Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anyone Have Graphene Coating?

Nvrenuf

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cookeville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Had never heard of it. Ran across it on another forum.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Youngstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
It’s just now starting to be used in the detailing industry. It has awhile before it is matured and worked with enough for me to trust it. It has some of the best hydrophobic properties for water beading but is not proven to be as durable as ceramic coatings yet. Until big name companies with the money start to further develop and tweak the chemistry, it will continue to evolve and may eventually be better than ceramic coatings.

parttimer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
crazyweathertown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Soooo, I offer Graphene and Metal Oxide coatings as well as IGL Kenzo. I have graphene on my Hellcat and Kenzo on my Jeep. My Hellcat was stored shortly after coating, and I started driving back in April. It is still shiny, still cleans up well but the hydrophobics aren't the same as my Kenzo Jeep that went through winter. I have never had water spotting issues with any of my IGL coated cars which is a common complaint for ceramic coated cars. I've not had people contact me in 3 years saying my car looks like crap. Graphene is the "latest and greatest" but is it, I don't know. It is SUPER slick when initially applied, much like GTech CSL and EXO.

OP
N

Nvrenuf

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cookeville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #5
Soooo, I offer Graphene and Metal Oxide coatings as well as IGL Kenzo. I have graphene on my Hellcat and Kenzo on my Jeep. My Hellcat was stored shortly after coating, and I started driving back in April. It is still shiny, still cleans up well but the hydrophobics aren't the same as my Kenzo Jeep that went through winter. I have never had water spotting issues with any of my IGL coated cars which is a common complaint for ceramic coated cars. I've not had people contact me in 3 years saying my car looks like crap. Graphene is the "latest and greatest" but is it, I don't know. It is SUPER slick when initially applied, much like GTech CSL and EXO.
How does it compare to Cquartz finest?

Got an email the other day from Adams saying they are offering it now.

parttimer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
crazyweathertown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I can't offer any comparison to CQ F or Opti Pro as I've never worked with them. I have always told anyone who asks, pick what you think is best for you, best is subjective, best spaghetti sauce for you might not be best for me. The ALL offer similar properties.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Is the "graphene" real graphene???

Because that would be impressive...

trancein

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plainfield
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 ScatPack WideBody (PCP)
$200+ for a small bottle? Ill wait till the prices drop

parttimer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
crazyweathertown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
While the bottle is SMALL, from an installers point of view, you get about 5 cars out of as it stretches. A Kenzo kit is close to the same price, 2 cars.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Harrodsburg
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I'm a new owner, having my 2018 Charger for just about three weeks. I did have a full paint correction along with a 5 year Graphene ceramic coat. Can't speak for durability but can say, aesthetically, it's jaw dropping. 0117F9D6-F12A-44BB-AF1F-7F47EB5C0D21.jpeg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm a new owner, having my 2018 Charger for just about three weeks. I did have a full paint correction along with a 5 year Graphene ceramic coat. Can't speak for durability but can say, aesthetically, it's jaw dropping. View attachment 25023

First post, welcome to the forums.

:)

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm a new owner, having my 2018 Charger for just about three weeks. I did have a full paint correction along with a 5 year Graphene ceramic coat. Can't speak for durability but can say, aesthetically, it's jaw dropping. View attachment 25023
Welcome.
Lots of great people and experience here.
Car looks beautiful.
What was the graphene price (if you don't mind my asking)?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It certainly did photograph well....

Member ID
Reactions
City
Harrodsburg
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Since I was asked, I'll share the costs. I hope I don't offend anyone. The entire package included a complete interior detail, clay bar bath, complete paint correction (3 steps,) 5 year graphene ceramic coat, all glass ceramic coated, wheels ceramic coated and interior ceramic coated...$2,700.00. The graphene represented $1,750.00 of the total cost. Since the project was completed, I've achieved a speed of 150 MPH which resulted in some significant bug encounters. The cleaning was simple and I believe I could've accomplished it with Kleenex and spit.
I'm very happy with the results. B26D266F-DEF6-4392-A9E4-CD87B7E60830.jpeg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Since I was asked, I'll share the costs. I hope I don't offend anyone. The entire package included a complete interior detail, clay bar bath, complete paint correction (3 steps,) 5 year graphene ceramic coat, all glass ceramic coated, wheels ceramic coated and interior ceramic coated...$2,700.00. The graphene represented $1,750.00 of the total cost. Since the project was completed, I've achieved a speed of 150 MPH which resulted in some significant bug encounters. The cleaning was simple and I believe I could've accomplished it with Kleenex and spit.
I'm very happy with the results. View attachment 25062
Hmmmm..well I paid more...and I might have got less...(certainly wouldn't be the first time)

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Hmmmm..well I paid more...and I might have got less...(certainly wouldn't be the first time)
Awww, c'mon. That Demon is still unique.