Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Done with car dealers

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That's with Chrysler Capital, other outfits may well be different.

Either way, the interest rate is what it is and I really don't care what it is, since I first make a token maximum payment ($1,999 these days I think), then send a check for most of the balance.
Sure enough, they're not too proud to cash it.

Then I make small payments every now and then, making sure I won't make the balance too small.

Bottom line, I get 2-2,5K off the price for having paid 200-300 in interest. Worth the hassle, I think.

OP
N

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Thread Starter #42
So I'm sticking to my done with dealers for purchasing new cars stance. I will say I had a good experience with the service department at my local dealer today. They used to be owned and named after a certain retired Denver Broncos quarterback and were absolutely awful for both sales and service. They have since been bought out by another dealer group. I wanted to take my recently purchased used Hellcat into the dealer for an oil change and have them check for recalls, etc. I was impressed the service advisors were pleasant and got me in and out efficiently. They also have a good system where you can make an online appointment and get text notifications. To top it off the young guy working as a service advisor sold me four oil changes for 190 bucks I don't think I could buy the oil and filters to do four oil changes for that. They followed the proper procedure of draining the oil cooler etc. It was a good experience so I hope it stays that way going forward.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
If you're talking about John Elway, did you know he was once a suspect in the OJ killings? Police were looking for a slow, white Bronco.....

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The finance people get a cut of the deal as well. The more they add into the final purchase price the more they make. A good finance person in a good dealership will make 200k plus.
Its a grind...lotta hours...but @ a high volume dealership..your right 200 plus ...all day long

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
If you're talking about John Elway, did you know he was once a suspect in the OJ killings? Police were looking for a slow, white Bronco.....
Lol...been waiting a long time to slide that one in eh?