Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Diablo Suspension Controller

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Last edited:

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
So I guess it somehow expands the capabilities of the oem shocks? Somehow making the firmest factory setting even firmer for road course work and vice versa if you prefer to launch the car for the 1/4.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
What’s everyone’s thoughts? For 500 bucks I’d really consider ordering. For a 1000 I’ll wait for some feedback from people. An improved launch control would be nice and a few other features but they’d have to work really good for me to get it on order.

https://www.diablosport.com/shop/di...er-15-srt.html?SID=d2ar5s01k5c8jpiouq85bihtt0
I am going to be giving some thoughts. Unfortunately it will be a few months (a couple with luck on a track remote from MN) before we get on a road course. I will have it on the roads here when we can to try the easy stuff. But, I will be installing a unit in my REWB this weekend.

I will say, I did not understand much until I watched several videos both about the development and software, then listened to Porsche and Corvette owners express near disbelief in the improvements! They tell me we will see certain improvements because Dodge has not done squat to work the shocks for us. Real interest should be from everyone here in how this thing has basically a launch mode and has demonstrated real improvements in the 60’ launch times. At this point, this could be a real game changer and while the cost is a bit high, it could really be worth it too.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #4
So I guess it somehow expands the capabilities of the oem shocks? Somehow making the firmest factory setting even firmer for road course work and vice versa if you prefer to launch the car for the 1/4.
That was my initial thought but the whole YouTube video is cars at the drag strip showing what I assume is the new launch control.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
So, no that is not it. A couple of things besides the launch mode. It changes the settings on each shock independently. Imagine the possibilities?

I am beyond cautious optimism and believe these guys have something here.

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
That was my initial thought but the whole YouTube video is cars at the drag strip showing what I assume is the new launch control.
So it enables the shocks to help rock it back just for the right amount of time, much like a Demon launch.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #7
So it enables the shocks to help rock it back just for the right amount of time, much like a Demon launch.
Do you think this will give more of a benefit than the demon killer springs? I believe the springs work but as many others have said a shock or shock adjustment should really go with the springs. Hopefully they do some sort of spring sale on this unit.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I just saw Josh@HHP post on FB about it last night.
So I know some T&T will need to be done to know about the results from the track.

I'll have to see when that is happening.

Linda :)

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #9
I just saw Josh@HHP post on FB about it last night.
So I know some T&T will need to be done to know about the results from the track.

I'll have to see when that is happening.

The more I look into it and hear the more excited I get. Will Josh b using it with his HHP drag springs? I was thinking the springs were going to be the next upgrade but it seems the two should go together.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I haven't had a chance yet to talk to Josh about it yet.

Here is the description and the HHP link https://highhorseperformance.com/diablosport-suspension-controller-srt/

Description

IMPROVE TRACTION, CORNERING, AND LAUNCHES IN YOUR HELLCAT!

The all-new DiabloSport Suspension Controller is the simplest upgrade to instantly improve your suspension system in your Hellcat or SRT vehicle equipped with active suspension modes. The Suspension Controller replaces your factory controller with a simple Plug-N-Play installation. The upgraded calibration featured in the DiabloSport Suspension Controller improves handling and traction across the board by controlling the OEM shocks electronically to optimize them with performance in mind. The changes are instantly noticeable as the shocks will feel much more linear and predictable. With reduced understeer and improved handling, your car will feel planted and handle anything you throw at it, whether on the highway or the track.
The DiabloSport Suspension Controller will only work on vehicles equipped with active mode suspension. Hellcats, Redeyes, Demons and most SRT packages will include active suspension modes.
DIABLOSPORT SUSPENSION CONTROLLER FEATURES
  • REDUCES UNDERSTEER
  • IMPROVED GRIP AND WEIGHT TRANSFER
  • IMPROVED CORNERS AND OVERALL HANDLING
  • MAKES THE CAR FEEL PLANTED AND PREDICTABLE
  • CAN IMPROVE 60 FT WITH PROPER TECHNIQUE
  • OPTIMIZED PRE-LOADED MODES FROM SRT
  • LAUNCH CONTROL IMPROVED
  • SIMPLE PLUG-AND-PLAY INSTALLATION
  • 2015+ DODGE HELLCAT AND 6.4L SRT/SCATPACK SUPPORT
  • 2015+ CHRYSLER 300 6.4L SRT SUPPORT

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
CAN IMPROVE 60 FT WITH PROPER TECHNIQUE .........This is the most important thing about launching our HC's The Technique!

I'm going to ask Josh about the T&T. I wish I had the opportunity to do so and I have the HHP drag Springs installed. Here in Pa we are having snow :(

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
CAN IMPROVE 60 FT WITH PROPER TECHNIQUE .........This is the most important thing about launching our HC's The Technique!

I'm going to ask Josh about the T&T. I wish I had the opportunity to do so and I have the HHP drag Springs installed. Here in Pa we are having snow :(

They actually have a launch mode trigger routine programmed in. They have it programmed in milliseconds before it returns to normal, that is how specific the programming has been. Then if anyone wants, you can also change their program for your car, technique etc. It really sounds like a benefit for us left and right turners also. We don’t have many “new” things like this, so I am pretty fired up.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
They actually have a launch mode trigger routine programmed in. They have it programmed in milliseconds before it returns to normal, that is how specific the programming has been. Then if anyone wants, you can also change their program for your car, technique etc. It really sounds like a benefit for us left and right turners also. We don’t have many “new” things like this, so I am pretty fired up.
I was really happy to see something for your kind of Track fun!

I can't wait to hear about your results! God only knows how much we all need our racing time these days!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was really happy to see something for your kind of Track fun!

I can't wait to hear about your results! God only knows how much we all need our racing time these days!

You called me out on that thread, after that right place right time. Thanks! I’ll put it in tomorrow. Time has come to begin detailing it, checking it over, and doing just a couple of minor things. Then I’m looking for a reason to load it up and check it out. I have an alignment refinement or two also. It should feel lots better. I have beat it time and time again on the street to 60, so it may show me something quicker also. We have a good lap history on this car at a couple of good places. So those should show no BS good things.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I saw this this morning and I thought of you.
It also could be useful for some like me that don't really want to spend a ton of money to upgrade. If I could get a super stock it would likely cost me my car as trade and $60k+.
This would fix the suspension difference mostly and a simple tune and trans tune would even out the power difference over a stock RE/Super stock.
For about $3k out of pocket. Sounds like a win for me too.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
It would be interesting to see how this unit works with my front and rear shock tower brace. I think I'm going to buy one of these and find out.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
It would be interesting to see how this unit works with my front and rear shock tower brace. I think I'm going to buy one of these and find out.
It would be nice if we could see how to adjust with it. It looks like this may have gone near the top of my going to get list.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Been looking at this for a day or so. I’ve noted the OEM unit is just at $500. So you pay $500 for tuning. Hummmm

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I am very interested in this. I've always thought the cars need as much help as possible in the launch for consistency, especially on the street. As noted, a set up like this, tied in with other components, should shit can the OEM launch control in my opinion (it's just a waste of time). However, after digging in to it, I am disappointed that it appears the unit is not made for the Charger, according to their website. Now, perhaps they feel the two are essentially interchangeable and the stock tables will work for both, but I am not so sure. Don't believe they'd just make assumptions - it seems from the engineering side of things that they are top flight (at least on initial inspection). Can't wait to hear everyone's testing results.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I wonder if the OEM unit can be tuned. Can HP communicate with it? Are there tables?