Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bullitt Car at Mecum Friday

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I saw his Ferrari go for I believe (from strictly memory) 8+ million, when the same Ferrari owned by normal people :rolleyes: was valued at 3-4 million. So even if that Mustang went double, triple, or quadruple value it would not come close to 1.75 mil. Even 10x would not be that.
I can probably find a rusty green mustang owned by some guy named Steve in my area......and I'll let it go for a cool $250k :p

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
No, but his butt was in it and driving it that whole seen, so that will add a ton to the value but I don't think 1.75 mil worth. He was trying to by the one he drove in decent condition for years, guy kept turning him down.
Actually He didn't drive all the scenes. See post #22 above. It doesn't really matter. other than a lot of hype over a car that isn't worth anything, other than what some schmoe is willing to pay for it. which will likely be a lot. some people have more money than they know what to spend it for.

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Saw the car at SEMA....

XKDR2899.JPG

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
If you start at my original post I explain this is not the Mexico found car.
Sorry, my train of thought tends to blast through long blocks of text.

How_Is_Life_Going.jpg

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #46
Actually He didn't drive all the scenes. See post #22 above. It doesn't really matter. other than a lot of hype over a car that isn't worth anything, other than what some schmoe is willing to pay for it. which will likely be a lot. some people have more money than they know what to spend it for.
A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I can tell you it’s going for a lot. Several million is my bet.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
I wou
A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I can tell you it’s going for a lot. Several million is my bet.
I'd like to know the story behind the idiot that buys it.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Actually the Bullitt car was ceramic coated to protect what paint was left on there.Great article in this issue of Muscle Machines on the history of this owner.Car will go to about 2 million IMO.

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #49
Actually the Bullitt car was ceramic coated to protect what paint was left on there.Great article in this issue of Muscle Machines on the history of this owner.Car will go to about 2 million IMO.
Yes I have that article too. Amazed some a-holes vandalized it in storage. Bullitt is the movie that got me interested in cars as a kid. I would buy that car if I had that kind of disposable income. I guess I’m an American Idiot?

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
That is just an average saturday night where I come from.
I need to move there cuz it will fill a certain "void" in my life since I left the ME. :)

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #51
I need to move there cuz it will fill a certain "void" in my life since I left the ME. :)
Since you left Maine? Face it. Maine is a giant winter void!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Since you left Maine? Face it. Maine is a giant winter void!
No...Maine is a wonderful place. Been white water rafting there a few times. You missed "the" in my reply "......the ME". Middle East. Maybe I'll spell it out completely next time...or not...probably not. :p

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #53
No...Maine is a wonderful place. Been white water rafting there a few times. You missed "the" in my reply "......the ME". Middle East. Maybe I'll spell it out completely next time...or not...probably not. :p
Funny. Ya to me it’s Maine.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
I think some of you are getting too hung up on the car. Think of it as a historic artifact with a lot of value. It isn't going to be driven anywhere and its un-restored condition is a big plus. I bet it sells for a bunch. It'll be interesting to see what its value will be in another 10 years. This "car" is more like a rare painting. No fun to play with but possibly a really good investment. Not into actor hero worship or Mustangs? What about making money? I don't care what car it is or who drove it but buyers do. I don't have the scratch to play but if I did I might. Plus a "car" seems better than a painting hanging on the wall.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I think some of you are getting too hung up on the car. Think of it as a historic artifact with a lot of value. It isn't going to be driven anywhere and its un-restored condition is a big plus. I bet it sells for a bunch. It'll be interesting to see what its value will be in another 10 years. This "car" is more like a rare painting. No fun to play with but possibly a really good investment. Not into actor hero worship or Mustangs? What about making money? I don't care what car it is or who drove it but buyers do. I don't have the scratch to play but if I did I might. Plus a "car" seems better than a painting hanging on the wall.
It wouldn't surprise me if the McQueen family buys it, no matter the price. I know they tried to buy it previously and the guy wouldn't sell. Now that he's selling, they might be able to get it. This may make the auction worth watching.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
That would be cool. Hope they have enough cash to do so. I love the story of the car.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
That would be cool. Hope they have enough cash to do so. I love the story of the car.
Just set my dvr up to record the show :)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yes I have that article too. Amazed some a-holes vandalized it in storage. Bullitt is the movie that got me interested in cars as a kid. I would buy that car if I had that kind of disposable income. I guess I’m an American Idiot?
If you were...you would have the money

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Just set my dvr up to record the show :)
That was a cool movie...and a cool car...ultimate conversation piece for the serious car collection

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
That was a cool movie...and a cool car...ultimate conversation piece for the serious car collection
Yeah, normally I don't watch these auctions, but I really want to see what happens with this car. I really do hope the McQueen family gets it. The car will mean more to them than anyone else.