Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

91 Octane ethanol free vs 93 Octane E10 in Hellcat

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #61
I'm very particular about what gas I put in the Charger. Basically Shell and BP seems to be its favorite ones. ExxonMobil is a distant 3rd.
Interesting info on the ExxonMobil. That is one of my high turn over locations. Get their 93 a lot. Sunoco is good but not as busy turn over wise. What is up with ExxonMobil being a distant 3rd? Appreciate the info.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Interesting info on the ExxonMobil. That is one of my high turn over locations. Get their 93 a lot. Sunoco is good but not as busy turn over wise. What is up with ExxonMobil being a distant 3rd? Appreciate the info.
Around here it seems to be a little hit or miss.

I was using Sunoco all the time and started getting bad gas and diesel. I stopped using it.

Different areas can have different fuel suppliers. Buccees pumps insane amounts of fuel but I think that it's not a Top Tier fuel.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #63
Around here it seems to be a little hit or miss.

I was using Sunoco all the time and started getting bad gas and diesel. I stopped using it.

Different areas can have different fuel suppliers. Buccees pumps insane amounts of fuel but I think that it's not a Top Tier fuel.
I tried Murphys (not top tier) 91 ethanol free fuel and drove home. Did a couple moderate pulls and haven't noticed a difference between 93 e10 vs 91 ethanol free. Will report back once I have an opportunity to run it this week. If logging ist too expensive (equipment wise), I have no problem testing it for fun.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I tried Murphys (not top tier) 91 ethanol free fuel and drove home. Did a couple moderate pulls and haven't noticed a difference between 93 e10 vs 91 ethanol free. Will report back once I have an opportunity to run it this week. If logging ist too expensive (equipment wise), I have no problem testing it for fun.
I'm thinking that you need an unlock +. Others know this subject better than me.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I'm very particular about what gas I put in the Charger. Basically Shell and BP seems to be its favorite ones. ExxonMobil is a distant 3rd.
Never was a Fan of Exxon Mobil

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
At Land Speed Trials and the dragway I always use Shell 93, they do not specify the E content but it’s in there, and it varies dependent on location. Near the end of Land Speed Trials running 93, I put in some 90 non-E plus some octane booster aiming at 95 octane (in the M6). That next run was 1/2mph faster in the 1mi than the previous, and 1mph faster in the 1.5mi. Compared to the next prior run 3hr earlier it was 1/2mph slower in the 1mi but 1/2mph faster in the 1.5mi.

Obviously there are too many variables for a valid comparison, but:

1. Speeds had been consistently decreasing all day as it warmed and wind increased, and the boosted 90 changed that trend.

2. My ass feels like the higher the octane the better.

3. Comparing to the previous 2 prior runs with 93, the boosted 90 had a better acceleration between 1 and 1.5mi.