Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Delayed Transmission Engagement into Drive Then Jerks Into Gear

Member ID
Reactions
City
Arleta
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Charger Hellcat WB
I have a 2022 Dodge charger hellcat WB I am having issues when I go from park into drive theres a delay and then a jerk then kicks into gear I took it to the dealership I had the two different techs ride in the car with me so I could duplicate the issue both said there was a problem I left the vehicle at the dealership yesterday then I get a text from the service advisors saying that there is nothing wrong with the car that the techs cannot duplicate the problem when they test drove it.
I can 100% duplicate the problem but this dealership has been playing games saying there is no codes and the car is good. Is there anyone who can guide me in the right direction to solve this problem thank you guys.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I have a 2022 Dodge charger hellcat WB I am having issues when I go from park into drive theres a delay and then a jerk then kicks into gear I took it to the dealership I had the two different techs ride in the car with me so I could duplicate the issue both said there was a problem I left the vehicle at the dealership yesterday then I get a text from the service advisors saying that there is nothing wrong with the car that the techs cannot duplicate the problem when they test drove it.
I can 100% duplicate the problem but this dealership has been playing games saying there is no codes and the car is good. Is there anyone who can guide me in the right direction to solve this problem thank you guys.
Go to a different dealership.
You are not required to go to the one that sold you the vehicle.
Good luck

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Go to a different dealership.
You are not required to go to the one that sold you the vehicle.
Good luck
As they say in China Town...Sum Ting Wong.....

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
My 22 SS will shift hard into second after every first start. I haven't checked yet but as I'm typing this, maybe I should check the fluid for full. Have you checked yours? All ok? I'd assume the dealer checked but who knows.

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody
My 22 SS will shift hard into second after every first start. I haven't checked yet but as I'm typing this, maybe I should check the fluid for full. Have you checked yours? All ok? I'd assume the dealer checked but who knows.
This is normal. It's happened on every Dodge/Jeep I've owned with the ZF in it.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
There is no dipstick to simply check the fluid. The trans is not serviceable. If there is a problem with it, they will just replace it…once they check to make sure it has not been modified or messed with.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Sell it and buy the new CHARGER EV no delayed engagements 😂

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
How long is the delay ?? The redeye was known for a slight delay into drive

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
There is no dipstick to simply check the fluid. The trans is not serviceable. If there is a problem with it, they will just replace it…once they check to make sure it has not been modified or messed with.
Well that makes sense. I read that before and totally forgot. Thanks!

OP
El Compa Gato
Member ID
Reactions
City
Arleta
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
I checked everything myself and the problem could be duplicated every time I drive it but they said nothing is wrong with it no codes come up but The problem is still there I drove it with the Foreman Tech and he said their was a problem now he said he can’t duplicate the problem

OP
El Compa Gato
Member ID
Reactions
City
Arleta
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
The delay is like 2 to 3 seconds it never did this until like 6 months ago but the dealership says theres no problem

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
The delay is like 2 to 3 seconds it never did this until like 6 months ago but the dealership says theres no problem
2-3 SECONDS IS PROBLY LONGER THEN IVE SEEN BUT I DO KNOW THEY SEEM TO DEVELOPE THE DELAY ,,HOW MANY MILES ON IT AND IS IS ROAD HARD ??

ITS POSSIBLE THE A PRESSURE PLATE HAS BOWED AND IS CAUSING YOUR ISSUE THERES AN UPDATE PLATE WHICH IS SIMULAR TO THE TRACKHAWK THAT CURES THAT ISSUE

OP
El Compa Gato
Member ID
Reactions
City
Arleta
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
The car has 26k miles all stock I daily the car but I don't run it to the ground I love the car don't get me wrong but this is one of like 6 problems I have had from check engine light to activate exhaust going out on me twice being replaced to drive shaft snapping to brakes and rotors popping when I turn left and right and now this transmission ussue

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
They should be able to do a relearn on it and see if that helps.

What is wrong with people anymore?

OP
El Compa Gato
Member ID
Reactions
City
Arleta
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15
FCA scheduled another dealership to take a look at the issue since the last dealership is saying the car is good and no codes come up
But when the Foreman Tech test drove it with me the car delayed and then jerked into gear
This Autonation Dodge dealerships in Valencia is a Joke

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
FCA scheduled another dealership to take a look at the issue since the last dealership is saying the car is good and no codes come up
But when the Foreman Tech test drove it with me the car delayed and then jerked into gear
This Autonation Dodge dealerships in Valencia is a Joke
@DodgeCares

OP
El Compa Gato
Member ID
Reactions
City
Arleta
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
Copy you I will reach out to @DodgeCares

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Mine has a slight delay into drive and reverse. 1 second. Makes me mad I can’t even shut the car into drive or reverse for a few seconds after starting the car (shifter locked)

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Copy you I will reach out to @DodgeCares
@Hunter was notifying @DodgeCares because they do read our forum.

While you are at the dealership, be sure to ask if there are any recalls TSB that need to be done.

https://moparinsiders.com/recall-2022-dodge-challenger-dodge-charger-chrysler-300-cars-tpms-sensors/

Most people have complained about the downshifting being hard.

What are your SRT settings that you are using to drive in?
Some people have used "Sport" mode and have had a less problem with the hard up shifts, but was great at WOT.

~Linda :)

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Mine has a slight delay into drive and reverse. 1 second. Makes me mad I can’t even shut the car into drive or reverse for a few seconds after starting the car (shifter locked)
IF THE CAR IS MODIFY AND THE IDLE DROPS TO LOW IT WILL CAUSE A DELAY AND POSSIBLE SHIFT LIGHT TO START BLINKING ,,USUALLYHAPPENS IF IT DROPS BELOW 500 RPMS