Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Half mile event in Arizona....

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
I am calling out Marc! :) Marc with your 1115 plus horsepower we need to line up against each other. Have someone take a video as you run your first 8 second pass! I will be watching your taillights disappear into the desert night sky. The track should be prepped well as street take over is the next day with a lot of high powered cars testing Friday night. "STINKEYE", bring it on! :)

Last edited:
OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #82
I am calling out Marc! :) Marc with your 1115 plus horsepower we need to line up against each other. Have someone take a video as you run your first 8 second pass! I will be watching your taillights disappear into the desert night sky. The track should be prepped well as street take over is the next day with a lot of high powered cars testing Friday night.
Haha. We can do that but we ain’t going to be running no eights yet. There are some significant trans tuning challenges and getting all the power to the ground is going to take some work. We’re going to be using that quarter mile to data log and start working on all that. We don’t want to be too frantic about this and just want to have fun doing it. Our season to do this is stuff just getting started with the temps coming down now. Also.... we weren’t planning on being at the track on Friday night. We were going to do the big street takeover thing in Phoenix and then go to the track on Saturday. I need to take a better look at the schedule for this whole thing and figure out what we’re doing. Been too busy working on the car. I’m back home in Utah and leaving to come back to AZ tomorrow. My back hasn’t even recovered from the 1000 mile drive I just got back from on Monday!

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
About a month ago I watched the racers in the stands in Tucson. I swear I could not stand up after sitting an hour on those aluminum chairs. The people below me had to move as I crawled on all fours to get to the ground. It ain't easy getting older!
Do not worry. Just do the Saturday drive and have fun on Saturday! I will let all of you know if I get traction with the front runners and a hopefully better prepared track.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Well I put my rear drag radials on tonight and will drive the 95 miles with them on. The front runners I will put on at the track. Damn race star lugs. Hard to get correctly started on the threads. DA will start at 3k and go down to 2.5k. if I hook I am going to go for it. Then I will be a spectator the rest of the night

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #85
Good luck. Hope you get kicked out!

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
View attachment 2480 Joe’s Demonic Hellcat is going all the way to Barth for in-house tuning of his monster KB and back. Plans are to get it back and be there and running against me. WhipCat was there last year and said he’d be back. Come on Whip!! I know we’ve got a pulleyed e85 Redeye showing up. Who knows what that thing will do. At least one more Whippled Challenger out of the shop. Primetime’s 1000rwhp 426 just outta the shop will be there. There was a local twin turbo Camaro putting the wood to everybody on a midnight trip to Mexico recently. I heard he is going to be there. That could be interesting if he is. Big chest full of ice cold beer under the canopy with naked girls! How can you not be there!! 😝 View attachment 2475 View attachment 2476 View attachment 2477 View attachment 2478

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Fudge. No traction. On and off again till eighth. Still managed a mid ten at over 140. To add salt to the wound I got a warning for going over 135. She is flying. Took pressure down to 16. Getting kicked out on this next run. Going to let it cool down.