Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The spring chat reminds me I need to grab a set for mine this year.

Wonder what the difference from Demon to D170 is in that department? And isn't the super stock essentially a demon without the badge or did they get the "regular" springs?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
The spring chat reminds me I need to grab a set for mine this year.

Wonder what the difference from Demon to D170 is in that department? And isn't the super stock essentially a demon without the badge or did they get the "regular" springs?
Its a Redeye with 807hp rating instead of 797hp rating.
The Demon wheels/tires
And I think they may have adjusted the suspension tuning for drag racing vs what the Hellcat was. Im not sure on the last one.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Yep, those work also. Those are tall, that thing could be interesting with those. I think that is about as tall as it can get in a 20“. Pirelli makes about the only other than SUV in that size, other than the Conti’s. He can and will probably need a second-replacement set someday.;)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Yep, those work also. Those are tall, that thing could be interesting with those. I think that is about as tall as it can get in a 20“. Pirelli makes about the only other than SUV in that size, other than the Conti’s. He can and will probably need a second-replacement set someday.;)
stock M/Ts are 29.4

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #545
I like the 305/40/20 at 29.6" but most seem to be suv tires. I'll have to research tires to see what might give "some" grip. Don't wanna have to take spare drawers everytime I go for a drive.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I like the 305/40/20 at 29.6" but most seem to be suv tires. I'll have to research tires to see what might give "some" grip. Don't wanna have to take spare drawers everytime I go for a drive.
I put cheap tires on mine cause even nittos don't have a lot of grip once you get up there in power and they will last more then a year. @16GoManGoHC2 runs some contenantials and said they hooked better then the nittos

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I've literally ran what used to be 83 dollar ebay special Cosmo MuchoMacho's on all 4 corners on standard 20x9.5 hellcat wheels for 2-3 seasons before changing them towards the end of the summer. They're now about 140. Thanks biden!

83 or 583. At 900+ wheel they all make the same smoke.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I've literally ran what used to be 83 dollar ebay special Cosmo MuchoMacho's on all 4 corners on standard 20x9.5 hellcat wheels for 2-3 seasons before changing them towards the end of the summer. They're now about 140. Thanks biden!

I put those on the daytona when my lease was up. Only drove it a little bit with them but they felt odd

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I put those on the daytona when my lease was up. Only drove it a little bit with them but they felt odd
Mine were roadforced and all balanced out with less than 1.5oz IIRC. They've been 185mph and just as stable as the pirelli's that came on the car.

The Accelera iota or whatever they are now. Got on special for under 110 ea. They're 106XL and Y rated. Haven't taken these quite THAT fast but I'm pretty sure they've seen 160. Smooth as glass. Both examples handle adverse weather well and also handled the little extra weight over the back from the trailer without a problem.

I probably just got lucky twice but as quick as these eat tires I'm not gonna put 400 dollar skins on em unless we're at the track.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
You guys know you just can’t really use what you really have on the streets anyway. I have seen most people think those Continentals work pretty well. It will make a bit of difference that they are tall also. Speedy I understand you are just looking for eye appealing rubber that will work on the street to cruise in. Those 315’s or these tall 305’s seem to be the limit. For my road course duty believe me, I have racked my brain on 20” rubber sizes. Either one will work unless you go with a DR type of tire, but then you give up driving in a surprise rain or even have to be more careful ona cool day.

I drive mine with those big 345’s, hell it will still smoke ‘em at 100 if you really want. So there is no magic pill. Even the giant Cup 2’s can get interesting at big power levels, and I use 12” wide wheels and 345’s there also. I have needed to “lift” at well over 100 more than once. But Jon knows magic or some shit.:love:

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Throw some cosmetic shackles on the back and pretend it's the 70s again...

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #552
This is a quick and dirty photoshop job. A 305/40R20 is 4.1% larger in diameter than the 305/35R20 that's from the original picture. I selected the rubber and enlarged it 4.1% to simulate a 305/40R20 tire. Looks much better!

simulated_305-40-20.jpg

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

I have Arturo’s now from when they were cheap, decent cheap tire.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
This is a quick and dirty photoshop job. A 305/40R20 is 4.1% larger in diameter than the 305/35R20 that's from the original picture. I selected the rubber and enlarged it 4.1% to simulate a 305/40R20 tire. Looks much better!

View attachment 130946
Looks real. We’re all doomed

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
When Dodge
Built my race car for me
Dodge picked out and
set aside the strongest
differential they had for it.

They knew my car needed to
Go Rounds
at the drag strip.

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle

View attachment 130946
Mickey Thompson has the 305/45/r17 et street (not the r, flame pattern). Might fill that up well and be good for street driving

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
Mickey Thompson has the 305/45/r17 et street (not the r, flame pattern). Might fill that up well and be good for street driving
That would look terrible. Those are 1.5" shorter than stock.

NJ_Redeye

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Audubon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
Was at the dealer the other day and this gem was in the showroom. It's a 1970 Toyota FJ40 with a LT1 Corvette V8 swap with a 4speed manual! I couldn't resist!
View attachment 128404 View attachment 128405

No, I'm kidding but I did really like the FJ. Some of you remember back when I posted about Go Man Go getting stolen, @Hatermkr asked if I wanted him to ping Tim K. to see if he could help me locate something. I said sure but figured he'd just say go check the HP locator. Well, like 10 minutes later I get Tim's email, he asked for my phone number, and 15 minutes later he called me. I about fell over. He remembered me from CDM I think, asked about what happened to the car and we just chatted for a few. At the end of the call, he asks who my favorite local dealer was and asked if I'd be interested in a Demon 170 if he could find an allocation. Well.....it showed up yesterday, so THANK YOU Jim.

I'm still in the "did this actually happen" stage. I've only told a few people as I didn't wanna jinx myself and thanks to those that kept it a secret.

I was honestly worried I wouldn't like the flares in the back, or how it drove. For what these cost I HAD to love it.

When it got delivered my tech buddy at the dealer texted me a pic of it coming off the trailer as he was getting it for PDI. I jumped in the 4Runner and went to see. When I saw it in the shop I got cold chills and about fell over. Pictures don't do them justice honestly. Driving home, Auto feels more like Sport that I remember in the Hellcat. Very good on the road and I swear it feels more refined than the Hellcat did. Maybe 7 year newer materials, etc. It's quieter just cruising for example, but when you let off the throttle is crackles and pops A LOT which made me laugh.

Had 8 miles on it when I picked it up, and shockingly clean. I told the dealer not to wash it I'd handle that myself. Detailed the interior last night and hope the weather cooperates so I can wash it tomorrow. Went through and carefully removed any labels and bar codes, cataloged them, and put them on a piece of paper I'll get laminated. Oddly, window sticker was NOT in the car so dealer ordered me a replacement.

I plan to drive it A LOT and hit hit the track opening weekend in March. Now to find a street tire/wheel setup. I'm thinking of the Discount Tire Hellcat Widebody 2 that come in 20x9 and 20x11.

Congrats Man!

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Interesting video Demonology posted on tire spin. Says its spinning 12-16 inches. Car needs beadlocks I find it hard to believe Dodge didnt notice the bad tire spin when testing.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Interesting video Demonology posted on tire spin. Says its spinning 12-16 inches. Car needs beadlocks I find it hard to believe Dodge didnt notice the bad tire spin when testing.

NO beadlocks are street legal. None.