Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge CEO: Muscle Cars Soon to Be Powered by Electric Vehicle Technology

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
This should scare all car fans. I have never been in a Tesla I think I would consider one if I could afford it for a daily driver. But without the noise it just wouldn't be the same.

"The latest step in the state's plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions came Wednesday, when Newsom pledged to ban all sales of new gasoline-powered vehicles by 2035."

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/24/9166...car in Sacramento on,be zero-emission by 2035.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Other than losing the badass sound I'm not worried. Not a fan of all electric but if there are electric motors at the wheels theyre going to hook n book. I think all the panic is typical because we all know how we all love change :rolleyes:. Cant compare to the 70's when there was zero technology to evolve to when it happened then. As they perfect it I think youre going to see some extremely quick cars. Will they sound badass? Doubtful. I know I know - "no soul!" but I think theyre going to rip from a dig.

OP
ACMAVRO

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Thread Starter #23
From what I'm gathering is they're buying time for cheaper technology and then they'll tweak it to give us what we want as far as performance. I have to say I'm interested if it performs better.. not getting rid of my HC though!

Edit:: Of course it has to look really fn good!

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
And we should all keep our Hellcats. As the time nears and they cannot be had new, they will shine brighter.;)

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
The ICE age is still kicking and will continue to kick but for sure the Electric Revolution is upon us. And yeh not a fan but for sure some pretty incredible technology is coming to us. The instantaneous power will be a kick in your pants. I drove a Tesla a few years back and they are incredibly quick. But as many have mentioned its not the same as the good old Ice sound. Peugeot purchased FCA with the intent to bleed all the ICE age technology money into the electric age technology. The new CEO has every intention to go full electric with the new name Stellantis. If you read the Oil Companies challenges that lie ahead for them it is not Oil Reserves it is Government RESERVES. Oil Companies are being fined for their Carbon Foot Print. They are being forced to basically abandon their oil exploration to alternate energy exploration. The painting is on the wall the next 10-20 years will be a rewrite of the economic infrastructure in this country and world. I am not writing this to say the world is coming to an end but just sharing how we will witness more change than we have ever seen in our lifetime.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Torque assist + stop start tech is where Dodge will start; enhance muscle cars not replace. Who wouldn't like to see some electric assist motors on the front wheels on the redesign to aid in the launch/traction department?
Me. Because my Challenger already weighs plenty.
Now that stop/start crap I probably wouldn't notice, as there's one stop sign to deal with within about 70 miles.
But I'd still defeat it.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I think it would be fitting and great if Canada would cut the power to the US to retaliate for Biden pulling the Keystone pipe. The east coast would look worse than California even on a good day.
There is some moaning about that Keystone thing up here.
It was to be expected, imo, as the previous administration didn't really give a poop about protected land, when it pertains to oil or forestry.
I don't know why they are so upset up here. Considering they don't want a pipeline going across the country up here. The east as in Quebec has refineries in Montreal and Alberta has the oil in the west. Make a pipeline and we can support ourselves.
Or use the rail system we already have. I guess that costs more to transport that way
So..

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
There is some moaning about that Keystone thing up here.
It was to be expected, imo, as the previous administration didn't really give a poop about protected land, when it pertains to oil or forestry.
I don't know why they are so upset up here. Considering they don't want a pipeline going across the country up here. The east as in Quebec has refineries in Montreal and Alberta has the oil in the west. Make a pipeline and we can support ourselves.
Or use the rail system we already have. I guess that costs more to transport that way
So..
Yep, Warren Buffet gets a bonus, his trains get to carry it.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
🤬. As far as I’m concerned muscle cars use ice’s. No electric muscle, they’re going to have to call them something else. Sorry.
Muscular car?

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
🤬. As far as I’m concerned muscle cars use ice’s. No electric muscle, they’re going to have to call them something else. Sorry.
How about Slot car?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
You can always go the BMW route and pipe ICE sounds into the cabin with the stereo ...

Jack in one flew over cuckoos nest.gif

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
I think theyre going to rip from a dig.
This^^
Not only that, but as All Electric progresses gas it's not even going to be close race. Most of us are going to see 6 sec 1/4 mile all electric. I guarantee it.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Embrace tech or be left behind. It's all a matter of perspective, what's important in the grand overall scheme of each individuals wants, needs and desires.

I will never own an A8, they just don't sound right. O they try, but nothing compares to the sound of muscle in front of a manual transmission.

But to each there own...:love:
If only your manual were faster than my A8. ;-)

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
This^^
Not only that, but as All Electric progresses gas it's not even going to be close race. Most of us are going to see 6 sec 1/4 mile all electric. I guarantee it.
Yeah, and it will drive itself. Buckle in like an amusement park ride. No thanks.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Like auto executives are experts at predicting the future or market trends. Did anyone bother to ask consumers (who really set market trends)? Electric cars aren't exactly flying off the shelves and the infrastructure to support them (if that's the way the market goes) is decades away.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Your mistake is thinking it matters what the consumer wants. It only matters what the government mandates. With California and Massachusetts mandating no new ICE vehicle sales after 2035, other states are soon to fall in line. Manufacturers are going to have to switch to electric to be able to legally sell cars.
This ⬆️⬆️

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
California will be empty by then, except for the uninvited guest workers, who don't pay much attention to what's legal anyway.