Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Horsepower Challenge

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
So I’m taking it they’ve already sent out the winning email notification.. Like a .5 day early? So my hopes are crushed till next week[?|] maybe it’s just taking a while to go through lol

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
As sloppy as this may seem to be, at least they’re giving away some free (nearly) amazing cars.

I don’t see Ford giving away GT500s or GM giving away C8s now and likely never unless they’re auctioned off to the super rich.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Well...I don't really know if they have notified anyone that they won yet...just says a winner has been selected. Remember, they did claim all winners would be validated or some such nonsense....

Now with all the B.S. and screw ups....I am starting to not believe that they really actually have any cars to give away....lol Let's see the winners!

CU89

Member ID
Reactions
City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2019 Widebody Scat PacK
So I’m taking it they’ve already sent out the winning email notification.. Like a .5 day early? So my hopes are crushed till next week[?|] maybe it’s just taking a while to go through lol
No, if you have not entered an answer, you still can. Created a fake account and could have still selected an answer.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
They are using the rolling resistance for concrete/asphalt which averages between 0.01 to 0.015 for normal street tires.
I meant the people who published this calculator. You don't know where they are rounding, or how many decimal points they are carrying in their application. I'm willing to bet that the (more than likely excel spreadsheet info) they are using for the calculation isn't going out to 6 decimal places.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
I meant the people who published this calculator. You don't know where they are rounding, or how many decimal points they are carrying in their application. I'm willing to bet that the (more than likely excel spreadsheet info) they are using for the calculation isn't going out to 6 decimal places.
They clearly are not calculating this out in excel....some old ass engineer must have done this one by hand on paper....probably even used a slide rule :ROFLMAO: Some rounding error in the official answer.....:rolleyes:

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
No, if you have not entered an answer, you still can. Created a fake account and could have still selected an answer.
I submitted Saturday morning. I’m just patiently waiting on the email that says when I can collect my new redeye. Seriously I want to hear from someone that actually does win. It says at the bottom of the rules you can request a list of the winners, to make sure they’re not ghosts I guess

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Well...I don't really know if they have notified anyone that they won yet...just says a winner has been selected. Remember, they did claim all winners would be validated or some such nonsense....

Now with all the B.S. and screw ups....I am starting to not believe that they really actually have any cars to give away....lol Let's see the winners!
Yeah.....just like last seasons winners!! Whitman, Price, and Haddad!!
Killian.jpg

WhitmanPriceHaddad.gif

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
32097hp but I failed algebra once
Hope you all listened to me Saturday

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My guess is all the videos were already made with the answers and that one was leaked early

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Everybody check your spam too. They also said in the rules that they won’t be responsible for undelivered email

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
They clearly are not calculating this out in excel....some old ass engineer must have done this one by hand on paper....probably even used a slide rule :ROFLMAO: Some rounding error in the official answer.....:rolleyes:
Yung Won, Chinese engineer at Dodge... calculating the week 2 answer... he alrays wight... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

abacus.gif

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
My guess is all the videos were already made with the answers and that one was leaked early

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Years ago I worked with aircraft engineers that refused to use computers. They grew up with slide rules and had worked with them for their careers, and it was all they trusted.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
I FOUND THE LEAK!!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

3 stooges plumbing.gif

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Everybody check your spam too. They also said in the rules that they won’t be responsible for undelivered email
I don't think they've notified anyone yet of winning. I'm guessing that they are waiting until the end.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
As sloppy as this may seem to be, at least they’re giving away some free (nearly) amazing cars.

I don’t see Ford giving away GT500s or GM giving away C8s now and likely never unless they’re auctioned off to the super rich.
GM and Ford are not going to have trouble selling said cars for a little while

Redeyes seem to be sitting since HP dollars and even then still an awful lot of cars out there.

I actually answered this one correct!!!
Used the wife's info and answered the more HP than Dodge lineup

Seeing this video i used my dad's email and sent in the answer

Just like the Demon teaser videos, a few of them released earlier than they should have. Sloppy but how many actually will take advantage of this?

WildCat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kakastan
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Years ago I worked with aircraft engineers that refused to use computers. They grew up with slide rules and had worked with them for their careers, and it was all they trusted.
The wife & I have concluded that the contest has to have been crafted & is possibly being ran by faulty AI.
think about it:
This would explain the rather obvious spelling & grammatical errors, the math, that lets be honest, probably 95% of Americans cant actually do, the false alerts for correct answers - that now resulted in 6th car side drawing, the rather weird co-use of insta-twit-face for algorithmic data analysis, the jacked up hashtags.... the list will certainly go on.
To be honest, a 10 yr old, making Youtube unboxing vids of Lego sets, could have designed and ran a contest better, with less BS.
Either this, or Dodge really needs to re-evaluate their hiring standards, because this challenge is rather chewed up.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
New question for the week is posted.
ready...set..go...

Member ID
Reactions
City
Pottstown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Dodge Challenger
Was there ever an “official” announcement of Week 1’s answer ?