Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Congratulations to Speedy!

VQ4NFO

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
KNOXVILLE
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Charger 392
Tim made a statement? Linkage?
"
Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis said Patterson was the perfect winner, because he is a Dodge owner who once left the brand out of frustration for Porsche, but came back and bought a new one because he missed Dodge muscle and the community around out.
Kuniskis said that gives him a kind of credibility hyping the brand that a die-in-the-wool "Mopar or No Car" Dodge fanatic might not.
That's important, because Patterson's main role will be helping the brand communicate with its fan base during the lead up to its first electric vehicle launch in 2024."

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/dodge-reveals-chief-donut-maker-150k-salary

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I know a guy who knows a guy who may have a copy, but hasn't watched it because he fell asleep last night watching Office Space.
You guys must be close. BFF's

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You guys must be close. BFF's

Same guy who owns a chunk of a rotor company

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Kuniskis has gone woke just like the rest, affirmed by the CDM selection. I have written him personal letters in the past lauding, thanking, and slobbering all over him for bucking the trend and making Dodge the most bad-ass muscle lineup EVER, bar none, AND that he ought to be REAL CAREFUL abandoning the Hemi and understand his buyers, because people like me will never buy the EV BS being rammed down our throats, and we are spending multiple 6-figures for these cars. Do they really think this generation of youth who live in their parent's basement cashing Uncle Joe's welfare checks are going to be buying any EV, let alone a DODGE XYZTBD with a gazillion hp and weighs 10,000 lb, etc, etc.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'd hate to be Tim. Stellantis bought Dodge so now he can either quit, and probably penalized heavily if he did due to contracts, or go a long with their strategy whether he agrees with it or not. Rock and a hard place for sure.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I'd hate to be Tim. Stellantis bought Dodge so now he can either quit, and probably penalized heavily if he did due to contracts, or go a long with their strategy whether he agrees with it or not. Rock and a hard place for sure.
I tell people watch his electric car reveal and then watch the demon reveal you tell me where Tim's heart is.
He had so much excitement for the demon I didn't see that with this new car.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
"
Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis said Patterson was the perfect winner, because he is a Dodge owner who once left the brand out of frustration for Porsche, but came back and bought a new one because he missed Dodge muscle and the community around out.
Kuniskis said that gives him a kind of credibility hyping the brand that a die-in-the-wool "Mopar or No Car" Dodge fanatic might not.
That's important, because Patterson's main role will be helping the brand communicate with its fan base during the lead up to its first electric vehicle launch in 2024."

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/dodge-reveals-chief-donut-maker-150k-salary
OK, I see that reasoning. They want someone who will explain why they thought dodge sucked but then changed their mind. Not those mindless Dodge fans that will get insulted any time someone has a criticism of the brand (which is Mexican / Canadian, not american). Personally, I didn't see Speed as one of those people who act like Dodge saved them from a burning building and can do no wrong. but that's just me. It's clearly a marketing tool and they want someone who can say, yes, I thought dodge was shit too, but here's why I changed my mind.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
it's about a mouthpiece who will toe the party line. I put much more faith in what someone says who I believe is looking at all aspects of whatever it is they happen to be reviewing or hawking than someone who is just a yes man. If speed review the electric charger and said the performance is phenomenal, but I have concerns with the sound, or xyz, that would carry a lot more weight with me than someone who you know is just going to say this is the greatest thing since the invention of the automobile.

On the reveal, maybe it's what I talked about back in 2017 after buying the charger. They're using an ICE to produce electricity and replacing the conventional drive train with full electric hub wheels, or leave the shaft and transmission to power the rears and put hub motors on the front. With battery thrown in as needed. Doesn't have to be the hellcat motor, could be much smaller since its driving the generator(s) not the drive train in the first option. And still has an exhaust note. Or not.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
The impression I got from the conversations I was part of, it's battery powered, no ICE at all. I hope that changes personally. I'm OK with hybrid but still want a V8.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Damn the more I read about this guy Preston and all his issues I should have signed up and probably would have been nominated. I mean lets run down the list for all the obvious qualifications unbeknownst to most including myself. Now yeh I need to like die my hair whats left and get a bunch of tattoos and pierced body parts and maybe some missing teeth. But other than that I would have been the perfect pick. Let’s review what I have done in the past few years. Ok I sold both my Hellcats last year after buying Ford Mustangs and tell everyone how great the Mustangs are. And then I go out and buy Electric Ford Mustangs and tell everyone how great those are and you need to buy an electric vehicle as well😁. Now I did miss out on making a Youtube video making comments on how I wold never buy another Hellcat because my Mustangs are better. And I missed out on making videos telling everyone I think Dodge ain’t the brand to buy anymore. But wow other than that I think I should have entered and been Picked as the number one Ass Hat Ambasador to the Dodge brand🤪

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
IMG_20220425_142813_625.jpg

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Damn the more I read about this guy Preston and all his issues I should have signed up and probably would have been nominated. I mean lets run down the list for all the obvious qualifications unbeknownst to most including myself. Now yeh I need to like die my hair whats left and get a bunch of tattoos and pierced body parts and maybe some missing teeth. But other than that I would have been the perfect pick. Let’s review what I have done in the past few years. Ok I sold both my Hellcats last year after buying Ford Mustangs and tell everyone how great the Mustangs are. And then I go out and buy Electric Ford Mustangs and tell everyone how great those are and you need to buy an electric vehicle as well😁. Now I did miss out on making a Youtube video making comments on how I wold never buy another Hellcat because my Mustangs are better. And I missed out on making videos telling everyone I think Dodge ain’t the brand to buy anymore. But wow other than that I think I should have entered and been Picked as the number one Ass Hat Ambasador to the Dodge brand🤪
Now that has to be your best post ever HA! :)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Damn the more I read about this guy Preston and all his issues I should have signed up and probably would have been nominated. I mean lets run down the list for all the obvious qualifications unbeknownst to most including myself. Now yeh I need to like die my hair whats left and get a bunch of tattoos and pierced body parts and maybe some missing teeth. 🤪
One night out on the town with me and Jimmy and we could take care of everyone of those for you.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Preston claims he doesn’t want to be with the Dodge type of people😳

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Preston claims he doesn’t want to be with the Dodge type of people😳
That’s convenient for us Dodge type of people.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
That was the first video I have seen of him before it gets taking down. Incredible beyond belief and this guy needs to relinquish his duties. Sorry no way am I gonna be a fan of this guy. He just rambles on to make videos and throws others under the bus to get attention. He should be running for a Political position this would be right up his alley.

VQ4NFO

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
KNOXVILLE
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Charger 392
It was explained on another forum that Charlotte N.C. has a huge problem with Hellcats and drivers going nuts on the road. This happened last year:
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/north-carolina-drivers-block-i-77-with-dangerous-stunts/

Now If Preston was talking about his local and what he had witnessed as being a problem for the community, Dodge most likely accepted his explanation for the video (If they saw it). Not bashing all Dodge owners but just the ones in his neighborhood and city. Just a thought

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I know a guy who knows a guy who may have a copy, but hasn't watched it because he fell asleep last night watching Office Space.
sounds like a lie. How could anyone fall asleep watching Office space:unsure:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State