Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Cam choice

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #21
Well kind of related to the cam. I was planning on getting the Thiteks. But I keep waiting and waiting and waiting. So I went with stage 2 Frankenstein. They have upgraded parts and a large intake valve. 2.18. Are they any good? I heard good things about them. Especially on the stage 2 heads.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Well kind of related to the cam. I was planning on getting the Thiteks. But I keep waiting and waiting and waiting. So I went with stage 2 Frankenstein. They have upgraded parts and a large intake valve. 2.18. Are they any good? I heard good things about them. Especially on the stage 2 heads.
Frankenstein's are killer in the LS world.
I remember them teasing Gen 3 Hemi stuff in the past but did not know if they actually had anything yet.
AFR supposedly started shipping heads as well.

I'd ask Frankenstein what cam they would go with as well. Sounds like a killer project. Any reason to stick with the 2.4L blower?

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country