Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

IMPATIENCE IS DEFINITLEY NOT THE KEY TO SUCCESS!!!

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
i have a friend here locally that ask me Friday to make adjustments to his tune and also make him a nitrous tune ,guys around here have seen me at the track and make my own adjustments on my car and when asked i tell them im not a tuner ,the biggest mistake i see and im sure all the tuners deal with this as well as their IMPATIENCE ,they rush to get the car ready at the last minute and then expect the tuner to miraculously have the tune ready in time for the weekend track meet which in most cases is the same day they get the car together .
personally i never rushed to get my car ready for a race ,in fact i would never even commit myself til i felt the car was good to go ,usually after one or two weekends of testing at the track ,and if i made a pass and there was any questions about the car i would shut it down .ive been to tracks where guys make a pass and the car does something wrong and then what do they do they run the car again with no adjustments and expecting different results ,,(i believe thats called insanity ) please learn to give yourself ample time to get your car ready ,,,,i know your anxious to get it down to the track but i promise its best to live to fight another day .I feel sorry for tuners @jonx96 ,@zhc and the others because they deal with this weekly,the worst part is its grown men who do this as well :(
i do some bolt ons and of course transmissions here and we sometime retune the cars .the worst is the ones who have an issue with their car then while its being repaired they want to add more stuff to it ,and i always tell them lets wait til we get your problems resolved before adding stuff ...,,,this makes tuners look bad because they go out and run the car knowing good and well the tuner didnt give them the go ahead and when shit goes wrong they blame the tuner for not being available 24/7

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've always had a rule, no changes to the car 30 days out from an event. Worked well for me.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I've always had a rule, no changes to the car 30 days out from an event. Worked well for me.
Idk if I have been 30 days no change

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #4
if i had a good track day and no hiccups i would make no changes

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've seen too many ChallengerFests where people roll their car off the trailer and don't even get to make a pass because of some problem caused by a last minute change. Travel, hotel, etc is too expensive to risk that for me.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I've seen too many ChallengerFests where people roll their car off the trailer and don't even get to make a pass because of some problem caused by a last minute change. Travel, hotel, etc is too expensive to risk that for me.
I usually make a pretty good pass after my changes at least 🤣 more Powa

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HAHAHA I don't think I've gone 5 day with no changes. :ROFLMAO: (need an intervention!!) I feel bad for Sumit. He puts up with my needy ass!!