars in California, you have to have X on them." Any car company is free to build cars without X and sell them everywhere else in the world.

Likewise, what India and China do is not something we, or California, can control.
I guess we will see what the US Supreme Court has to say about all of this, because that's where it's headed.

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
On this "new and improved" site there actually is one.
Is this available on the mobile site or desktop? I cannot locate this...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Is this available on the mobile site or desktop? I cannot locate this...
Can't speak for cell phones, but on my computer there's a smiley face to the right of the "Like" symbol.
Hit the smiley and you should get all kinds of options.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Can't speak for cell phones, but on my computer there's a smiley face to the right of the "Like" symbol.
Hit the smiley and you should get all kinds of options.
Mine doesn't do anything - as far as I can tell it never has, in fact I keep trying to get to more imoji's but could never find them. So I guess I know where they are now - even if I can't see them...

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Worked on my cell(y)

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
If you reply, the symbol is up on the tool bar above the text box:cool:

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Yes - that one works:)
(And always has)

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I think it's my phone that's the issue. If I keep clicking (multiple times) the smiley face eventual I can get to them...

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
I think it's my phone that's the issue. If I keep clicking (multiple times) the smiley face eventual I can get to them...
Try using a colon and left parenth. : ( or :(

Bob
Riverside, California

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
California is not imposing anything on other states in this case (you're exactly right that that cannot be done). It is only mandating what has to happen if you want to sell a car in California. The companies are the ones that decide it is better to hit the "one size fits all" configuration for economic reasons than to offer different models in other states. CA has no control over what these corporations decide to do; it can only impose laws that affect cars sold in California.

Just as an aside, CA air is not all that great, but the efficacy of the law is not part of the question, only whether the constituation of the united states (and its enabling statutes and regulations) allow (and in fact protect) those efforts by states to control non-Federally-pre-empted areas of life and law within their own borders and that's an established fact. I've been involved in both constituational, and to a lesser extent, environmental law, and that's just the way it is. California can't say "you have to build cars with X" they can only say "if you want to sell cars in California, you have to have X on them." Any car company is free to build cars without X and sell them everywhere else in the world.

Likewise, what India and China do is not something we, or California, can control.
I agree with you for the most part. The reality, that sucks, is the California market for auto manufactures is huge. Making different version of cars for different markets is expensive. So they don't want that. So everyone else gets to suffer for the precedent that California sets.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I agree with you for the most part. The reality, that sucks, is the California market for auto manufactures is huge. Making different version of cars for different markets is expensive. So they don't want that. So everyone else gets to suffer for the precedent that California sets.
And other states start adopting that standard... gotta be like California!! 🤮

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Mine doesn't do anything - as far as I can tell it never has, in fact I keep trying to get to more imoji's but could never find them. So I guess I know where they are now - even if I can't see them...
It's quirky but I can do it. Takes a couple presses

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
And other states start adopting that standard... gotta be like California!! 🤮
Yes. IIRC there are about 13 states including CA that follow CARB regulations. NY is another one of them. Put CA and NY together and that's a lot of car sales.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Got a Recall letter yesterday that states FCA US LLC, has determined my 2015 Challenger Hellcat releases air pollutants that exceed Federal and California regulation standards.

Funny thing is they want me to get this fixed?!? Um I don't think so.

If anything I view this as a Trophy. :)
Has anyone tested this? I am curious if it hurts performance or not, curious in that I would like to know, but not curious enough to be the one to verify it hurts performance... better to be ignorant and fast than knowing and slow.... 🙄

OP
Heminized

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Thread Starter #35
Has anyone tested this? I am curious if it hurts performance or not, curious in that I would like to know, but not curious enough to be the one to verify it hurts performance... better to be ignorant and fast than knowing and slow.... 🙄
My experience has been anything that helps emissions, will more than likely hurt Horse Power.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
My experience has been anything that helps emissions, will more than likely hurt Horse Power.
Exactly!!!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Exactly.... If people let them know there was truly a demand for the non-CARB cars outside of CA (and people were willing to pay to get the non-CARB cars) then the companies would make them. Market economics, without that outside of CA demand that is clear and verifiable, the CEO will listen to the bean counters every time. Just the free market at work.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State