Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Durango Hellcat vs SRT 0-60 times

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
One cannot argue with the utility of the Durango and it's blend of utility/sport is almost unrivaled, especially for the price. But the fact remains that after 60 mph, the Durango and Trackhawk are only about as quick/fast as a Scat Pack. The Chargers and Challengers are so much faster once rolling it's not even funny, and if you can launch them it's not a close race at all. To be expected though in a car vs. truck debate...
Just imagine the charger or challengers with awd hellcat variants, you think 3.4 0-60 is great? Lose 1000 hp and watch it drop in the 2s, that's damn near supercar territory for a fraction of the cost.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Just imagine the charger or challengers with awd hellcat variants, you think 3.4 0-60 is great? Lose 1000 hp and watch it drop in the 2s, that's damn near supercar territory for a fraction of the cost.
This is why I want the new 500hp inline turbo engine in an awd charger.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Honestly there's many different ways they could go about this but it's stellantis so who knows where they go.... but here's me dreaming.

Keep the hellcat engine, add auto start stop, add two electric motors to propel the front two wheels when car is under 50 mph, will boost the city and highway mpg, although additional weight will slow it down it will be more usable on the street. (Definitely not happening)

Resize the hellcat engine to something like a 5.7 or 5.0 twin turbo, add awd, shave some weight by redesigning the frame/platform. (95+% chance this doesn't happen)

Or even an i6 twin turbo with the zf8 and strong internals, option to be able to use e85 on aftermarket tune or 93 on stock tune. This is the likelier of the 3 scenarios but probably a longshot.

I think fca missed a huge opportunity to create a budget m5/e63 with an awd charger but here's to hoping they do something better for '24.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
After having an AWD Challenger and looking at the size of its drive train parts, I'm almost surprised that they stay together with the 300 hp V6.