Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Gavin Newsom Bans Gas-Powered Vehicles Effective 2035.

OP
tkracing1

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Thread Starter #21
Yet there are people that follow these melon heads...highly educated..I don't get it...
Highly educated is just a fancy way of saying "brainwashed". I played golf with a guy who bitched the entire day about how 4 years of college destroyed his 18 years of parenting.

Newsom is freaking out because the recall just hit over a million signatures. The GOP just took interest knowing its going to pass so they have a townhall tonight!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Highly educated is just a fancy way of saying "brainwashed". I played golf with a guy who bitched the entire day about how 4 years of college destroyed his 18 years of parenting.

Newsom is freaking out because the recall just hit over a million signatures. The GOP just took interest knowing its going to pass so they have a townhall tonight!
How ironic you make this point...I was having that very discussion this morning with a very good friend of mine on how my sons education never affected the core values my wife and I instilled in him growing up..and by the grace of God...he's a conservative...

OP
tkracing1

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Thread Starter #23
How ironic you make this point...I was having that very discussion this morning with a very good friend of mine on how my sons education never affected the core values my wife and I instilled in him growing up..and by the grace of God...he's a conservative...
You guys did a great job raising him and should be proud!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I wonder where he's going to let the power plants, wind farms or solar fields be built to supply all of that electricity....oh wait.....they won't because some bird might fly into the wind turbine, or some microbe lives in that piece of desert dirt and would be covered by the solar panels...and there is no way they would let another fossil fuel power plant be built in that state.

The oil industry makes a ton of money from all the fueled vehicles in Calif....and the state makes a ton off of all the gas taxes....and you can bet Calif ain't letting that money go....there will have to be some sort of new "green tax" to take the place of gas taxes.
We are having a tough time getting them to think about additional Hydroelectric! Nuts and completely ignorant IMO.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Yeh but what happened to @1971demon:unsure: :whistle::whistle:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
He's never been a sense of disappointment to us...and the only two things we never influenced him on...were politics and religion...I believe those are two things that an individual must sort out for themselves...I'm confident he knows who his God is...and understands the value of his conservative upbringing...I was a strict disciplinarian.....I wasn't always his friend...but I was always his father...He turned out to be a fine young man..a good husband..and a terrific father...with the tremendous help of our extended family...Were all proud of him...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yeh but what happened to @1971demon:unsure::whistle::whistle:
CC...no question...I was a problem child:devilish:...but the key to my success....I was one of those guys that never got caught....

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Hopefully he is dead by then .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
oh yeah....they are tearing down dams in Calif, you would be hard pressed to get them to build a new hydro project.
That’s not even it. They won’t consider Pumped Storage Hydro (can be totally on worthless land, not even part of a river), or ANY like added hydro element retrofitted to a current flood control or dam that cannot and will not be torn down.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Cali will become just like Cuba - no new cars, just 50 yr old ones being kept alive with chicken wire & string !

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Cali will become just like Cuba - no new cars, just 50 yr old ones being kept alive with chicken wire & string !
I've seen some cars and bikes from down there...It really is amazing what some of those Cubans can do with string..and chicken wire...

OP
tkracing1

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Thread Starter #32
Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 12.46.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 12.56.17 AM.png

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wow...that's terrible.

But it sounds about right.......
We don’t want this thread to die. It is about cars and our right to buy what we want. So have some time here waiting for the brave one to have her first cataract fixed this morning. I posted this over at the other place also. But fundamentally, no shit these clowns can’t do it with what they have now.

consider these FACTS...

Okay California dreamers including the Governor and others who are completely briefed on these facts. Yes, anyone of you State reps, legislators, Governor's advisors join on in here, let’s hear it, I’m calling you straight out!

https://www.instituteforenergyresea...supply-demand balance on its electricity grid.

Tell the world here just how you think that you are going to add SUBSTANTIAL load to the grid in the evening when your population gets home and plugs in their cars to recharge. Hell, forget the evening, I’ll give you until sunrise to tell me where the power will come from? Anyone who says batteries, please research lithium and the capacity/discharge times prior to responding, not to mention where it’s associated minerals necessary for today’s batteries come from or after you have used it up, what you are going to do with it. For everyone’s information this same state currently excludes hydropower in their plan(s)!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Sometimes I wonder if wonder man or should I say cologne man Musk paid off Newsome.....and other political figures.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well if they don’t change even real soon there are problems. I am attending a meeting next month with a presentation on how much hydropower they needed to IMPORT from outside their State recently in order to stay generally electrified.