Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Android auto not working

Member ID
Reactions
City
Arlington
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
I just got back from working overseas and am on vacation for a month, and android auto was working fine before I left. Now, it's acting funny, saying "when it's safe, press on the notification to start using Google assistant".

Does anyone know how to fix this? There's no notification, so I can't use voice commands through android auto. Uconnect is up to date and so is Android auto

Lilschmied

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nowhereville
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Sounds like the car is waiting for you to confirm something on your phone. Might be worth unpairing the two and reconnecting them.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Depending on how long you've been away there was a pretty substantial update to AA. UI is very different. I never had an issue like that with mine though. But if you can't get it to play nice with Uconnect I would delete/reinstall it on your phone and try again.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Did you get this working? I drove my car today for the first time in a couple of weeks. AA wouldn't connect.

OP
SublimeIsLife
Member ID
Reactions
City
Arlington
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
So I figured it out earlier today. I uninstalled all updates for Android Auto on my phone then reinstalled them. I had to go into the app settings to do it. This made AA disappear from my apps list even though the Play store said it was on my phone. As soon as I connected my phone back up to my hellcat, AA appeared on my phone again and it started functioning normally

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My AA issue was the data cable. Both cables I was using worked fine to charge my phone in my house. Both had worked fine in the car until they didn't. I just received my new cable and it worked as soon as I plugged it in.

Technology...