Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Half mile event in Arizona....

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Yes. The ice tank is a huge help for something like this. When I made a pass with the tank topped off with ice (all seven gallons) on top of a interchiller cooled half tank, I saw IC temps in the 30’s with the full tank good for the whole half mile. IAT topped out at 120 on that run. On my last pass (out of ice) just using the interchiller, the IAT peaked at 160. If by motor you mean pump.... my EMP tank has the big outside pump on it and the stock IC pump has been removed.
So I can run the ice tank as a regular system on the street. Just get the stock pump removed and buy the EMP pump? I think SRT installed yours. Now that they have done yours maybe they can do mine.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Haha. Tommy is like Caesar. All hail Caesar. 😂
Woooohoooo I’m a star now lol. Had a blast out there with you guys. It was so dam hot though.
Can’t wait till the next 1/2 mile.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
So I can run the ice tank as a regular system on the street. Just get the stock pump removed and buy the EMP pump? I think SRT installed yours. Now that they have done yours maybe they can do mine.
Me to AlleyCat. It’s just to dam hot here on the west coast. I plan on getting one when ever I can get my car down to Tommy.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
With SRT doing Marc's which means they have the procedure down can they do it while you wait? Or do they need two days? They have one for the trunk that is 8 gallons if you do not mind removing your subs. I never use my subs as i have a rubber mat over the carpet in addition to the skinnies, jack, etc. in there.

Lethal performance has a 8 gallon one. Fits in the trunk. They have a Rule 2000 pump or you can upgrade to the EMP pump. On the Rule 2000 pump other forum members used to have problems with it. Then they found out by taking out the original pump it worked better.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #65
With SRT doing Marc's which means they have the procedure down can they do it while you wait? Or do they need two days? They have one for the trunk that is 8 gallons if you do not mind removing your subs. I never use my subs as i have a rubber mat over the carpet in addition to the skinnies, jack, etc. in there.

Lethal performance has a 8 gallon one. Fits in the trunk. They have a Rule 2000 pump or you can upgrade to the EMP pump. On the Rule 2000 pump other forum members used to have problems with it. Then they found out by taking out the original pump it worked better.
You want the EMP with the big Davies Craig pump. You can bypass and remove the OEM pump. You have two choices in tanks. One sits to the side so you can keep the subwoofer. The other sits in that space. You can’t seriously run one of these things in the Southwest heat without additional cooling. The stock Hellcats were having problems just getting down the full half mile due to IAT limits. They can do it in one day (all day). 4F2DBDE9-3E6A-4695-BCDC-FCBC5AC3E43C.jpeg

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #66
Woooohoooo I’m a star now lol. Had a blast out there with you guys. It was so dam hot though.
Can’t wait till the next 1/2 mile.
Look at you putting my old wheels and tires on your car!! Super Star! Lol

Last edited:

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
You want the EMP with the big Davies Craig pump. You can bypass and remove the OEM pump. You have two choices in tanks. One sits to the side so you can keep the subwoofer. The other sits in that space. You can’t seriously run one of these things in the Southwest heat without additional cooling. The stock Hellcats were having problems just getting down the full half mile due to IAT limits. They can do it in one day (all day). View attachment 4654
So I literally do not care about sub woofers. I have so much stuff on top of them that they do not matter. Where do I order the Davies Craig pump?

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Look at you putting my wheels and tires on there! Super Star! Lol
Yeah, we need the young guys for that. ha ha

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #69
So I literally do not care about sub woofers. I have so much stuff on top of them that they do not matter. Where do I order the Davies Craig pump?
Buy the whole setup from EMP (Extreme Muscle Performance).

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Buy the whole setup from EMP (Extreme Muscle Performance).
Got it. The emp pump is the Davies Craig pump.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
WhipCat MPH stands another race. Phew!

Next time is gonna get rowdy, I’m gonna have to show up for December race for sure.

I’ll bring 31 psi with me.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Marc,

should i order the charger one since i will be taking out the sub woofers/
are you going to be at whp on friday and saturday or just saturday/

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #73
WhipCat MPH stands another race. Phew!

Next time is gonna get rowdy, I’m gonna have to show up for December race for sure.

I’ll bring 31 psi with me.
Haha. Yep! We’ll have to revisit that in December when it’s 50 degrees cooler and 3000 ft lower. 😂. See you there for some Mexican food!

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #74
Marc,

should i order the charger one since i will be taking out the sub woofers/
are you going to be at whp on friday and saturday or just saturday/
Yes. They call it the Charger version. That’s the one I have. We are replacing the thermal spacers with Cometic gaskets. We’ll have those tomorrow so we should be back up and running for the Friday night event wherever that is and then race the quarter mile at WHP on Saturday.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
got it. i remember i promised you before about a year ago that i would be there and was not. i had a medical issue going on then. i will try to be there and look for a white hellcat with a chute.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Haha. Yep! We’ll have to revisit that in December when it’s 50 degrees cooler and 3000 ft lower. 😂. See you there for some Mexican food!
It's not going to be 50 degrees cooler lol. Last year was still almost 90 degrees I think. But the morning should be cooler. I'm waiting to hear from Omega to see if they will let a select few sponsor cars hit the strip before everyone else.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #77
It's not going to be 50 degrees cooler lol. Last year was still almost 90 degrees I think. But the morning should be cooler. I'm waiting to hear from Omega to see if they will let a select few sponsor cars hit the strip before everyone else.
Well we can hope! December gets pretty chilly down there. I’ll bet we could see 40’s in the morning. If we get out there early. I remember when Whip was there I was seeing a 400’ DA in the morning.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Well we can hope! December gets pretty chilly down there. I’ll bet we could see 40’s in the morning. If we get out there early. I remember when Whip was there I was seeing a 400’ DA in the morning.
Yeah we had some nice negative DA last time. It was good weather. Morning and late afternoon were perfect.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
I will be there Friday. Bringing my 13 and 15 yr. Old girls to Mom's in Chandler for a sleep over. The 15 yr old is not happy. Football night. Mom lives 15 minutes from the track.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #80
Haha. I have watched these videos a dozen times. Death to Ferrari’s! Absolutely the best 2 half mile videos ever. Mark Trostle gave these a two thumbs up on Instagram 😎