Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anyone use SLiPLO for front bumper?

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
I just purchased a 2019 Charger Hellcat and am concerned about scraping the front bumper. My drive way requires a sideways approach to avoid scrapping however the perfect approach isn't always possible due to cars parked on the curb. I went to remove the yellow shipping protectors on the front bumper edges but stopped when I saw how badly they were scratched up. So I'm leaving them on while looking for better long term solutions. I have seen a few posts about Scrape Armor and think it looks effective but expensive (also requires drilled holes.) I then came across SLiPLO Bumper Skid Plate Kit. Anyone used these? Looks simple, self-adhesive application with no drilled holes. Removable and much less expensive than the Scrape Armor. Even if they occasionally get knocked off I would think it would be simple to patch in fresh ones. Maybe install them in 1 foot strips with this in mind.

Any thoughts, experience, advise? Are there other similar products?

Go Goody

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stuart
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 Hellcat Challenger
Check ZL addons. I have the challenger set and they work...

OP
Av8ing1

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
The Challenger set works on the Charger? Does it require drilling holes?

Go Goody

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stuart
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 Hellcat Challenger
Check and see...I have a challenger....maybe they make them for the chargers

OP
Av8ing1

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
ZL addons do not seem to be available for the Charger. I decided to give the SLiPLO,s a try. Easy to install now to see how they hold up. Probably could have taken more time laying them out but was tired from doing a bunch of other stuff on the car, you cant see them anyway. IMG_0423.jpg IMG_0424.jpg IMG_0426.jpg

OP
Av8ing1

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
Update regarding how the SLiPLO product has been working out for me. Just did an oil change and was under the car so I checked on how the product was holding up. After about six months, all are still in place and have performed well. No new scratches or damage to the bumper. No lost pads despite a good number of hard scrapes. My main concern was the pads would loose adhesion and depart. So far, they are holding on and show no indication of leaving.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Update regarding how the SLiPLO product has been working out for me. Just did an oil change and was under the car so I checked on how the product was holding up. After about six months, all are still in place and have performed well. No new scratches or damage to the bumper. No lost pads despite a good number of hard scrapes. My main concern was the pads would loose adhesion and depart. So far, they are holding on and show no indication of leaving.
Thanks for the follow up and feedback. I have 2 sets on the shelf waiting for the C8 to arrive.

Felt

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Challenger
@Go Goody dy are these what you are saying works?

Splitter guards $50 .png

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Two things:

Not sure of the benefit if the protectors actually make the car lower (essentially) and result in even more scraping. And I'd assume more deflection / twist of the front clip since the spacers make it lower is not necessarily a good thing. On the challenger the clip is like 149 or something silly like that; on the Charger its like 499. Without paint, etc...

Secondly, not a fan of any parts affiliated with the Palestinian Liberation Organization.

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Aurora
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat Widebody
Thanks for the update. I’ve been looking at these as well. I will give them a try. Did you purchase 2 sets or just 1?

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Thanks for the update. I’ve been looking at these as well. I will give them a try. Did you purchase 2 sets or just 1?
I would get 2 sets for maximum coverage.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Aurora
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat Widebody
OP
Av8ing1

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
I only used one set. I should have got two as I was left wanting a few more strips.

tigertime

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fair oaks Ranch
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Calling Dr. Frankenstein, thread resurrector...

frank.jpg

Has anyone used these more recently? Any new observations or information to add about them?

OP
Av8ing1

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #15
My long term update - I did manage to scrape off one small strip at some point. I put a new one on. So overall they stay on well. I wish I had put them on earlier before scraping things up. However, no matter what if you drive much your going to take some damage. This product helps but probably will not eliminate everything like pulling over a curb. Small price to pay to help avoid bumper replacements as often if you are really bothered by the scrapes and scratches.

tigertime

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fair oaks Ranch
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My long term update - I did manage to scrape off one small strip at some point. I put a new one on. So overall they stay on well. I wish I had put them on earlier before scraping things up. However, no matter what if you drive much your going to take some damage. This product helps but probably will not eliminate everything like pulling over a curb. Small price to pay to help avoid bumper replacements as often if you are really bothered by the scrapes and scratches.
Thanks for the update. That's about how Imagined they would be working.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Check ZL addons. I have the challenger set and they work...
ZL1 only has the Challenger version unfortunately.

tigertime

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fair oaks Ranch
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
ZL1 only has the Challenger version unfortunately.
Yeah man. That happens with the coolest, rarest, most exotic and expensive red headed step children of the hellcat family. I figure four doors means we have more friends and family. Unlike @Jimmy N. who will most certainly die a cold and lonely death in old age. But alas, we have less bolt ons. ;) lol

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yeah man. That happens with the coolest, rarest, most exotic and expensive red headed step children of the hellcat family. I figure four doors means we have more friends and family. Unlike @Jimmy N. who will most certainly die a cold and lonely death in old age. But alas, we have less bolt ons. ;) lol
Poor Jimmy. 😢😢😢
The Charger needs it more than the Challenger since it's lower.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Poor Jimmy. 😢😢😢
The Charger needs it more than the Challenger since it's lower.
tiger, they surely figure that someone with a taxi, or a Charger used in other commercial applications, don't have the money or skills to add any bolt-ons. Also, wimmin with add-ons are likely more attracted to the extended-family version of what used to be a great looking vehicle, and they tend to be expensive in upkeep by themselves.

Anyway, I have no interest in a SLip'n'snowPLO for my Challenger. It doesn't like playing in snow.