Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 170 Class Action Lawsuit

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #61
Class Action lawsuits are filed all the time with most going nowhere.

It's a "throw shit up against the wall and see what sticks" deal.

Sit back, watch and enjoy your popcorn.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Maybe there is some confusion here, I am not asking for your help regarding an actual or potential lawsuit regarding claimed performance of a Demon170. I am aware of many cars from the factory that exceed 150 mph so I question your statement regarding some Federal organization limiting the speed of automobiles. Heck even a 2018 Demon with the non-crate PCM exceeded 150 mph (with the crate PCM installed, 213 mph based on youtube videos). I do believe it was limited to 162 mph due to the drag radials. Some factory cars exceed 200 mph today, right off the showroom floor.

I am a little surprised at your hostility in some of your responses, but it is what it is. Some of the emails from SRT regarding this subject I posted, were obtained from RacerX video regarding the subject (yes, I know, another youtuber).

Stay positive, as my grandmother used to say, "it will all work out in the wash".
If you thought I was hostile last I apologize. Thought you had thicker skin. On the speed rating I think if you drill down starting with the NHTSA you will find the answer as to why Dodge speed limited the car based on the tires they sell on it.

If you want tonight when I am bored I can reply to your other posts. I really don’t give a shit about this. Yes, I can have an opinion, the Demon is an over priced piece of shit. You and I know others who can out run one in their modified Redeyes, Hellcats or even as you know an electric piece of shit or two and spend a fraction of the cost of a Demon 170. Got to go make some cash, later.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Class Action lawsuits are filed all the time with most going nowhere.

It's a "throw shit up against the wall and see what sticks" deal.

Sit back, watch and enjoy your popcorn.
Are you back from Columbia? Teeth in good shape or is that up and coming?

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #64
Are you back from Columbia? Teeth in good shape or is that up and coming?
That was in December.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #66
LOL, wow, sorry for being 5 months behind,
I need to go back. Not sure when it's going to happen.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Probably regretting their 92 month $5k payment. The plaintiffs gets money, and the lawyers. Class action suits are garbage. You’ll have maybe 3 plaintiffs in this case. Everyone else will get $30, or a set of street tires, flash, and sign a waiver. I could see dodge offering that, maybe.
They aint gettin nothin...siut wll be dismissed

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I admit, I did not read all the posts in the last 24hr, it all sounded too much like speculation on class action suits, which we all know, benefit the attys more than anyone.

I once got letter about a class action against the airlines. I received a handful of pretty much worthless vouchers. I think the atty's got more than vouchers.

If Dodge advertised a 170 would go 215 and that was one of the reasons I bought it, I'd be unhappy. The damage would be the cost of the car. Would I accept a full refund and return the car? Probably not.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Safety alert my ass. Scum sucking lawyers. Any 170 owner who participates is just as big a shit eating cockroach as they are.
I have to agree %100. I am personally am sick People without any common sense and lawyers who will take them down the rabbit hole of Frivolous lawsuits!

It is such a typical thing these days, to twist the words and create a narrative, which sounds as good as Paperwork Marketing that a Nag1 has 1500 HP!

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
If you thought I was hostile last I apologize. Thought you had thicker skin. On the speed rating I think if you drill down starting with the NHTSA you will find the answer as to why Dodge speed limited the car based on the tires they sell on it.

If you want tonight when I am bored I can reply to your other posts. I really don’t give a shit about this. Yes, I can have an opinion, the Demon is an over priced piece of shit. You and I know others who can out run one in their modified Redeyes, Hellcats or even as you know an electric piece of shit or two and spend a fraction of the cost of a Demon 170. Got to go make some cash, later.
I have read a lot of your posts over the years and I don't recall you having such a strong opinion, nor having such a negative view of a challenger model on something that is pure speculation. Lets see what happens, if anything.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have read a lot of your posts over the years and I don't recall you having such a strong opinion, nor having such a negative view of a challenger model on something that is pure speculation. Let’s see what happens, if anything.
Nothing will happen, go back and read my posts. Even if that small little tiny legal firm in S. Florida that has never handled a national case successfully can find enough Plaintiffs to represent, think about my proposed questions for the defense.

I think that item is overpriced. I can say that. This is the USA? What, you want to argue about my opinion or is that too hostile of a question, Cole?

You responded to everyone of us who don’t think even if the suit is real is going anywhere. Go look again, I just don’t give up especially sitting in a hotel with nothing else to do on this business trip. I could give a shit. I attempted to help you last night but your posts suggested you know about Class Action lawsuits, but we received no posts to indicate you do, I was attempting to explain and help you and others before you get your hopes up about receiving royalties from a lawsuit that even the bullshit poster on UTube has now admitted he did not verify. Go look at the comment to my post last night. That dude has a click bait deal going, he don’t know shit.

I think a lot of this Forum and don’t want us to fall for bullshit or tell the world bullshit is all. Now like I said about 24 hours and four pages ago, carry on. Look at the quality of what David cut and pasted. Capital letters on each word? Looks like some shit in those mails telling you someone has three million dollars they found for you in Somalia.

Let’s get back to talking about cars in other threads.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #73
Nothing will happen, go back and read my posts. Even if that small little tiny legal firm in S. Florida that has never handled a national case successfully can find enough Plaintiffs to represent, think about my proposed questions for the defense.

I think that item is overpriced. I can say that. This is the USA? What, you want to argue about my opinion or is that too hostile of a question, Cole?

You responded to everyone of us who don’t think even if the suit is real is going anywhere. Go look again, I just don’t give up especially sitting in a hotel with nothing else to do on this business trip. I could give a shit. I attempted to help you last night but your posts suggested you know about Class Action lawsuits, but we received no posts to indicate you do, I was attempting to explain and help you and others before you get your hopes up about receiving royalties from a lawsuit that even the bullshit poster on UTube has now admitted he did not verify. Go look at the comment to my post last night. That dude has a click bait deal going, he don’t know shit.

I think a lot of this Forum and don’t want us to fall for bullshit or tell the world bullshit is all. Now like I said about 24 hours and four pages ago, carry on. Look at the quality of what David cut and pasted. Capital letters on each word? Looks like some shit in those mails telling you someone has three million dollars they found for you in Somalia.

I never thought that this would get so many panties in a bunch?.?.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I never thought that this would get so many panties in a bunch?.?.
You are the only one among us who has a big interest or wear ”panties”. You don’t post here much but for some reason you want to be mildly entertaining here. I got until I need to sleep in a while. So I’ll respond. You must own one of the subject overpriced items?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Stellantis will spend millions on attys defending the frivolous suit. Any settlement will go to the carpet bagging plaintiff attys. Winners = attys. Losers = car buying public. Stellantis will bake these costs into the products they sell.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Can’t agree more. Like I said this is most stupid. They will simply and at worst mediate to offer any one of these babies back their cash for a virgin car back or they will depreciate their offer and tell them to hit the road.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
There are a couple of things to consider in this whole debacle. I'll start with the car itself before I get into the legal aspects.

1.) car was sold and advertised under the guise that it was the fastest car ever at 215 mph. If this is not the case then it is blatant false advertising and probably a slam dunk summary judgement in a courtroom.
2.) stay the fuck away from my MPH, the only people that need to be concerned about my MPH are me and me alone. Shimming some guesstimate about 1320' of travel and then artificially limiting my MPH is straight up dangerous. Lets say the car gets to 160mph some way and then all of a sudden the car has to be brought to 149... how? cut ignition? when suspensions unload at higher speed things can get sideways quick...
3.) if you bought the car under guise #1 and want to legitimately do texas mile or airstrip attacks once you have changed tires you should be able to change modes, if not then dodge needs to compensate you or return the car for full price and be offered a widebody RE at a severe discount

now lets get into the legal aspects of it
1.) the lawfirm should have done due diligence, ensured that damages will be paid out, this lawfirm has a record of winning so who knows where this goes, chances are a lawyer at the firm bought one and got pissed off when he found this 🤣 after paying 50k adm.
2.) i wasn't able to find a filing in any FL courts with a docket number so there's that...
3.) if the judge certs it due to #1 above it will be sent to arbitration and dodge will have to come to the table with something

I think that Dodge should have made available the option to go faster as advertised with a simple press of a button. TBH I was unaware that the car was limited to over 149 for a brief window, as well as probably 99.9% of the buyers, they don't let you read the manual before hand to uncover this fuckery. However there is precedent for this, dodge straight up tells you with the Super Stock it is MPH limited.

At the end of the day I have no sympathy for Demon 170 owners and I have no sympathy for Stellantis, both deserve to get fucked. 🤣

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle

Not here to argue about your opinion, I posted what I had, that is the extent of it. Thanks for trying to help me last night, I know you mean well. I never said I was expert on class action lawsuits.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks Cole, drive ‘em safe.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #80
You are the only one among us who has a big interest or wear ”panties”. You don’t post here much but for some reason you want to be mildly entertaining here. I got until I need to sleep in a while. So I’ll respond. You must own one of the subject overpriced items?
I do this for my own entertainment and as a distraction. If you choose to join in, that's up to you.