Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 170, will any be 100k, probably not

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Remember back in 2015 when some original Hellcats were actually selling for over $150K. The price on the 170s will also come down to reality in time. The 170 is still just a Dodge, and far too many were built for them to command insane prices for the long term. Some guys seem to think the 170 is going to be like the next Tucker or Duesenberg at the auctions, but they are wrong.

Right now the 170 is the car to have, but soon Dodge will bless us with an entirely new electric Charger and guys will be drooling over that instead, and paying out the ass for one.:rolleyes: Hmm, ok well maybe the new Charger actually will help keep 170 prices up (some).
The '18 Demons have held fairly steady above Msrp. Guessing the 170's will behave similarly over time, maybe ride a bit higher. What other factory Stock OEM street car will pull the wheels with good prep?

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TorRed Challenger RedEye
Just got called yesterday from my local Dodge dealer. They have a "few" 170's and offered me one for 75K over. I said thanks, but no thanks and said I would consider one for MSRP. They didn't take my offer. So, I really think that if one waits long enough, a 170 will get mighty close to MSRP.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Just got called yesterday from my local Dodge dealer. They have a "few" 170's and offered me one for 75K over. I said thanks, but no thanks and said I would consider one for MSRP. They didn't take my offer. So, I really think that if one waits long enough, a 170 will get mighty close to MSRP.
Remember
2008 Mustang GT500KR

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #1,124
!st off I would have said if I were willing to pay that I would already have one. That conversation would have been fun. I would ask them what are you going to do when your gold 170s are gone and no one will want to buy a dodge since you burned that bridge. Most will have no return customers after this shit show

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #1,125
Remember
2008 Mustang GT500KR
Nope what happened? I had a 9 second mustang then so I wouldn't have been looking for an over priced 12 second car. Also was never a fan of the 05-09 body style. 2010-14 was nice

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Nope what happened? I had a 9 second mustang then so I wouldn't have been looking for an over priced 12 second car. Also was never a fan of the 05-09 body style. 2010-14 was nice
CB4BFDCC-DA0D-4FF5-A40F-16F87B1BED02.png
Equals115k in today’s inflated dollar

Last edited:

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
I have had about 5 to 10 calls on the Demon 170. The Dodge dealers act like they are doing you a favor, by offering you a chance to buy a Demon 70 to 100k over. I gave them my offer, not as low, as your offer, but close, they were miffed. I really wanted a red Demon, but I wised up before I stepped in it. I believe our '22 red Challenger Redeye will keep us happy!

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have had about 5 to 10 calls on the Demon 170. The Dodge dealers act like they are doing you a favor, by offering you a chance to buy a Demon 70 to 100k over. I gave them my offer, not as low, as your offer, but close, they were miffed. I really wanted a red Demon, but I wised up before I stepped in it. I believe our '22 red Challenger Redeye will keep us happy!
As will my '19 REWB Challenger! This old guy (76) probably wouldn't know what to do with a Demon 170. Ha! Ha!

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
As will my '19 REWB Challenger! This old guy (76) probably wouldn't know what to do with a Demon 170. Ha! Ha!
Well, old friend, my age is close to yours, but wouldn't it be fun driving around town in a red Demon 170. :devilish:

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well, old friend, my age is close to yours, but wouldn't it be fun driving around town in a red Demon 170. :devilish:
Yeah, you're probably right. I'm still a kid at heart even though my body doesn't think so.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
They are piling up everywhere.
Its still a 30k challenger with trick suspension, drag tires, and 1000hp drive train.
They did the hot rodding for you.

You can make a Hellcat run low 9s for far less than 180-200k that these dealers want for these 170s. Only the collector cares about the value of their investment and I think most of those guys have their cars at this point.

Its going to be April here in a week. Drag strips in the northern states will start to open up. It will be interesting to see if Demons start selling for more or if prices continue to fall.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
They are piling up everywhere.
Its still a 30k challenger with trick suspension, drag tires, and 1000hp drive train.
They did the hot rodding for you.

You can make a Hellcat run low 9s for far less than 180-200k that these dealers want for these 170s. Only the collector cares about the value of their investment and I think most of those guys have their cars at this point.

Its going to be April here in a week. Drag strips in the northern states will start to open up. It will be interesting to see if Demons start selling for more or if prices continue to fall.
I think that car people in general have a really bad taste in their mouth from not only Dodge corporate but the dealers themselves.

Just look at the mass firing of engineers. What does this tell you?

The constant flow of dealers being exposed for how they are ripping off people.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
These guys drink more then me

I like the MSRP

1711376861334.png

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
1711377121030.png

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
$4800 a month...

🤣😂🤣😂

Ya for 8 years

Plus taxes of 115,000

Were do I sign

1711377596714.png

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I'm buying something a little more exclusive for 385k.

I think that dealer is 12 months late for that price. Better sit on it for 20 years now

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Many ads I see posted are dropping prices
I think they will continue to drop until interest rates start coming back down
Interest rates have slowed vehicle sales & house sales over here

I went thru 3 lots yesterday
Zero financing on some models
3 to 11K off various vehicles
Lots of sales at the Ford Stellantis & GM dealers I went to

Many people are strapped with a big ass mortgage now

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Many ads I see posted are dropping prices
I think they will continue to drop until interest rates start coming back down
Interest rates have slowed vehicle sales & house sales over here

I went thru 3 lots yesterday
Zero financing on some models
3 to 11K off various vehicles
Lots of sales at the Ford Stellantis & GM dealers I went to

Many people are strapped with a big ass mortgage now
People are still moving to Florida. New construction and resales are selling as people continue to retire and move to warm weather.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
People are still moving to Florida. New construction and resales are selling as people continue to retire and move to warm weather.
My buddy built a house there recently
He goes all the time
Loves it
Wants me to go in April
I have been 2 times
I m good