Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Considering hellcat durango

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #41
Thank you sir

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I can't tell you how many times my Wife and I have been out somewhere in the Hellcat and I get out do to something like get the mail.

When I get back in I have to listen to her imitate the "Key fob not detected" chime for 5 minutes because I "abused" her with it.

I don't like to put it in the cup holders (because), but it there was a dedicated spot for it, I think that would be cool.

:)
I can relate....I always have the fob in my pocket..a few weeks ago we were in my truck..I stopped in the cigar store..(she wont go in..hates the smell of smoke)...ended up shootin the breeze a little too long I guess...I come out..and the bitchin starts...she said I've been listening to the fob warning for 20 minutes...I said why didn't ya just turn the truck off...she said it's 27 degrees out you idiot...and so it goes...;)

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Going to start looking and talking with dealers tomorrow.

Would be really sad to see the Charger hit the road, and the Expo EL for that matter, but I think I'd use the DHC more and given that I do not drag race essentially at all, the AWD and great street launch draw me immensely. As does the upper, lower, and tune equals ~1100....

If anyone has a dealer that has really treated them well, or moves a lot of HCs at good prices, point me that way. I shipped the Charger almost 450 miles or can go get it. (Almost made the drive to get it with one of my buddies who has PTSD but he couldn't take off.)
How far are you willing to go? I see youre in TX. My dealer has treated me very well and I could flip you his way but he's in MA. Kind of far for you. Let me know and I'll call him if you want.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #44
I can't tell you how many times my Wife and I have been out somewhere in the Hellcat and I get out do to something like get the mail.

When I get back in I have to listen to her imitate the "Key fob not detected" chime for 5 minutes because I "abused" her with it.

I don't like to put it in the cup holders (because), but it there was a dedicated spot for it, I think that would be cool.

:)

Mine does not talk. It just puts up a "fob has left the vehicle" text

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Mine does not talk. It just puts up a "fob has left the vehicle" text

Mine doesn't actually speak, but that's the message displayed along with an unyielding chime.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Trackhawk
I recommend you keep your search in Texas, otherwise, you have to go through a lot of red tape when you bring a vehicle in from outside Texas, plus--for new vehicles delivered in Texas, you get two years before the vehicle has to be inspected, but if you bring one in from outside, you only get one year . . . ask me how I know . . .

There are a LOT of dealers in Texas, and most likely you will be able to find one that will take your order without question, and you might even be able to get one for less than MSRP, just check around the Texas dealers . . .

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #47
After about two phone calls by my employee I've got the local dealership down to MSRP, no ADM, and any and all Dodge incentives that apply. And I have not met with them yet. As some might recall, the GM at this complex has a napoleon complex and is dislikes me intensely since I made them pay for some damage they did in the first 15 seconds (I'm not kidding) after taking my keys. Getting all this in writing, essentially. I found a few other prospect texas dealership who appear ready to deal. We'll see what happens. I might even let them give me a valuation on the Charger and the white EL.

looking for phone book.gif

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
After about two phone calls by my employee I've got the local dealership down to MSRP, no ADM, and any and all Dodge incentives that apply. And I have not met with them yet. As some might recall, the GM at this complex has a napoleon complex and is dislikes me intensely since I made them pay for some damage they did in the first 15 seconds (I'm not kidding) after taking my keys. Getting all this in writing, essentially. I found a few other prospect texas dealership who appear ready to deal. We'll see what happens. I might even let them give me a valuation on the Charger and the white EL.

View attachment 35530 Durango
Looks like in no time at all...your gonna be stylin in a new HC Durango...I can see it now...dark sunglasses..chewin gum..aloof to all admiring eyes..the smug manifestation of the arrogance of affluence ..young men will envy you..middle age women will question their fidelity...could you be so vain as to consider these scenarios as the motivating factor for such a less than practical vehicle...or do you just wanna go fast:unsure::unsure::unsure:

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #49
haha... go fast while towing bar-b-que grill

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Looks like in no time at all...your gonna be stylin in a new HC Durango...I can see it now...dark sunglasses..chewin gum..aloof to all admiring eyes..the smug manifestation of the arrogance of affluence ..young men will envy you..middle age women will question their fidelity...could you be so vain as to consider these scenarios as the motivating factor for such a less than practical vehicle...or do you just wanna go fast:unsure::unsure::unsure:
Well stated my man

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
haha... go fast while towing bar-b-que grill
I fear you are being less then candid my good man...nevertheless the scenario I put forth...is now scribed in the fleshy tablets of your brain.. inevitably it will become your destiny...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
After about two phone calls by my employee I've got the local dealership down to MSRP, no ADM, and any and all Dodge incentives that apply.
Well, whoopee! Must be nice to have that kind of money.

Had you asked me (okay, you did, in a roundabout way) I could've told you where we ordered the TRX and got $8,713 off of MSRP.
But you've never stopped here while driving by, so I didn't tell you.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Had you asked me (okay, you did, in a roundabout way) I could've told you where we ordered the TRX and got $8,713 off of MSRP.
Ouch...that Hurts...and them rich guys on here...they don't care bout money...(elitist bastards...)

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #54

Lol, no deals been done yet, please feel.free to enlighten me. As noted I am always down for a dealer who is willing to deal. And not bc i have money, quite the opposite. Got to save what little i have.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #55
I fear you are being less then candid my good man...nevertheless the scenario I put forth...is now scribed in the fleshy tablets of your brain.. inevitably it will become your destiny...
Nope, as stated I is poor folk. Middle class actually, I know we are better off than many people by dint of work, but by far not a money bag. But I can justify it based on exactly what I said above: I can eliminate two cars and replace w one. I can tow almost as.much w DHC as expedition el, and launch as well as the CHC. Will lose the top end and quarter mile but I never take the car to the track anyway. And I think it will hold value as well as or better. And lastly, pulley and tune away from 1100 or so, if you really want to go fast. And that AWD has proven in the TH that it can handle the increase wo automatically grenading....

Hell it might just make sense if we can have a good first quarter.

Trying to build a new building and get out of one I am renting, and need to add on to house. And repair driveway switchback in New Mexico. Sucks. I try and manage money well but I really need the addition on my house. Anyone want to loan me money?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Nope, as stated I is poor folk. Middle class actually, I know we are better off than many people by dint of work, but by far not a money bag. But I can justify it based on exactly what I said above: I can eliminate two cars and replace w one. I can tow almost as.much w DHC as expedition el, and launch as well as the CHC. Will lose the top end and quarter mile but I never take the car to the track anyway. And I think it will hold value as well as or better. And lastly, pulley and tune away from 1100 or so, if you really want to go fast. And that AWD has proven in the TH that it can handle the increase wo automatically grenading....

Hell it might just make sense if we can have a good first quarter.

Trying to build a new building and get out of one I am renting, and need to add on to house. And repair driveway switchback in New Mexico. Sucks. I try and manage money well but I really need the addition on my house. Anyone want to loan me money?
Funny thing about money...in the mid 80's my business was in trouble...(it was a difficult time for our industry)..lending institutions looked at me as a social leper....now that I don't need their money...well you get it...they all offer to sell me their money...

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #58
Ouch...that Hurts...and them rich guys on here...they don't care bout money...(elitist bastards...)
Says the guy with motorcycles mounted on walls

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #59
If I get to set the interest rate, sure.
I customarily get negative interest rates from the bank

the power of the lord.gif

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #60
Funny thing about money...in the mid 80's my business was in trouble...(it was a difficult time for our industry)..lending institutions looked at me as a social leper....now that I don't need their money...well you get it...they all offer to sell me their money...
But do they still look at you as a leper! That's the REAL question!

ann margaret not coming.gif