Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Did you ever buy something you don't need..but the deal is too good to pass up

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #101
Can you get the VIN? It can be checked from that, at least the sticker.
I'll get it @ some point..dudes gotta lot on his plate right now..

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The closest thing we have is a guy that has a RE..a HC..and a Saleen Mustang that he bought when he didn't know any better...
Most car guys like all models that are cool.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #103
Wow this thread is wandering...
Sorta like that kung foo guy on that TV show back in the day

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Me being the Ford guy and have held out buying a TRX but actually did try to get one a few months ago. Little too salty still but damn being Raptor owner and seeing the new Raptor R what a joke. The Raptor R base price starts at 109k😳. The TRX bang for the Buck blows away the Raptor R. Beyond believable and the TRX is for sure the better investment and value. So yes Demon man pick her up cause she will always have nice value. And the Raptor R in some ways gave the TRX a raise.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #105
Me being the Ford guy and have held out buying a TRX but actually did try to get one a few months ago. Little too salty still but damn being Raptor owner and seeing the new Raptor R what a joke. The Raptor R base price starts at 109k😳. The TRX bang for the Buck blows away the Raptor R. Beyond believable and the TRX is for sure the better investment and value. So yes Demon man pick her up cause she will always have nice value. And the Raptor R in some ways gave the TRX a raise.
The most difficult part of this for me is,,I have a firm belief that no man should have more than one wife...one lawn mower..one watch..one toothbrush...or one pickup...:confused::confused:;)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
The most difficult part of this for me is,,I have a firm belief that no man should have more than one wife...one lawn mower..one watch..one toothbrush...or one pickup...:confused::confused:;)
I have to disagree on a lot of those:unsure:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
One lawnmower. check.

One watch. check.

I got two toothbrushes. damn.

Does it matter if the wives belong to other men and you're just borrowing them intermittently?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I got some leeway here, not having a wife and not wearing a watch.

Also in my favor is that I only have one pickup. The 3500 has a flatbed. Oh, the M1008 used to be a pickup, but while I still have the bed, it was removed years ago.

Now, my girlfriend not only has lots of watches, but also two pickups. No wife, though.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
After both I felt the raptor was the better off road truck and the ram was the better on road truck, I would rather have the better on road truck because realistically how often are people who buy these trucks going off road?

Of the 10-20% buyers who actually go off road the trucks will spend 75-85% of their mileage on road.

Exterior - toss up ( I like both)

Exhaust - trx (raptor sounds good, like a gtr but hellcat exhaust note is one of the best stock exhausts imo) Raptor R probably makes me change my mind.

Interior - I'll give the edge to ford, layout is better and more physical buttons

Tech - trx surprisingly has hud/digital rearview mirror.... cmon ford catch up

Performance- trx on the road and raptor off the road.

Price - no brainer trx, especially since my 95k sticker was 82k + taxes and fees.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
After both I felt the raptor was the better off road truck and the ram was the better on road truck, I would rather have the better on road truck because realistically how often are people who buy these trucks going off road?

Of the 10-20% buyers who actually go off road the trucks will spend 75-85% of their mileage on road.
When so many claimed that they spent some 50% of their mileage off road, I started keeping track of my Jeep's road vs. trail percentage.

Well, in my case the trail mileage was a disappointingly low 10% or so. That's with a vehicle that was built specifically for trail usage and always trailered to camp/trail head.

Yet it makes sense. When it can take 12 hours to go 10 miles on a trail it's hard to compete with driving for 20 minutes on a road and racking up 20 miles that way.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Does it matter if the wives belong to other men and you're just borrowing them intermittently?
YEAH IT MATTERS!! That's how this thread got started in the first place!
By the way I'm screwed I have multiple riding mowers, watches and tooth brushes! I do only have one wife and one truck though! I would however have two trucks if I could find a great deal on a TRX

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Sorta like that kung foo guy on that TV show back in the day
We must be ripping up too much rice paper then :unsure:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
When so many claimed that they spent some 50% of their mileage off road, I started keeping track of my Jeep's road vs. trail percentage.

Well, in my case the trail mileage was a disappointingly low 10% or so. That's with a vehicle that was built specifically for trail usage and always trailered to camp/trail head.

Yet it makes sense. When it can take 12 hours to go 10 miles on a trail it's hard to compete with driving for 20 minutes on a road and racking up 20 miles that way.
Yeah exactly, it's the same thing with the track cars ,I'll take a gt3 over a gt3rs all day if push comes to shove, obviously I want the rs but realistically most owners get 1-2 days of track time per month in the summer and that's if they religiously use it and many parts of the country can't use a track from November to february anyway. Outside of the value perspective the gt3 will drive better on the regular roads because of the way its set up, same argument could be made for the demon versus the hellcat, outside of the availability/being rare the hellcat is better suited for roads than the demon or super stock.

To put it bluntly, People are just dumb and conditioned to buy stuff they don't need or won't really use to the full extent, obviously if you have the means to not care Don't but lots of people just waste money.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #114
I have to disagree on a lot of those:unsure:
WTF...it's only 5 things...ya gonna stick 2 toothbrushes in yer mouth...(are ya in that much of a hurry to get to work)..and how many times did ya push 2 lawnmowers @ the same time..and the only people that wear a watch on both wrists..(take the short bus to the mall)..and unless your a freak of nature..my guess..ya only got one dick..WTF you need 2 wives for...now....lets talk about the pickups...:giggle::giggle::giggle:;)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
WTF...it's only 5 things...ya gonna stick 2 toothbrushes in yer mouth...(are ya in that much of a hurry to get to work)..and how many times did ya push 2 lawnmowers @ the same time..and the only people that wear a watch on both wrists..(take the short bus to the mall)..and unless your a freak of nature..my guess..ya only got one dick..WTF you need 2 wives for...now....lets talk about the pickups...:giggle::giggle::giggle:;)
you don't have to use any of those at the same time. I have 2 snow shovels for example. One for moving a lot of snow when it is lighter and another that is mostly used at the end of the driveway being the snow is more compact from the plow going through.

Some people use a riding mower but in certain places have to use a push mower

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I could go on but you may get the picture:unsure:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I figure that I will buy as many or none at all of anything that I decide? How about you?

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #118
you don't have to use any of those at the same time. I have 2 snow shovels for example. One for moving a lot of snow when it is lighter and another that is mostly used at the end of the driveway being the snow is more compact from the plow going through.

Some people use a riding mower but in certain places have to use a push mower
Who said anything about a snow shovel..:unsure:;)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #119
So could I...sounds like you gotta lotta stuff layin round the house you dont need..you sound like my wife tellin me why she has over 200 pairs of shoes...and only 2 feet...now back to the pickup...:giggle::giggle::giggle:

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #120
I figure that I will buy as many or none at all of anything that I decide? How about you?
Stay outta this Davie..I ain't talkin to you..:LOL::LOL:;)