Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Front rotors and hot spots

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #61
That was funny right there.
We need a middle finger emoji. LOL
If we had that emoji it would be called the " hellno" emoji. Lol

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So I removed the power stops all the way a round and put the stock pads back in. While I had the wheels off I cleaned them and put another coat of CSL ceramic coating on them. Took her out and bedded the pads in and all the spots came off. But man that dust is a killer. Just covered after about 10 hard stops! The ceramic coating should help just blow the dust off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Man now I'm really in a dilemma...I had every intention of switching to Powerstops…( I just cant deal with this break dust...) I have Triumph wheels that are black and granite...gorgeous when clean...look like shit when dirty...the car sees no track duty of any kind...and any severe braking is minimal..chime in guys...in this application...will I be okay with powerstops..or is there a better choice for the brake dust issue??

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
Man now I'm really in a dilemma...I had every intention of switching to Powerstops…( I just cant deal with this break dust...) I have Triumph wheels that are black and granite...gorgeous when clean...look like shit when dirty...the car sees no track duty of any kind...and any severe braking is minimal..chime in guys...in this application...will I be okay with powerstops..or is there a better choice for the brake dust issue??
For me the deciding factor was a few weeks ago was with the wife and did a little pull to around 150 and had to slow down quick. Not a panic stop but quick. The power stops didn’t instill a lot of confidence after that. Just prep your new wheels and ceramic coat them yourself. It’s super easy and the brake dust will come off with a mild cleaner like P&S brake buster or the non acid wheel cleaner of your choice. Ceramic coating them and calipers makes all the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
That was funny right there.
We need a middle finger emoji. LOL
Best I could do jim A8D6E84D-373E-4F83-91BD-77EF49EF59FD.png

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Lots of negatives above. I use them on the street, they work fine for me and lots of others. By the looks of it all these rotors will last forever, not a spec of a problem. They have slowed mine down fine from many adventures. Multiple stops from triple digits? Not on the street, period!

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
at the end of last season rotors where covered in hot spots from drag racing, this year after about a 100 miles of normal driving I noticed yesterday rotors appear to be cleaning up , not perfect but much better. I have the power stops an I installed because of the dirt an will stay with them for that reason.