Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Go Man Go Stolen

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
@Speedy! I think I know what you are getting at with your quick anti theft procedure that you didn't do on that fateful day. I read that the thieves are also now wise to that method, and keep a few spares of that item in their pocket to quickly install should they be missing in a car they wanted to take.

I still think that is another good method to protect your car, but I would take it one step further. Take said item and gut it of all the components that make it work, then reassemble it. It will appear to be a functional item and in place, but in reality its a dead dummy item, that just might trip up the assholes to move on to another car.
I thought about that but never followed through.

I have a club and a steering wheel cable that attaches to the seat belt. Just a couple of things that take up more time.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #42
Anybody with one of these should have an immobilizer installed and not worry about it anymore. I don't care if you live in Smallville, KS it's a no brainer and cheap insurance IMO.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Anybody with one of these should have an immobilizer installed and not worry about it anymore. I don't care if you live in Smallville, KS it's a no brainer and cheap insurance IMO.
Don't they cut factory wires?

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #44
I'm told no they don't cut any wires. No way to confirm it unless your installer violates NDA and allows you to see them install it though.

Slows2k

Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger
Hard one to watch, I hope they catch and prosecute. I’m not surprised metro couldn’t be bothered. Thanks for sharing, tough for anyone who spends a lot of time making memories in a car to see it treated like that. Fuck be upon those who cut it up.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
I'm not riding a bike on the street.
Especially in Florida or even here in AZ. Lots of elderly drivers. He does mountain biking.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
This one simple trick will prevent them from starting the car. Pull fuel pump and starter relay. Yeah annoying but I know my car will be sitting out there whenever I get doing doing what I need to do. I just throw em in my pocket.

In the chance that they do grab it. Good luck finding the three airtags and some other things in there that you'll never know because chances are by the time you find them, I've found you and well shovels are cheap.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Working in Auto-theft for many years told me Air tags dont work well. If they have a Iphone they can detect there are AirTags present. If a thief has an Iphone it will just alert him an Airtag is there and make sounds.

The AirTag can't connect to the internet on it's own so the location will only get updated periodically when someone's iPhone detects it and after that the location will be updated. They will know the car is being tracked and find it or just burn ur car! Yea, thats what animals do!

AirTags are NOT anti-theft recovery. They're not marketed or sold that way and they're not intended for people to recover items that have been stolen from wherever. AirTags are marketed for "lost and found" NOT theft recovery.

Are Airtags useless? Probably not. There has been cases where they have helped locate a stolen car but considering half the planet has IPhones its unlikely they will be useful. At least take the speaker out of the Airtag so it doesnt alert to where it is smh.

Honestly, ive never recieved a Police report where the owner states he has found his stolen car via AirTag. Has it happened? Yea...... but not in my 25 yr. career and we had 125 stolen cars a MONTH. Yea, a MONTH! Bridgeport, CT.

For $15 fukn dollars a month one can get a GPS tracker and hide it where it cant be found. The battery life on most is good for a couple of months usually. All u gotta do is recharge it. So far I have found the Tury to be the best simple anti-theft on the market that ANYONE here can install on their own plus u get a throttle accelerator with it which these cars desperately need. U can buy the extended battery pack and get an even longer charge on ur GPS tracker as well.

The Tury is $300. It locks out the pedal accelerator from working. They can make a new key with the VIN # or steal ur current fob info wont matter cant go anywhere without the throttle working. I just hit LOCK on my IPhone when I exit my car. When I return to my car all I have to do is open the app and it returns the pedal back to normal.

I went a little overboard maybe but I had my buddy fab up a small metal box (Thick ass metal box) with security screws and placed it around the Tury device up under my dash. No way ur just unplugging and putting it back to factory. Its hidden WAY up under there along with some dummy wires it would be REALLY hard to even locate it under there but if they did they are still screwed! Ud have to cut the wires and that would completely disable the car! Better than being stolen!

I have (3) kill switches on both my Mopars plus GPS and Lojack. Over kill? Maybe, but never had anything stolen. Its a very small investment to make knowing ur shit will likely never get stolen unless its towed and if it i'll find it immediately and if I cant i'll activate my LoJack which is RADIO based not GPS based so there is no hiding in parking garages or shipping containers! I know how these little assholes operate trust me!

I have over a $100k into my Daily Trackhawk. $250k in my race Trackhawk that I street often. No fukn way am I leaving that anywhere without MULTIBLE anti-thefts and recovery! Insurance isnt giving me my money back!

These cars to most of us are MUCH more than cars they are part of our lives! I worked hard my whole life to be able to afford these and I love my Trackhawk more than life itself! We modiffy them, detail them, love and take pride in owning them and give us all a great hobby to love plus its quite an investment and I know u guys work hard for ur shit dont let these ANIMALS take what uve worked ur whole life for!

The Hellcat is the most stolen car in America! How much more evidence does one need to see before they get their own kill switch or two? Scats are stolen daily as well! Especially if uve modified ur shit cause ur getting none of that back with an insurance claim. Cmon guys at least get the Tury. Is it full proof? No. But it would have stopped Speedys car from being stolen! Install on it was like (5) minutes literally!

This one simple trick will prevent them from starting the car. Pull fuel pump and starter relay. Yeah annoying but I know my car will be sitting out there whenever I get doing doing what I need to do. I just throw em in my pocket.

In the chance that they do grab it. Good luck finding the three airtags and some other things in there that you'll never know because chances are by the time you find them, I've found you and well shovels are cheap.

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye
What strikes me is how stripped the car is. Carpet, trunk insulation, wiring harnesses all removed with a level of professionalism. There has to be a lot of people involved in this operation and they must have a descent size shop with all the necessary equipment and skilled labor to pull this off. Seems to me the Police and investigators should be able to catch and shut this operation down with ease. And where is the market for all of the stripped parts? Where are all of the parts stored, how are they sold? And how do you transport and dump the shell of a car on the side of the road and no one sees anything? …….I’m sorry, but I would have a ton of questions for law enforcement as I’m sure you do. I feel for you Speedy, you did such a great job with Go Man Go and then to see it destroyed must be devastating. I’ve enjoyed all of your YouTube videos and I learned a lot from them, hoping you find a new ride soon and put all of this behind you.

clv22p

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger 1320
Metro Nashville is terrible. I had a trailer stolen and two trucks broken into. All had camera footage. The trailer metro responded the next day, the broken truck was 2 days. My office less than a mile from a precinct.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Metro Nashville is terrible. I had a trailer stolen and two trucks broken into. All had camera footage. The trailer metro responded the next day, the broken truck was 2 days. My office less than a mile from a precinct.
You guys are going to make me move back to AZ.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
I love AZ. Especially Tucson and its surrounding areas. But we have our problems also. Mainly border issues.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You guys are going to make me move back to AZ.
You have to stay out of most cities these days. They're nothing but drug infested hell holes.

Last edited:

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody
What’s the current gold standard for these systems? I’m starting research.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
You have to stay out of most cities these days. They're nothing drug infested hell holes.
War zones! If you don’t get car jacked, you’re just as likely to get hit by a stray bullet. 2 dead and 2 injured in a drive by shooting in front of a mom and pop corner store near Nationals Park at noontime in DC the other day. The shooters were in a car jacked Jeep GC that they later torched.

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
War zones! If you don’t get car jacked, you’re just as likely to get hit by a stray bullet. 2 dead and 2 injured in a drive by shooting in front of a mom and pop corner store near Nationals Park the other day. The shooters were in a car jacked Jeep GC that they later torched.
Where's that?

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Never taking my car there again, if it is not broken into or carjacked, it would not sit for more than a few moments before someone would take a try at it.....and of course they do not legally permit citizens to do ANYTHING.

But then again I avoid DC anyhow just in principal alone and go out of my way to steer clear

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I love AZ. Especially Tucson and its surrounding areas. But we have our problems also. Mainly border issues.
Yeah we lived there for 30 years. Left last year when it got the commiefornia infection.