Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcat Charger wrecked!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
This happened on Veterans Pkwy in hyattesville.
Yeah, anywhere along 95 to the Baltimore beltway down and around the Capital beltway and down 95 into NoVa is just a daily episode of the Douchebag 500. It's almost as bad as some of the 3rd world places I've been. Not quite as bad as downtown Kabul....but getting very, very close.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
It's weird that you mention what your wife tells you because I was discussing something similar with my insurance agent the other day (it was around hitting deer). She told me to just hit it because they really are starting to look at people who use that excuse and run off the road or hit something else. I asked her about cars hitting me, and she said to let them hit me because then they know who to deal with, but if I hit something, and the other person leaves, and I hit someone or something else, then it's all on me.
It's dangerous here in Maryland, and even more so in Baltimore. Too many people cutting other people off so they can jump the light or try to get ahead. I hate going downtown for numerous reasons, and that's just one of them.
Got that right @Stormtrooper1320. I wouldn't go into Baltimore for anything less than a medical emergency now. I don't need bullet holes in my vehicle or my windows cleaned by those squeegee thugs / pricks. :mad:

For years I drove in to the city for work. I was so happy to find a job outside of the city 25+ years ago. The only thing I miss about those years was the amazing revealing stuff I could see at the hotel across the street from my office building. Usually glass is two way but, you would think some people thought differently often. Wow....

I do have to pick up a good dash cam. Been thinking about it for quite a while now and this accident for John is pushing me off of the fence. Maybe I'll start a thread for dash cam recommendations. Seems to be a necessary evil nowadays. :(

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Got that right @Stormtrooper1320. I wouldn't go into Baltimore for anything less than a medical emergency now. I don't need bullet holes in my vehicle or my windows cleaned by those squeegee thugs / pricks. :mad:

For years I drove in to the city for work. I was so happy to find a job outside of the city 25+ years ago. The only thing I miss about those years was the amazing revealing stuff I could see at the hotel across the street from my office building. Usually glass is two way but, you would think some people thought differently often. Wow....

I do have to pick up a good dash cam. Been thinking about it for quite a while now and this accident for John is pushing me off of the fence. Maybe I'll start a thread for dash cam recommendations. Seems to be a necessary evil nowadays. :(
That's a good idea. I know there are many out there so getting feedback on them would probably help us all.
I have to go downtown for certain VA appointments and I cringe everytime I do. Between t he druggies begging for money and having to be on the lookout for those squeegee kids...I don't like it at all.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
That's a good idea. I know there are many out there so getting feedback on them would probably help us all.
I have to go downtown for certain VA appointments and I cringe everytime I do. Between t he druggies begging for money and having to be on the lookout for those squeegee kids...I don't like it at all.
Created the dash cam thread. Let's see what I go with here.

Don't have to go downtown for the beggars. A trip to Home Depot will have at least one at the 695 off ramp and Rt.7 intersection. Also at the Rt.40 left turn lane into Costco. Always there. I have to wonder if these people ever tried to actually get a job or is it just easier and more profitable to beg for money. At least when I worked in the city, there was always some down and out people sleeping on the heating grates that I would buy food for at the Burger King right near the grates. I wouldn't give them money because they might spend it on booze.... Once bought $50 worth of burgers and some drinks and gave it to a bunch of tent and cardboard box people on the grates. You would have thought I was the reincarnation of JESUS. :)

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Insurance is going to blame you. You hit a parked car.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Created the dash cam thread. Let's see what I go with here.

Don't have to go downtown for the beggars. A trip to Home Depot will have at least one at the 695 off ramp and Rt.7 intersection. Also at the Rt.40 left turn lane into Costco. Always there. I have to wonder if these people ever tried to actually get a job or is it just easier and more profitable to beg for money. At least when I worked in the city, there was always some down and out people sleeping on the heating grates that I would buy food for at the Burger King right near the grates. I wouldn't give them money because they might spend it on booze.... Once bought $50 worth of burgers and some drinks and gave it to a bunch of tent and cardboard box people on the grates. You would have thought I was the reincarnation of JESUS. :)
they don't try to get a job because being a drunk or drug addict quailifies them for disability payments. A job would ruin that free money. I don't mind helping someone that needs it, but when you can spend all day outside walking back and forth begging for money from motorists, then you are probably fit enough for a job.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
they don't try to get a job because being a drunk or drug addict quailifies them for disability payments. A job would ruin that free money. I don't mind helping someone that needs it, but when you can spend all day outside walking back and forth begging for money from motorists, then you are probably fit enough for a job.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Hey crab...kudos for the humanitarianism ...now as long as you don't mind helping those that need it...(your words)..how bout lettin me hold 30 g's till I get straightened out

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Hey crab...kudos for the humanitarianism ...now as long as you don't mind helping those that need it...(your words)..how bout lettin me hold 30 g's till I get straightened out
if you really need it....I can let you hold $5...and I'll even throw in a few MRE's for good measure.....but not the spaghetti ones.....those are my favorite :)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
if you really need it....I can let you hold $5...and I'll even throw in a few MRE's for good measure.....but not the spaghetti ones.....those are my favorite :)
Hows that work...your not even Italian

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Hows that work...your not even Italian
aww.....now you want to hit me where it hurts.....

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
This thread is getting interesting:geek: and poor SpecOps Veteran is like an excited Nascar racer out for his first lap and now out of the RACE yikes.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
This thread is getting interesting:geek: and poor SpecOps Veteran is like an excited Nascar racer out for his first lap and now out of the RACE yikes.
yeah...that sucks.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Well, it finally happened. I suppose I knew it was bound to happen at some point up here in Maryland. Driver tried to merge into me causing me to swerve into a parked car, either way I was screwed.
How's the car coming along?

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
How's the car coming along?
Hey Spec Ops hope things are working out for you. I just did my 1000 mile oil change today and last week I finished up the pinstripes and decal work. She’s a true blast to say the least and every chance I get I’m driving her.
663BC702-3045-4078-BF3E-06F2DEA5B936.jpeg 6C683C26-96A3-45B2-A09E-AA298455411B.jpeg 5CF00508-82CF-4938-A503-CE779E871C0C.jpeg

Last edited:

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Hey Stormtrooper hope things are working out for you. I just did my 1000 mile oil change today and last week I finished up the pinstripes and decal work. She’s a true blast to say the least and every chance I get I’m driving her.
View attachment 11433 View attachment 11434 View attachment 11435
Well I think you've got it covered....except for a set of curb feelers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
man, you got that thing set up quick!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Hey CC, I see you using that hot dog heater in the garage. What BTU is that, and what have your experiences been with it?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yo Crabster, I will spend my humanitarian$$ to come get your $5. I still have left over Obama $$. Proud of you dudes that still do the god awful city thing. My mind would be frazzled to do it all over again. i'd come get that $5. And a beer.