Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Big Congrats to Rob Goss ! Bruce Maichel! #Team HHP! Added Dragzine Article! First Gen3 HEMI in the 3’s!!!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
"After earning a number of penalties for his combination in recent years as a result of dominating, often punishing on-track performances, Goss decided in the offseason it was time to try something new. That something new was the next category up the elapsed-time pecking-order in drag radial racing"

Some classes you don't see certain combos and think maybe they are not good enough. By reading this sounds like the Hemi is a better design and there are so many penalties that few run them.

Back in 1970 Nascar Mopar built a better aero dynamic car and instead of the others companies having to step up, Nascar decides if you want to run a wing car in '71 you will be limited to 305 CI

We all wonder why we don't see more Mopars in racing, sounds like they have built a better design and keep getting held back because of it

OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
Thanks @vortecd for posting up the article.

1675338569272.png

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Don't worry the dipships in the Mopar community (present company excluded) will shit on his achievements as a guy that just has a bigger bank account. I tried to explain it to them that he has real skill. Money can only take you so far (*cough*pruett*cough*). HHP and everyone involved has done a fantastic job and look forward to seeing more of the car this year, the blue livery is amazing.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Don't worry the dipships in the Mopar community (present company excluded) will shit on his achievements as a guy that just has a bigger bank account. I tried to explain it to them that he has real skill. Money can only take you so far (*cough*pruett*cough*). HHP and everyone involved has done a fantastic job and look forward to seeing more of the car this year, the blue livery is amazing.
I watched a couple of qualifying passes and by eliminations they were spot on. Truly amazing with a new car.

OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26

It's amazing, that a lot of the $hit talking comes from the Modern Hemi racers!

Maybe Rob has the Wallet to build the car and create the Race Dreams for himself and yes, he does have real skill! He continues to develop that skill to Win Races!

Rob has paid for not only the R&D of parts but also the tooling!
Bruce@HHP has the Contacts and the Experience and Knowledge to get the needed parts built!

He also has spent countless hours on his own time building and rebuilding Rob's Challenger to come back stronger every time.

And guess what the big mouths don't get?............How to appreciate the Trickle Down Effect!

There are more after market parts now than there EVER was! Without guys like Rob who is willing to spend his own money, I can tell you first hand how much it sucked trying to have a regular SRT8 built before the Hellcats!

Linda :)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Maybe Rob has the Wallet to build the car and create the Race Dreams for himself and yes, he does have real skill! He continues to develop that skill to Win Races!

Bruce@HHP has the Contacts and the Experience and Knowledge to get the needed parts built!

He also has spent countless hours on his own time building and rebuilding Rob's Challenger to come back stronger every time.

And guess what the big mouths don't get?............How to appreciate the Trickle Down Effect!

There are more after market parts now than there EVER was! Without guys like Rob who is willing to spend his own money, I can tell you first hand how much it sucked trying to have a regular SRT8 built before the Hellcats!

The talk shit is from jealousy.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Jon and I have talked about this before. There is no issue with having a rivalry between shops but with the hemi shops it is all hate and war. No respect

OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #29
Jon and I have talked about this before. There is no issue with having a rivalry between shops but with the hemi shops it is all hate and war. No respect
It is not usually the shops that cause the controversy, it's usually the racers. I know many Hemi Shop owners. We had many different race cars being built here there and everywhere. Many people just don't realize what Dodge gave us right off the assembly line.

And Today there are many Known Race Packages and Tuners that can have your Hellcats in the 8's in a short amount of time.

We do need the competitiveness of those shops for us to get part information to vendors to get better parts to the marketplace.

When I hear stories and I hear a lot, when I am at the track I will simply ask about it face to face. I have 2 right now that I am waiting to ask about.

I can cheer on most shops and racers, but I know who the scammers were and Thankfully most of them have been going out of business. But I watch because those employees move on to ruin the next company.

Integrity is most important trait for a Tuner to have. Something gets Effed Up they have to own it! Racers, I also will stop cheering them on when I start seeing things that are shitty. It can take the fun out of racing. I am a hobby racer and i want it to be fun!

The 2 Tuners I enjoy promoting is of course my favorite Joshua Schwartz @HighHorseman and @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

I find both of them have integrity and usually will stay out of the Race shop BS, as they should!

I will promote others now and then, if something turns good, because "it is what it is"

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
It is not usually the shops that cause the controversy, it's usually the racers. I know many Hemi Shop owners. We had many different race cars being built here there and everywhere. Many people just don't realize what Dodge gave us right off the assembly line.

And Today there are many Known Race Packages and Tuners that can have your Hellcats in the 8's in a short amount of time.

We do need the competitiveness of those shops for us to get part information to vendors to get better parts to the marketplace.

When I hear stories and I hear a lot, when I am at the track I will simply ask about it face to face. I have 2 right now that I am waiting to ask about.

I can cheer on most shops and racers, but I know who the scammers were and Thankfully most of them have been going out of business. But I watch because those employees move on to ruin the next company.

Integrity is most important trait for a Tuner to have. Something gets Effed Up they have to own it! Racers, I also will stop cheering them on when I start seeing things that are shitty. It can take the fun out of racing. I am a hobby racer and i want it to be fun!

The 2 Tuners I enjoy promoting is of course my favorite Joshua Schwartz @HighHorseman and @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

I find both of them have integrity and usually will stay out of the Race shop BS, as they should!

I will promote others now and then, if something turns good, because "it is what it is"
I dunno about that @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC guys, he built a race car and bullies me a lot. 😂 j/k Jon is good peoples. Since HHP is literally next door over the bridge they are the only website I keep my credit card on file. 😈

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

The racers could be a lot of it but i know 2 owners of the big shops that are the issue

OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #32
The racers could be a lot of it but i know 2 owners of the big shops that are the issue
Are they an issue because their customers are making it an issue and the shop owners have to come in and defend themselves.......I mean seriously I know some shop owners can be a hole all by then selves!

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I dunno about that @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC guys, he built a race car and bullies me a lot. 😂 j/k Jon is good peoples. Since HHP is literally next door over the bridge they are the only website I keep my credit card on file. 😈
The crap I give you is just in good fun. Trying to get you to come here to race me so I don't have to drive to you. Ha a race car. I am more of a street car then you. You have a built trans now. Does that mean you aren't a bolt on car anymore? Anyway I'm ready to line up when you are! Heck I hear you are even looking at built engines to try and keep up. Pshh. A good tune can make a stock engine and trans run well in the 8s :sneaky:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well there ya go, means ya gotta drive to me now.

The crap I give you is just in good fun. Trying to get you to come here to race me so I don't have to drive to you. Ha a race car. I am more of a street car then you. You have a built trans now. Does that mean you aren't a bolt on car anymore? Anyway I'm ready to line up when you are! Heck I hear you are even looking at built engines to try and keep up. Pshh. A good tune can make a stock engine and trans run well in the 8s :sneaky:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Well there ya go, means ya gotta drive to me now.
Both of you just come to Orlando MSHS next month.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Most likely not. It was on my list for a nice week vacation but my shop build starts mid march. I will not leave while a major project is going on.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Most likely not. It was on my list for a nice week vacation but my shop build starts mid march. I will not leave while a major project is going on.
985fb59913940e3a.jpg

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
ill be making my mshs debut at the rock 😂

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
ill be making my mshs debut at the rock 😂
It's on my calendar. You'll be in the fast class and I'll be in the slow one.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
It's on my calendar. You'll be in the fast class and I'll be in the slow one.
wait wut? when did I become fast? i'm slow 9.6 is not fast lol