Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

CHILLER QUESTION ??? SPUTTERS

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
AS MOST KNOW I HAVE PUT MY CAT BACK TO STOCK ,STOCK MOTOR ,TRANS ,DRIVETRAIN ETC ,EVEN OEM T STAT ,ALSO 93 OCTANE ,,( ONLY EXCEPTION IS THE ACTIVE CHILLER I LEFT ON IT )
MY ISSUE IS WHEN IVE BEEN CRUISING FOR A PERIOD OF TIME AND IC TEMPS ARE 60 OR BELOW ,IT WILL SPUTTER VERY BADLY WHEN I FLOOR IT AND THEN ILL LET OFF FLOOR IT AGAIN AND NO ISSUES ,I DECICDED TO TEST IF IT WOULD DO IT IF I TURNED THE A/C OFF AND JUST LET THE IC TEMPS RUN 80 DGREES -PLUS NO PROBLEMS WHEN FLOORING IT ,,,,IM ASSUMING ITS CONDENSATION IN THE SUPERCHARGER AND ITS CAUSING THE SPUTTER
HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS ISSUE AS WELL ,I WOULD ASSUME WITH E85 THIS WOULDNT BE AN ISSUE BECAUSE IT ALREADY HAS WATER CONTENT,SO I WOULD THINK ONLY PUMP GAS GUYS WOULD SEEE THIS ISSUE AS WELL ,PROBLEM IS IT MAY BE MISDIAGNOSED AS COIL OR PLUGS WHEN ITS ACTUALLY NOT

Moderator created Readability version:

As most know, I have put my Cat back to stock, stock motor, trans, drivetrain, etc. Even OEM T-stat, also 93 octane, (only exception is the active chiller I left on it)​
My issue is when I've been cruising for a period of time and IC temps are 60 or below, it will sputter very badly when I floor it and then I'll let off and floor it again and no issues. I decided to test if it would do it if I turned the A/C off and just let the IC temps run 80 degrees-plus (sic) No problems when flooring it, I'm assuming it's condensation in the supercharger and it's causing the sputter.​
Has anyone else had this issue as well? I would assume with E85 this wouldn't be an issue because it already has water content, so I would think only pump gas would see this issue as well, 'problem is it may be misdiagnosed as coil or plugs when it's actually not.​

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
AS MOST KNOW I HAVE PUT MY CAT BACK TO STOCK ,STOCK MOTOR ,TRANS ,DRIVETRAIN ETC ,EVEN OEM T STAT ,ALSO 93 OCTANE ,,( ONLY EXCEPTION IS THE ACTIVE CHILLER I LEFT ON IT )
MY ISSUE IS WHEN IVE BEEN CRUISING FOR A PERIOD OF TIME AND IC TEMPS ARE 60 OR BELOW ,IT WILL SPUTTER VERY BADLY WHEN I FLOOR IT AND THEN ILL LET OFF FLOOR IT AGAIN AND NO ISSUES ,I DECICDED TO TEST IF IT WOULD DO IT IF I TURNED THE A/C OFF AND JUST LET THE IC TEMPS RUN 80 DGREES -PLUS NO PROBLEMS WHEN FLOORING IT ,,,,IM ASSUMING ITS CONDENSATION IN THE SUPERCHARGER AND ITS CAUSING THE SPUTTER
HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS ISSUE AS WELL ,I WOULD ASSUME WITH E85 THIS WOULDNT BE AN ISSUE BECAUSE IT ALREADY HAS WATER CONTENT,SO I WOULD THINK ONLY PUMP GAS GUYS WOULD SEEE THIS ISSUE AS WELL ,PROBLEM IS IT MAY BE MISDIAGNOSED AS COIL OR PLUGS WHEN ITS ACTUALLY NOT

Moderator created Readability version:
As most know, I have put my Cat back to stock, stock motor, trans, drivetrain, etc. Even OEM T-stat, also 93 octane, (only exception is the active chiller I left on it)​
My issue is when I've been cruising for a period of time and IC temps are 60 or below, it will sputter very badly when I floor it and then I'll let off and floor it again and no issues. I decided to test if it would do it if I turned the A/C off and just let the IC temps run 80 degrees-plus (sic) No problems when flooring it, I'm assuming it's condensation in the supercharger and it's causing the sputter.​
Has anyone else had this issue as well? I would assume with E85 this wouldn't be an issue because it already has water content, so I would think only pump gas would see this issue as well, 'problem is it may be misdiagnosed as coil or plugs when it's actually not.​

:unsure::whistle:

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Is hickster going to start getting the edits too?
If you translate it 1st

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #5
AM I MISSING SOMETHING ??

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

I've done one of his previously.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
AM I MISSING SOMETHING ??
Last I heard both your nuts :sneaky:

Edit- That was mean. @BULL modified your post

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #8
@BULL I CANT BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO THAT ,,FOR NOW ON YOUR MY PRESS SECRETARY :LOL: YOUR NEW NAME IS KARINE BULL JEAN PIERRE

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #9
@BULL I SEE YOU PUT ALL THE PROPER PERIODS AND QUESTION MARKS AS WELL ,,I DIDNT GRADUATE HS SO IM BARELY A LEVEL ABOVE @Hickster :LOL:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Haze, don't drag my ass in hea wen don't need beez. Watt have youz dun 2 dis engine? You have messed wit it frunt and ass backasswardas. Clean da AI filtah and da gas watah filtah and letter bee. Den run a bitz of 104 inner.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Part it out. But from what I’ve seen from other people, real big possibility. I plan on just using my chiller for racing or having the heat exchanger on during a lot of driving. Temp swings seem to be an issue, strange it’s just being talked about now

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
It was 90 degrees today and I got condensation/ fuel from exhaust because I I run e85 and car had been sitting for almost a month. Dissipated quickly. All of this does have me concerned though about condensation pooling up in the cylinders. I can’t see how this would be an issue while on the highway though and everything it hot. My money would be on a coil, plugs, or AC clutch going. You’re one of the few that actually got their Active Interchiller kit? I liked theirs because of the hard lines. Then I read the guy was ripping people off

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
So are you tuned or what? Lower IATs car is going to want more fuel.

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #14
So are you tuned or what? Lower IATs car is going to want more fuel.
mines stock and as for on the highway in 100 degree ambient temps my ict is running 53-55 degrees,on an1800 mile motor but like I said letting the ict temps above 60 it won’t sputter I believe it’s the condensation myself ,and it’s only the initial hit that it will sputter with the chiller on ,if you hit it again right after it’s clear

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #15
Part it out. But from what I’ve seen from other people, real big possibility. I plan on just using my chiller for racing or having the heat exchanger on during a lot of driving. Temp swings seem to be an issue, strange it’s just being talked about now
reason it’s just being talked about from me is I’ve been on e85 for a long time

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #16
It runs cool IMG_7337.jpeg

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
You’re just getting the sputter out of nowhere or what?

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #18
When the chiller is on and it’s cold like that cruising on the highway,that’s why I believe it’s the condensation in the supercharger causing it to sputter

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
When the chiller is on and it’s cold like that cruising on the highway,that’s why I believe it’s the condensation in the supercharger causing it to sputter
It could be, but had it always done it or did it just start doing it?

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN