Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
I will say that the day you were at my house was a bad day for me. I should have been more cordial.
It’s all good. You really did not want to sell it’s like a chapter closing

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Beautiful and congrats, well deserved!

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
With all the Tim K bashing that has gone on over here due to the electric crap and other things, I have to say that Tim K helping you and that soldier get a 170 has revived some of my respect for the man and the whole "Brotherhood of Muscle" thing. This is just such a great end to a horrible story!

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I plan to drive it A LOT
Just don't park it anywhere before you get a /really/ good security system.
Too bad trunk monkeys aren't real.

But that's really awesome--glad to see you back in the game.

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
Wow, just Wow! I'm jealous.
Good for you.

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
Speedy...so happy to see this! Congrats and enjoy that beast!!! Was heartbroken and pissed off when GoManGo got ripped off.

That closed door opened another with some magic from @Hatermkr and Tim. There is still some good in the world.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It’s all good. You really did not want to sell it’s like a chapter closing
It was.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
With all the Tim K bashing that has gone on over here due to the electric crap and other things, I have to say that Tim K helping you and that soldier get a 170 has revived some of my respect for the man and the whole "Brotherhood of Muscle" thing. This is just such a great end to a horrible story!
This has softened my opinion on them, for sure.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Congrats j @Speedy!

Challengerfest is going to be Extra Special this Year!

The Racing 4 Vet Guys will be impressed!

A Good Deed Deserves another!

~Linda

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Congrats! That’s one well deserved happy ending. Looking forward to new videos.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
G
Was at the dealer the other day and this gem was in the showroom. It's a 1970 Toyota FJ40 with a LT1 Corvette V8 swap with a 4speed manual! I couldn't resist!
View attachment 128404 View attachment 128405

No, I'm kidding but I did really like the FJ. Some of you remember back when I posted about Go Man Go getting stolen, @Hatermkr asked if I wanted him to ping Tim K. to see if he could help me locate something. I said sure but figured he'd just say go check the HP locator. Well, like 10 minutes later I get Tim's email, he asked for my phone number, and 15 minutes later he called me. I about fell over. He remembered me from CDM I think, asked about what happened to the car and we just chatted for a few. At the end of the call, he asks who my favorite local dealer was and asked if I'd be interested in a Demon 170 if he could find an allocation. Well.....it showed up yesterday, so THANK YOU Jim.

I'm still in the "did this actually happen" stage. I've only told a few people as I didn't wanna jinx myself and thanks to those that kept it a secret.

I was honestly worried I wouldn't like the flares in the back, or how it drove. For what these cost I HAD to love it.

When it got delivered my tech buddy at the dealer texted me a pic of it coming off the trailer as he was getting it for PDI. I jumped in the 4Runner and went to see. When I saw it in the shop I got cold chills and about fell over. Pictures don't do them justice honestly. Driving home, Auto feels more like Sport that I remember in the Hellcat. Very good on the road and I swear it feels more refined than the Hellcat did. Maybe 7 year newer materials, etc. It's quieter just cruising for example, but when you let off the throttle is crackles and pops A LOT which made me laugh.

Had 8 miles on it when I picked it up, and shockingly clean. I told the dealer not to wash it I'd handle that myself. Detailed the interior last night and hope the weather cooperates so I can wash it tomorrow. Went through and carefully removed any labels and bar codes, cataloged them, and put them on a piece of paper I'll get laminated. Oddly, window sticker was NOT in the car so dealer ordered me a replacement.

I plan to drive it A LOT and hit hit the track opening weekend in March. Now to find a street tire/wheel setup. I'm thinking of the Discount Tire Hellcat Widebody 2 that come in 20x9 and 20x11.

Good For you!!!! So glad everything worked out

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
Congratulations very very nice!!!! and love the color too

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
@Speedy! so glad to read this. Today has been a great day and this makes it even better. Congrats. I know you will have exactly the fun everyone should with it.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
CONGRATULATIONS 🍾🎉 @Speedy!
MUCHO HAPPY the bad worked out to be good for you!! 👍🏻👍🏻
Now you can get back to posting some interesting stuff here and making some cool new videos!!

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Congrats! At the last minute, TK decided to right a few wrongs with this

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #36
Thanks everybody, still can't really believe it if I'm honest. My favorite cars have all had stories and this one's a doosey.

I was in a real bad place after Go Man Go was found chopped up. I've never been that angry for that long in my life and just thankful for Mrs. Speedy, dogs, family, and friends that kept me from going over the deep end. The dogs could tell something was up and wouldn't leave my side.

This opportunity came up and helped give me something to focus on and look forward to and soften the blow a bit as it were. Having said that, I did love Go Man Go and as awesome as this 170 is, it has some big shoes to fill.

As for a name, I've been thinking about that. Maybe "FORT KNOX" after I'm done with security :ROFLMAO:

For options I did the premium group which is basically one stop shopping for all the amenities you'd expect for a street car with the heated/cooled leather seats, heated steering wheel, upgraded stereo with subwoofer, tech package, trunk liner, etc. I did the rear seat delete. Red seat belts.

I was torn on the graphics. Crew Chief Greg said to do the hood graphic which is all I'd want but I couldn't decide. I was assigned an SRT Concierge and she called to check on things and she said and I quote "the hood looks bad ass in black" so I added that, and glad I did.

She had heard what happened to Go Man Go and said she saw pictures. She asked me what VIN number I wanted, so I got to actually pick that which was awesome. They were already in the high 1900s so I picked 2023 since it's a 2023 car. I would have gotten 1320 otherwise :)

And yes, Tim K. was just a normal car guy on the phone with me. We talked about how these aren't "just cars" and that people like us got it. At first I asked if there was any chance of a Redeye 170, that's when he asked if I'd want a Demon 170. He was straight with me and said no guarantees and that if the strike happened all bets were off for everyone. I emailed him a pic of the car yesterday and told him thanks. He replied that he was glad it all worked out and to get RFHUB locked immediately, which was done during PDI.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Please come to the rescue with a stock hp tuners read and ethanol sensor part number lol

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States