Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Florida Man. POS vehicle. No state inspections.

OP
Purerock105

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Thread Starter #21
It would seem to me...annual vehicle inspections would be a matter of public safety...bald tires..no brakes...yeah that's who I want behind me at freeway speeds
The biggest inspection failure on BIG trks? Brakes. [bash]

I grew up in the " Commonwealth" of Virginia, where they still have annual state inspections. I LOL at vehicles I see in Florida, that would be impounded immediately if Virginia State Police came up on them. Passing inspection? Ha. Slap that shameful REJECTION sticker on the windshield. 😂

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
You won the war what else do you want,,, Biden as a Prez???? If we can make our own liquor we damn sure can make our own stickers. Or snickers. Or hookers,,, 2 out of 3 wouldn't be bad.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The biggest inspection failure on BIG trks? Brakes. [bash]

I grew up in the " Commonwealth" of Virginia, where they still have annual state inspections. I LOL at vehicles I see in Florida, that would be impounded immediately if Virginia State Police came up on them. Passing inspection? Ha. Slap that shameful REJECTION sticker on the windshield. 😂

Have you seen the horror-shows they call trucks in the Detroit area?!

OMFG!
duallys bouncing out of round by maybe 2" as they're driving down the freeway.

First time I saw it, I thought, oh, just got something strange going on...

Then I kept seeing it...

And kept seeing it more...

Damn!

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye

OMFG!

Then I kept seeing it...

Damn!
Have you ever seen a retread come off at speed?
Quit looking at these trucks and go around or fall back!!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
...and this is what you can get.😳
Bonus points if you can nail make & model. 😂
View attachment 12333
Did you see the other side? Was the drivers fender in place?

These things were death traps when they were new. Remember all those jokes?

OMFG!

Then I kept seeing it...

Damn!
Come down here... we have some things to show you.

Guy who was a client of my non-legal businesses, turns out his son was driving oil field trucks here. Brakes were wrecked on the truck, he wrote it up 8 times, and they sent him out each time. He finally complained up the chain of command. The response: drive the truck as is or find another job. He had a new baby and couldn't just walk out. He drove the truck, planning to look for another job and leave. The next day, brakes failed completely and the truck hit oncoming traffic and went over a curve. He was crushed to death. Then the father and surviving spouse got F-ed over by a big-name lawyer out here that was later dis-barred. And I can show you personal video of trucks running in conditions that jeopardize lives every day. When the country tries to do something (even enforce a tax to pay for the roads they jack up because they're all running over weight) the state legislature (a bunch of lap dogs) slam the door on things like that. Inspections? HAHAHAHHA.... not when the all mighty dollar is involved. Funny thing is, most of these companies aren't really making money and the investors will be left holding the bag eventually.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
Did you see the other side? Was the drivers fender in place?

These things were death traps when they were new. Remember all those jokes?

Come down here... we have some things to show you.

Guy who was a client of my non-legal businesses, turns out his son was driving oil field trucks here. Brakes were wrecked on the truck, he wrote it up 8 times, and they sent him out each time. He finally complained up the chain of command. The response: drive the truck as is or find another job. He had a new baby and couldn't just walk out. He drove the truck, planning to look for another job and leave. The next day, brakes failed completely and the truck hit oncoming traffic and went over a curve. He was crushed to death. Then the father and surviving spouse got F-ed over by a big-name lawyer out here that was later dis-barred. And I can show you personal video of trucks running in conditions that jeopardize lives every day. When the country tries to do something (even enforce a tax to pay for the roads they jack up because they're all running over weight) the state legislature (a bunch of lap dogs) slam the door on things like that. Inspections? HAHAHAHHA.... not when the all mighty dollar is involved. Funny thing is, most of these companies aren't really making money and the investors will be left holding the bag eventually.
The world certainly doesn't run on love.
Sort of like a shit sandwich...
Unfortunately...

landoawd

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
1581421035549.png
Passes inspection in NC. That Samurai is way more capable AND probably more safe.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Hey now, after they get in and hit the hydraulics and the rear comes up, it'll be redneck heaven

YMMV

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Morris Co
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger HC
Crap like that is why we can't own nice things lol. Imagine getting hit by that moron? Probably doesn't have a pot to piss in.

Side note, off roading back in late 90's and early 2k, those Samurais were very popular. You've never partied till you've rolled a few of those lol.

landoawd

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Hey now, after they get in and hit the hydraulics and the rear comes up, it'll be redneck heaven
Fun fact about Carolina Squat: It's static like that