Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Cutting 1.1x 60's

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Great info as always Z.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The Menscer coilovers helped a ton, front and rear. However if you get coilovers for the rear, the wheel has to be spaced out quite a bit to not rub.
What would be your thoughts on doing front Mencers without the rears? or would the factory Suspension not work properly in the rear without the fronts connected?

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #23
What would be your thoughts on doing front Mencers without the rears? or would the factory Suspension not work properly in the rear without the fronts connected?
Honestly, I think rear shocks are more important than the front. I've spent significantly more time studying and adjusting rear suspension. If you've studied any of my vids, you'll notice nearly every shot taken is mainly focused on the back tire. That's how important it is to me to see what's going on back there.

Early on, I tested a configuration where I had stock front shocks with demon springs and Menscer rears shocks with demon springs. I used shock delete plugs from Shock Delete Engineering to allow me to change the front shock stiffness in UConnect. That setup worked out surprisingly well however going full coil over front and rear gave me more control with a little less weight up front so that's ultimately why I have what I have now.

Side note, I'm not sure if SDE has solved for an issue I experienced but with those shock delete plugs. The suspension would error out and default to sport or street after 2 minutes or 2 miles or driving, I forgot which. Not an issue at the track since it hardly happened at the track but can be annoying for a daily driver if something like that bothers you.

Last edited:

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Honestly, I think rear shocks are more important than the front. I've spent significantly more time studying and adjusting rear suspension. If you've studied any of my vids, you'll notice nearly every shot taken is mainly focused on the back tire. That's how important it is to me to see what's going on back there.

Early on, I tested a configuration where I had stock front shocks with demon springs and Menscer rears shocks with demon springs. I used shock delete plugs from Shock Delete Engineering to allow me to change the front shock stiffness in UConnect. That setup worked out surprisingly well however going full coil over front and rear gave me more control with a little less weight up front so that's ultimately why I have what I have now.

Side note, I'm not sure if SDE has solved for an issue I experienced but with those shock delete plugs. The suspension would error out and default to sport or street after 2 minutes or 2 miles or driving, I forgot which. Not an issue at the track since it hardly happened at the track but can be annoying for a daily driver if something like that bothers you.

Mainly thinking about what's next for my setup. similar to Fumanchu I have:
Full AAD setup.
BMR Cradle Lockout
HHP rear demon spring. stock hellcat front spring.
track suspension setting.
Leave off idle.
315/60r15 ET Street Radial Pro
P4D Dirs
front diff brace.

Installed a Sipple trans with customer converter yesterday.