Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Having to replace a bad Pirelli All-season tire today

Plasticman

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Opelika
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger HC
I picked up a set (4) All-Season Pirellis in September to replace the Pirelli summer tires that came on the car when I bought it. I had them rotated and balanced two weeks ago ahead of a road trip. Half way thru the trip, I had to have the fronts rebalanced. They developed a bad vibration between 75-85 and since I was doing mostly Interstate driving, this was the speed window I was driving in. Anyway, upon return I took the car back to the tire shop, and they determined on of the four Pirellis was bad. They never said "slipped belt", but I've had one before, and that's exactly what it felt like. Anyway, getting the new tire today. Just sharing. Watch your tires.

Rob

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Mine did the same thing from day one...but replaced with PS4s so never diagnosed the Pirellis. Good info Plasticman.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Pirelli’s suck! I’m just living with a minor vibration at 75 mph. I really don’t want anyone messing with my wheels and don’t want to spend money on new tires since they only have 6,700 miles on them.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Pirelli’s suck! I’m just living with a minor vibration at 75 mph. I really don’t want anyone messing with my wheels and don’t want to spend money on new tires since they only have 6,700 miles on them.
You do know new tires on the car when purchased are covered under warranty?

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
A friend with a WB Cat had his stock Pirelli come apart. Luckily it didn't rip the fender off. Are Dodge and Pirelli going to be the new Ford and Firestone?

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Same here...I just lived with it 8,500 miles or so and switched to the PS4s. I know all this would have been covered under warranty but didn't want people messing with it.

CPRHDSRT

Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fork
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 HC Challenger
OP glad you got it sorted. I had to replace all 4 Pirelli Scorpion Verdes under warranty on my 17 GCSRT when I bought it new. None of them would load balance even close within specs. FCA made it right for the trouble but I will never buy any Pirelli tires ever again. Will do Conti DWS06 or Michelin PS A/S 3 for the JGC SRT pretty soon.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Couple questions...why did you go with all seasons? What did you do with your Pirelli summer tires?

OP
Plasticman

Plasticman

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Opelika
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger HC
Thread Starter #9
I'm switching to Conti's when the All seasons are done. Fortunately, it's not too much longer and I can put my summer tires back on.

Rob

OP
Plasticman

Plasticman

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Opelika
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger HC
Thread Starter #10
Couple questions...why did you go with all seasons? What did you do with your Pirelli summer tires?
My summer tires are in storage until it warms up.

Rob