Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

7th car announcement

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Remember CFL's?

They banned incandescents to force us into 'saving the planet!' by switching over to CFL's.

Now we have LED's and if not already, they'll be banning CFL's because they are, drum roll ... "hazardous waste". :unsure:

These current and upcoming EV's are still in the CFL like era. It won't be long until they need to retool yet again for the next tech getting us closer to the better LED like era. Who's going to be left standing for that?
Good thoughts.

LED have been around for a very long time, it was just a matter of improvement to get the great LED's we have today. I don't see any alternate power source on the horizon to replace Li-ion. (Some might start the H2 debate. :rolleyes:)

They're sure to be back with something when the EV market fizzles out for them and I'm pretty sure Dodge already has that contingency plan already prepared.
Hopeful thinking, but my "hope" meter is on "E".

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Heeeeeey now, look who showed up at Mecum to enlighten us on the Black Ghost and earn his lofty compensation... :rolleyes:

No way I'm going to waste time watching a doughnuthole vid.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Good thoughts.

LED have been around for a very long time, it was just a matter of improvement to get the great LED's we have today. I don't see any alternate power source on the horizon to replace Li-ion. (Some might start the H2 debate. :rolleyes:)

Hopeful thinking, but my "hope" meter is on "E".

LEDs are amazingly efficient sources of light, the reason they suck is the way we've been forced to implement them in the typical household, with each bulb needing its own AC/DC converter...

HORRIBLY inefficient and wasteful.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
I think that is part of it.
But is it enough? Plus, what the hell else do they have to sell?
notsure.gif

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I'm beginning to think Stellantis is only in it for the money. :unsure::LOL:
And the data.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Heeeeeey now, look who showed up at Mecum to enlighten us on the Black Ghost and earn his lofty compensation... :rolleyes:

Guess Preston has fully bought into the electric car bullshit, being that he is wearing pink shoes and all.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go

Well, good to see he got to go somewhere cool. Some of the other stuff was kinda way out there. Contract was for 15 events. He only got one day at SEMA.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Well, good to see he got to go somewhere cool. Some of the other stuff was kinda way out there. Contract was for 15 events. He only got one day at SEMA.
Do they pay for his transportation, hotels and food?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm sure.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Donut hole knows nothing about the car. They could have went to a night club and found someone then doing the whole contest if they were looking for someone to fit a profile. The car is super cool though:rolleyes:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
If they can sell enough electric cars and hybrids, they most certainly could bring back a high performance V8.

But Dodge has never really been given a budget to work with. What was their last "new" car? Dart?

Even the 5th generation Viper had about 3 dollars in the budget to make the car.

Ford is expecting their Lightning sales to more than cover the fleet MPG for the entire F150 lineup. Its a math game and for some reason Dodge couldn't figure it out. This is why the Hellcat and Hemis are dead and Ford is bringing a new 500hp 5.0 to market in 2024.
Not dart, hornet

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
How do you think those battery plants are being funded? That gazillion dollar Infrastructure (not really infrastructure) bill that passed. That's why all these companies jumped on that band wagon. Once the gubment money runs out that's when things will get interesting. Didn't Tesla have heavy gubment subsidies? Not looking so good now.
The announed investments in battery plants was 73 billion dollars last.year. 2.8 came as federal subsidies and 10 billion (or so) came as state and.local subsidies, mostly tax breaks, as usual. So federal.support is important but not decisive. And w todays interest rates there is clearly a determination at the corporate level that this is the future. Having been involved a little in corporate finance long ago i can say that while this government support is a nice to have it is not determinative, particularly at the federal level.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

Nice shoes...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wait... he says "last edition".... the alligator ghost isnt the final edition, right?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Can't understand batteries being the future when there's no grid/electrical stuff to support it. Build it and they won't come. I figure there's another reason these plants are going in.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yall remember that.post i made w photos of all the tesla charging stands that went up here a few months back at a mall as part.of the progreeively installed interstate highway electrical charging infrastructure? The things were vandalized back before christmas.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
The funniest part about EV’s is when Musk began to clean up Twitter. As soon as the libs saw him denying disinformation, they started hating Teslas! LOL! The libs were the biggest proponents/buyers and it was a slap in the side of the head that got them admit they purchased not for efficiency or to be green, but purely for status! Saving the planet is great, but they draw the line at the message it might send to their peers. LOL! Pure hypocrisy!!!

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
2024 Dodge badging.
1673477433103.jpeg

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
R kilowatt was the man. My grandfather was cheif op engineer for a major.power plant. Grew up w reddy k stuff around