Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Chevy Silverado?

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
I’d say hold off but the big question is what are going to invest the $45k that you’re not willing to spend in? I’m sure you have some stocks or managers picked out!! Help a brother out!
Ha. I'd say, at these levels, cannot go wrong with IWM or QQQ. Quickest drop I've ever seen in my career...hope you and the folks you work with are doing well. Take care.

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
Ha. I'd say, at these levels, cannot go wrong with IWM or QQQ. Quickest drop I've ever seen in my career...hope you and the folks you work with are doing well. Take care.
I’m with ya. And for the record, nobody has ever seen a drop like this. Have fun with your truck search!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I sold my 2019 Silverado LTZ for the Ram limited. And since they discounted the Ram so much I actually ended up paying less for a huge difference in a better truck. The Chevy dont tow worth a crap and trust me I have had every brand to tow in each category. 1500, 2500, 3500 and even being a huge Ford guy now the Rams out tow them all sorry Chevy and ford guys. I’d pass in the Chundra lol Chevy And Tundra mix breed. RAM all day every day I just got bored of having Rams for 20 years Plus years.
Fit and finish and quality kill the Chevy and so many more options be sure to really research what you think your getting versus what your actually getting. Typically a smaller engine, less exhaust, no technology package like the Ram, air ride suspension, Chevy does not have air ride, storage to the hilt for a Ram and Chevys sucks, Ride and power is a huge difference over the 5.3 gas motor. Interior is huge difference and the back seat area blows Chevy away, Adaptive Cruise kills the Chevy over Ram, center console kills the Chevy, dial shifter for trans versus column old school shifter for the Chevy. And sure the Chevy imo has better lines but no way as good a truck that’s why I sold mine. AF1DB017-F419-47F3-A683-7FA3343C6505.jpeg B6418458-57E5-4E24-992F-2B81280CB1E8.jpeg 338B2F84-9D13-47C5-81D2-020939EC90AD.jpeg 1A98133E-ED0B-4189-A900-B3C5D182013C.jpeg 918AE11E-0A53-4630-AB1E-90FC464723F9.jpeg 12A253C4-B7B5-4288-8E12-77D67086BAE4.jpeg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I sold my 2019 Silverado LTZ for the Ram limited. And since they discounted the Ram so much I actually ended up paying less for a huge difference in a better truck. The Chevy dont tow worth a crap and trust me I have had every brand to tow in each category. 1500, 2500, 3500 and even being a huge Ford guy now the Rams out tow them all sorry Chevy and ford guys. I’d pass in the Chundra lol Chevy And Tundra mix breed. RAM all day every day I just got bored of having Rams for 20 years Plus years.
Fit and finish and quality kill the Chevy and so many more options be sure to really research what you think your getting versus what your actually getting. Typically a smaller engine, less exhaust, no technology package like the Ram, air ride suspension, Chevy does not have air ride, storage to the hilt for a Ram and Chevys sucks, Ride and power is a huge difference over the 5.3 gas motor. Interior is huge difference and the back seat area blows Chevy away, Adaptive Cruise kills the Chevy over Ram, center console kills the Chevy, dial shifter for trans versus column old school shifter for the Chevy. And sure the Chevy imo has better lines but no way as good a truck that’s why I sold mine. View attachment 14567 View attachment 14568 View attachment 14569 View attachment 14570 View attachment 14571 View attachment 14576
Now that ram is one sharp looking truck

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Fit and finish and quality kill the Chevy and so many more options be sure to really research what you think your getting versus what your actually getting. Typically a smaller engine, less exhaust, no technology package like the Ram, air ride suspension, Chevy does not have air ride, storage to the hilt for a Ram and Chevys sucks, Ride and power is a huge difference over the 5.3 gas motor. Interior is huge difference and the back seat area blows Chevy away, Adaptive Cruise kills the Chevy over Ram, center console kills the Chevy, dial shifter for trans versus column old school shifter for the Chevy. And sure the Chevy imo has better lines but no way as good a truck that’s why I sold mine. View attachment 14567 View attachment 14568 View attachment 14569 View attachment 14570 View attachment 14571 View attachment 14576
My '17 Tahoe felt like a slug after the way my '14 Ram got up and moved. I really like the Ram, it had air ride and all sorts of goodies, but it had an electrical issue that the dealer could never get fixed and I decided that since my warranty was about up, I wasn't gonna pay out of pocket for them to continue to not fix it. So I traded it in on the Tahoe,which was cool and all, but man it was a slug with that 5.3. So then I traded that on an '18 Silverado LTZ with the 6.2 in it. That truck ran pretty well, but it only had 3.23 gears, so yet again, it felt slower than my previous 5.7 Ram that had 3.92's. I liked the ride and all of the Silverado, but it just didn't do it for me....so it went away and I got the Challenger. In Dec I picked up a used F150 with the Ecoboost, and to my surprise, that Truck actually runs pretty good. It runs even better in Sport mode, which I think both of the Chevy's would've done if they had sport modes, but they did not.

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I have a 16 Silverado and the what I consider tar coating on the frame is holding up well. I have 65,000 miles. It’s the nicest truck I ever owned. Zero issues since I have owned it. I owned a Tundra during the Frame disaster they had. They were going to replace my frame so I unloaded it first. I had a Ford 2010 F-150 and Rust was a huge issue. I could snap pieces of the pinch weld off with my fingers under the door. Frame was rusting too. The last straw with the Ford was the 5.4 engine. It probably lost half it’s power around 125K. Dealer couldn’t find anything wrong? A friend who owned his own shop said it was an internal timing problem that would require a tear down. Chevy offered me $9500 On a trade for the Chevy. Adios Ford.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Great write up... I felt the exact opposite and the reason why I bought the AT4. I guess different strokes for different folks. :)

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Great write up... I felt the exact opposite and the reason why I bought the AT4. I guess different strokes for different folks. :)
AT 4 is definitely nice and no bashing and I grew up CHEVY and yeah in all fairness all of them for the PRICE are nice but the RAM I feel offers more features for working out of the truck. Which thats all I do is work out of mine and has more storage options and the lower the suspension feature is awesome when you have to load and unload gear out of the bed. And I seriously considered the AT 4 as well but purchased the Silverado LTZ based on how much I wanted to pay and last year the discounts did not equate to much since it was the latest greatest newest Silverado redesign. And sincerely I wanted the Ram but no hug discounts at the time and the Silverado at the time I felt for the price and package was the better decision. And she does awesome on gas with the 5.3 I got up to 27MPG going to FL over the summer. Then this last fall they took close to 20K off a leftover Limited and I just could not resist and had to get the Ram. Congrats and who here doesn't just love trucks. And here is a review of my Ford Tremor which I just love this beast.

Southernminncat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lonsdale
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Redeye
GMC has 10% more torque,horsepower and trailer capacity than Ram(at least with the 6.2L) I got 13,500 off sticker. Not sure if that is great as I was buying it as a company truck. Our Rebel is in continuously for air suspension issues when it is cold. Just my $0.02

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
My '17 Tahoe felt like a slug after the way my '14 Ram got up and moved. I really like the Ram, it had air ride and all sorts of goodies, but it had an electrical issue that the dealer could never get fixed and I decided that since my warranty was about up, I wasn't gonna pay out of pocket for them to continue to not fix it. So I traded it in on the Tahoe,which was cool and all, but man it was a slug with that 5.3. So then I traded that on an '18 Silverado LTZ with the 6.2 in it. That truck ran pretty well, but it only had 3.23 gears, so yet again, it felt slower than my previous 5.7 Ram that had 3.92's. I liked the ride and all of the Silverado, but it just didn't do it for me....so it went away and I got the Challenger. In Dec I picked up a used F150 with the Ecoboost, and to my surprise, that Truck actually runs pretty good. It runs even better in Sport mode, which I think both of the Chevy's would've done if they had sport modes, but they did not.
I have an '11 Silverado with a 5.3L. I put a baby 1.9 Magnuson on it that's rated at 435HP and 455ft lbs. of torque. (I got it BNIB on clearance for $4,650). You don't even know its there 'till u need it. And like @Jungle Cat stated I've had Zero problems with anything in 50K miles. I haven't lifted the hood in 25K. All I do is oil changes. There could be squirrels living on top it for all I know. (gonna give it full going through this spring/summer.)

On my Silverado when I want sport mode I put it in trailer mode. Hangs out the gears, downshifts hard and early, and the exhaust note even changes to a growl. I don't know if you can do that for extended periods of time without damaging something in tranny or if you could just leave it in that mode for daily driving all the time but it definitely wakes it up and feels like sport mode.

Love everything about the truck. Ride, comfort, power, mileage, And everything is just ergonomically set just right for me.

Last edited: